What to expect during a natural miscarriage

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Miscarriage Experiences LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 13th, 2010, 03:29 PM
stephjp's Avatar TTC our first miracle
Mainly I am posting because when I was going though my m/c the thing that helped me most was the stories from all the brave women who shared their experiences.So, here goes...

When I was about 5 week we went in and saw the heartbeat. It was beautiful and my beta's were rising beautifully. The next day I started spotting dark red/brown blood. I attributed it to aggrivation to my cervix from the vaginal ultrasound they had given me the day before so I wasn't too worried about it. The ladies in my DDC encouraged me to go ahead and call my Dr just to let them know what was going on. They decided they wanted me to come in the next Tuesday which was just one week from the visit where we heard the HB. The nurse told me that just as much as spotting meant something it doesn't so I was feeling very encouraged. She proceeded to do the u/s and to our surprise there was no heartbeat. The baby had grown but only a little and my betas had only went up by 1350 which had the week before been at 20,000. Thats when I knew but the Dr told me to come back in the next week and we will make sure. She was trying to hold out faith and be optimistic. About 2 days later my bleeding started getting a little more red and heavy. That Thursday afternoon I started getting mild to minor cramps that lasted all afternoon. The next day I cramped all day and the spotting eased up a little which made me a little confused. That night, however, I started bleeding fairly heavy like AF bleeding and then about 20 minutes after that I felt this 'gush' start coming and I ran to the bathroom where I passed blood and about a 2 inch clot. After that everything eased up for a couple hours and then repeated itself again. The next day was Saturday and most my symptoms seemed to be gone and I thought the worst was over. I was so wrong. At midnight I started getting pretty bad cramps but somehow managed to fall asleep. At 4 am Sunday morning I was awakened by cramps and then I felt that familiar 'gush'. I ran to the bathroom and passed lots of clots and blood for the next 1 1/2 hours. I though that was finally it. I called my Dr and was told to come in the next day. On Monday I had no cramps but was bleeding like a mild AF. They did an u/s and we found that the baby was still in there! Then they did a pelvic exam and found my cervix was still closed. They urged me to get a D & C but thankfully I asked to wait and talk about it with my DH. They took my HCG levels and in 6 days had decreased from 21350 to around 3000. since they were so low, they decided to give my one more week to wait and let my body do everything itself. That next morning I woke up to almost severe cramps which I assumed were in my cervix. They were differrent from my previous cramps which were like AF cramps. They came and went with great intensity. My DH took me to my dr office and sure enough it was my cervix which was open. She saw the baby at the very edge and I know my body would have passed it soon but since it was so close the Dr just grabbed her forceps and pulled it out right there. Well, that was yesterday. Today, I am having light bleeding and little to no cramps. I have an appointment next week to make sure everthing came out. I do not know how I feel about TTC again. I know I will definately want to but it just seems so soon. My experience did so far has been more emotionally painful than physically painful... I sincerely hope that this has helped someone...I know these stories helped me
January 25th, 2010, 02:53 PM
mafiamom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i flew to florida to visit in laws and i was 8+4. i started spotting just a bit on my underwear and tp. it was tannish. no pain. normally that wouldnt even phase me, but for some reason something told me to go to the ER. after a TVU i was told the baby was 7-8 weeks along with no heart beat. i was told to expect to miscarry from anywhere between 7 - 14 days. my hcg levels were 14,121.

this was a thursday night. nothing happened until the following tuesday when i started to spot bright red. i never really spotted on a pad - i kept going to the bathroom every 2 hours (i was then walking around the disney parks on vacation with my family and another couple). it was in the restrooms that i would expel blood (like that stringy thick blood you get on the first day of your period) and some clots. this went on for two days. thursday the bleeding and the clotting in the toilet increased (still hardly anything on a pad... so strange). i passed the baby in the middle of the night thursday and the what i believe was the sac friday morning.

thru it all i continued to walk thru the disney parks. i took an advil in the morning and an advil at night to keep the cramps at bay. i really didnt have much pain at all and i am thankful for this after reading some other experiences.

the bleeding actually increased after i passed the big clots. it is now monday (6 days after the spotting started) and i still have small clots. i go for a post m/c exam tomorrow.

i am sorry we have all found our way here.... i pray that my experience will help someone who is nervous and scared to know what to expect. ~hugs and prayers for all of us.
February 15th, 2010, 03:47 AM
Thank you for all the wonderful women who shared their experiences in the effort to help others in a difficult time of need. I am so grateful for your contributions.
I found this thread yesterday, after 3 days of brown spotting and 9 hours in ER to see what was going on. Turned out I had an ablighted ovum. I was 9 1/2 weeks pregnant but as this was my second pregnancy I was not that surprised as I had no symptoms. My first pregnancy I had it all.
Still, the shock is wearing off and I am starting to feel the loss of what could have been, my little miracle has gone. Of course all miscarriages are awful, but I do feel I was lucky to have the easiest of the lot - no fetus actually formed, or if it did, it was absorbed back into my body. So having a natural miscarriage was OK as I was not passing a baby. My heart goes out to all those mommas who had to deal with that.
Today day 4, I started with what would be a normal period which progressed rapidly around 3pm to a heavy period. I had mild cramps and by 4pm I was passing a lot of blood and clots. The cramping was constant but livable. i held off on the advil as I was expecting a rough night ahead and wanted to start taking it when I really needed it.
THe flow came on fast for the next 3 hours with huge clots passing. I spent most of the time on the toilet and still had to change my super pads every 30min. Thanks to this post, I knew what to expect and was not scared at all.
Fortunately by 7pm it slowed down. It is now 10pm and I have no cramping and just a normal period flow. I am hoping that was the worst of it... time will tell and I have yet to take an advil . The experience was absolutely fine and peaceful, I am so glad I miscarried naturally. It was private and my body got to let go of the baby/sack when it was ready. It felt like my body physically grieved for the loss and was allowed to let it go on its own terms. For me personally I don't think a hospital procedure would have been good for me physically and long term emotionally. I got a lot of comfort and closure miscarrying naturally.
So sorry if you are reading this like I was yesterday to make sense of it all. Babies are such miracles, it's sad to lose one so early. May they rest in peace in the arms of heavenly angels.
March 21st, 2011, 11:31 AM
SmilesAreContagious's Avatar Rheanna Mommy-2-b
Lost my little light on March 18th, 2011

