Elena

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Miscarriage Experiences LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 16th, 2009, 01:34 PM
Veteran
This section was so helpful for me when the doctor told me I was miscarrying and he would like me to do it naturally. I wanted to post my experience so people that are where I was can read it!

On April 13th I was 7 weeks and woke up with some bleeding. It was more than the spotting I had experienced so I went to the hospital. They did an ultrasound and we saw the baby and the heartbeat! We were thrilled!

I had my next appointment with the doctor on the 17. He did a pelvic exam and said everything looked good. My uterus was the right size and the spotting was normal. To be safe he ordered an ultrasound at 12 weeks.

I had my next appointment April 28th when I was 9 weeks. The midwife talked to me, felt my stomach and did a pelvic exam. She said all looked great and everything seemed to be moving right along.

I continued to bleed red blood, but it would stop and start over and over again. Sometimes I'd go all day with no blood, bleed for a bit at night and wake up with no blood. I was so confused, but hopeful since it was my first pregnancy I didn't know what to expect.

The night of May 10th I started to get minor cramps. And when I say minor, I mean minor. They hurt way less than normal cramps, but I could still feel them. I didn't know if something was wrong or if it was just everything stretching in there. That night I started bleeding again. This time there were what looked like clots. Small, and not much, but enough to be worried. DH wanted to take me to the hospital, but I said no, I'd wait until the next day.

May 11th I woke up and was still bleeding. Not enough to even wear a pad, but enough to scare me. We called the doctors office but an hour after we called they still had not called back so DH and my mom made the executive decision to bring me to the hospital.

I was bleeding off and on. They took blood and sent me for an ultrasound. The ultrasound tech was fantastic! When she said she wanted to do a vaginal I got worried. I thought at 11 weeks you should be able to see things through the abdominal ultrasound. She did the vaginal and said that she is not supposed to say anything, but she didn't see what she should see for 11 weeks. I was glad she told me because she was so nice and caring and was able to comfort me. She left the room for a few minutes so Mom, DH and I could have some alone time. I lost it! I was a gigantic crying mess. DH was so amazing. He didn't cry in front of me once! He is my hero! I could tell he was upset because he just kept saying that the ultrasound tech didn't try hard enough to see the baby.

My doctor came over from his office, looked at the ultrasound, blood work and did an exam. He said he saw nothing in the sac. My body had already absorbed the baby. My HCG levels should have been 20-30K but they were only 2K. I wanted a D&C because I did not want to have to go through a natural miscarriage but he said the baby was not there anymore and my uterus was small enough that he wanted me to do it naturally. He had me stop by his office to pick up two doses of misoprostol. He didn't tell me much about it, except that it would help my uterus contract.

We had to go to the store to get pads and ibuprofen, two things we didn't have in the house since I was pregnant.

That night I took my first dose of misoprostol. I panicked! I was hot, my heart was racing and I was sure I was dying! I had my first ever panic attack! DH called the doctor on call to check the side affects of the drug and she said I was fine, to take Tylenol PM and go to bed. She and I fell asleep on the couch with me laying on his lap. I was such a mess!

I woke up around 5 am with a pain in my lower abdomen. It was an odd pain that I cannot describe. I couldn't tell whether it was my uterus or I had to go #2! DH, my hero, brought me ibuprofen and my computer to distract me from what was going on. I passed three big somethings. I refused to look at it, so I don't know if it was just clots or tissue. I took some ibuprofen and went back to bed. When I woke up I took the second dose of misoprostol.

DH and I spent the day at home together. I was bleeding and changing my pad about every hour and a half. I really didn't have any cramps after that. I have felt things passing twice since the first time, but I still refuse to look at it.

Emotionally I am getting better. I can say that I miscarried, and feel ok, but it is when I think about what that word means that I get upset. DH is doing well. Throughout this process I think I forgot that he was hurting too. I feel like I let him down.

It's five days after I started miscarrying and I am still bleeding. It was not the experience I thought it would be. I as never in horrible pain and the bleeding was not terrible. Emotionally I am doing better today than I thought I would be. I'm nervous to go back to work Monday. Getting back to real life is scary!

To anyone reading this join the loss board and the TTC after loss board. The woman there are great and have helped me through this like only someone who has been there could have done!

The doctor advised us to wait three cycles to try again, but from talking to other people and reading information I think we start as soon as we can. It probably won't happen right away, so we'll start as soon as AF makes her appearance!

Last edited by ilovefh; May 16th, 2009 at 01:40 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search