My experience

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To D&C Experiences LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 21st, 2007, 07:54 AM
mama~manda06
Nov. 12th, 2004 took a home pregnancy test and it was positive so I made an appt at the clinic to get confirmation so I could find an ob. This was my first pregnancy in this state so I didn't have a doctor. I couldn't get into an ob without paying $430 first, so a few friends told me to go to the ER just saying I have cramping so they'll do an U/S. My last pregnancy was in 2001 so I was very curious on how far along I was. So I called into work.....boy were they ticked off, and had my husband gather our two children so we could head to the hospital. I felt great an was super excited, dh and I were going through a rough time and I had just came back into the home after 2 months of living with another man. Things were getting back on track with dh and I, this pregnancy was making everything fall right into place. At the ER they did a pee test and it came back positive. (Oh at the clinic it took a while for it to show up positive which should have been the first indication something wasn't right) So they said they'd do an U/S because I didn't know the date of my LMP. My husband took our kids to waiting room b/c they were super fussy. They were so young! I got wheeled back to the U/S room, and THAT is where it happened. The tech. was so nice, she explained everything she was doing and explained she couldn't find the baby and maybe it was just too early to see anything. She reassured me that not to worry about it right now. BUT she said that she had to go get her supervisor to make sure she did everything right. AND then in walks in the tech, her supervisor, and the ER doctor----I knew something was wrong. I didn't ask questions and they didn't say much, they all looked at the machine as she showed them her findings, and then they all stepped outside the door to talk. The tech came back in to help me to the wheel chair, she and her supervisor disapperead as soon as I was in the wheel chair. The ER took me into the hall, no one was in that area of the hospital due to construction, anyway he looked at me and said I'm sorry to tell you this but your baby didn't make it and you have to have surgery ASAP or you could die. The baby was attched to my ovary and doctors said that it could have bursted and I could have bled internally to death. So the doctor took me back to the ER room and closed the door, I cried from the u/s room to the room I was put in! The nurses went to tell my husband what was going on.....he came back with our two kids they all hugged me and we all cried together!! It was very emotional so my husband called our Pastor of the time and told him what was going on, it was bad timing for our church because one of our friends in the church was renewing their vows and everyone in the church was involved in same way. But luckily there was some that weren't going to the renewing wedding vows, so they came and got our children. Then I was taken to another part of the hospital, I couldnt tell you where because I was a basket case and had no clue of my surroundings. My husband was right there with me holding my hand.....I'm so glad he never said it was OKAY, because he knew it wasn't!!! The OB came in my private room explaining what they were going to do, I don't know how long it took or anything, I just don't remember it because I have blocked most of the day. After the surgery was over, I was put in a comfortable homey private room away from all the new babies and mom's! The OB showed my husband the picture of the baby on my ovary, he was grossed out by it-which I don't blame him one bit. So surprised that he was shown what it looked like, he says it still haunts him. I'm glad they showed him in a way b/c he knows some of the pain I was going through. It was so nice that we could go through it together. They wouldn't show it to me at all or talk to me about it. However they told me they would send it off and get it tested as they never seen this kind of ectopic before, OB also said it was something they just touched on in medical school--she now wishes they would have looked more into it! Said I was of medical interest, but they never told me their findings nor have I asked! I want to know but yet I don't so I'm just going to let it be as is. I did go on to have two more children after that, I actually got pregnant a month after I had the surgery done!! I was told to wait at least 3 months if not 6 months........OOPS! That day still haunts me to this day, so the week of Nov. 19th I keep to myself and cry! Thanks for listening~Amanda~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search