The D&C process is OVER

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To D&C Experiences LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 16th, 2007, 07:10 AM
keekopeeko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi there

Here's my story..

I had a natural m/c on oct 23rd... I went in to a follow up apointment over a week later and still had placenta tissue so they scheduled me for a D&C in the next couple days... Nov 2nd i had the D&C...

I hated the IV going in.. it took them a few tries...

They knocked me all the way out for the surgery..i had the option for a spinal but heck if i wanted to be awake during that!!

When i woke up i was mostly just tired.. and they changed a pad that was between my legs..it was bloody but not as bad as i thought.. then they gave me some morphine for the cramping..it wasnt even very bad..but i wanted to feel as little pain as possible...

then i went into the recovery room.. my mom had come with me because my DH couldnt get off work.. and they gave me hot tea (thats what i asked for) and lots of fluids in my IV... eventually they asked if i could try to pee.. so i did.. and i did.. and then they told me i could get dressed and go home! I was at the hospital from about 9:30am-2:30 pm..

went home.. took motrin all that day..i could feel crampyness. but it wasnt bad..i only took motrin that day and the next..
I pretty much stopped bleeding for a couple days and was beginning to think i wouldnt bleed at all... then 4 days after my D&C i started to bleed more.. i bled like a medium day period for a couple sdays.. then it slowed down to spotting and stopped all together on the 9th day after my D&C...

My BEST advice is to have someone around to help you so that you dont have to get up at all for the first couple days.. NOT because you cant, but because its good for your body to recover... i was up and around on the 3rd day...but its been 2 weeks since my D&C and i am just now starting to feel 100% again!

Overall its not that painfull.. but i said it like i never really felt my uterus before and i was very aware of it for about a week after the D&C... i couldnt really walk really quickly or run because it would start to kinda feel weird.. i dont kow how to explain it.. but it doesnt last!

~Em

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search