Heres how it went:
I found out I was pregnant on Sunday, March 13th, 2011, mine and my boyfriends one year anniversary. I took an over the counter pregnancy test, first response, and there were two line, one was a little light but there were definitely two lines. We were filled with every emotion under the sun, but we were mostly excited. We went to bed and in the morning, Monday I took another test, first response again, and same thing, two lines, one lighter than the other.

I went to work that day, Monday, told my mom (who I work with) and she was ecstatic. Soon after our excitement turned to fear, I went to the bathroom and it seems as though I had started my period. I was really scared, I called my boyfriend and we went to the hospital. The bleeding had stopped by the time we were seen. While at the hospital they took my blood and everything was normal, then they did an ultrasound and could not see much so they did a vaginal ultrasound where everything seemed perfect. We saw our little peanut, heart beat and all. The baby was in the right position, yolk sac was there, everything was perfect. We were told we were 5 weeks and 4 days.

The bleeding had almost stopped all the way and we went home, we were told I needed to stay on bed rest for a week and see my OB as soon as possible. I called and the soonest they could see me was Friday…this was on Tuesday. So I figured I would just be a bum and stay in bed, and I did exactly that. My amazing boyfriend waited on me hand and foot anything I needed.
Friday I went to the doctor, and they were going to do a pelvic exam, however since I was still spotting they postponed it. They gave me prenatal vitamins and sent me home telling me to stay on bed rest for two more weeks.

Later that day, I started to cramp and bleed more heavily. I put my feet up and tried to sleep it off. However, I couldn’t the cramps were too much. I went to the bathroom and that’s when I started passing clots, lots of them, and pretty big ones. About an hour later I went to the bathroom and when I wiped I saw the sac it was then I knew I had miscarried.

I was devastated and shocked. I am 24 and I have never been pregnant before this. To be honest I didn’t think I could get pregnant because I hadn’t been careful in the past and it had never happened. When I found out I was, it was as if all those fears of not being able to get pregnant and just lifted away. Not even a week after I find out, it was all taken away. Right now I think I am in the angry stage of the grieving process. I am just mad, mad that I even found out that I was pregnant, mad that as soon as I did find out it was taken from me.

It has been three days since my miscarriage; I am still bleeding, and still crying. My heart goes out to all of you. I wanted to personally say thank you so much to all you ladies who have taken the time to post their stories, they have helped me so much and I hope my story can help others!
March 21st, 2011, 12:12 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Thank you for sharing. We appreciate that you put yourselves out there to share your stories. Don't forget to join us on the main board as well and find amazing support and help during these difficult times.
May 24th, 2011, 01:48 AM
I am new to posting however I have had two miscarriages. One back in Sept/ Oct of last year. I found out I was pregnant soon after I had the pregnancy confirmed I started to bleed like getting my period after a few days, of the bleeding I went to the hospital, where my blood was taken, and I was told that I was roughly 7 weeks, Dr did an ultrasound and we saw a heartbeat. I was told that i was less likely to miscarry once we saw the heartbeat I was told to go home and rest, I bled off and on for the next few days, My ob dr appt was a week after the hospital trip, I was told to rest. I went to the appointment where my Dr did another ultrasound, and he could not find the heartbeat, so he sent me to another place to get a better ultrasound done. Which we found that the baby had died in uterus. It took another three weeks for me to pass it, my doctor told me that my body just did not know that the baby had pasted.
My last miscarriage was April 2011. I found out I was pregnant got it confirmed within four days after finding out I started to bleed again, I thought I am miscarrying and there is nothing that anyone can do, I was almost six weeks. I believe that it has to do with my age, I am 36 and after my miscarriage in Oct. My periods have not been regular like they use to be. I called my doctor and he had me come in he told me what I already knew, that I had indeed m/c.
I decided to start looking at what I could do to get my cycle right. Well I checked in to herbal supplements and took them for two weeks, I also tracked when I ovulated and I am currently pregnant almost six weeks, I am afraid of miscarrying again, so I have told no one, in my family. I go to the doctor tomorrow to have my hormones checked to make sure they are going up. My fingers are crossed. For all of you reading this.
When I miscarried both times I felt like I was getting my period and the doctor told me that there is nothing he could do to stop the bleeding or the miscarriage, I did grieve for both of those but I also know that it is not something I can control, this is the body's natural process. I feel for anyone going through this, and I understand your feelings so anger, sadness, and guilt. My prayers go out to you if you are reading this. Just know that you are in my prayers, and reading everything I could helped me come to terms with mine. I hope this gives you some answers. I hope this helps you
May 24th, 2011, 05:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
DonnaThompson-
I am so very sorry for your losses, but I am so happy for your current pregnany and will pray that your levels are wonderful & that you have a healthy rainbow baby.

A wonderful board for you to look at would be the Pregnancy After Loss board. The ladies there are wonderful!

Thank you Katie (.:Shortcake:.) for my beautiful siggy!!

June 11th, 2011, 09:23 AM
newmommysarah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
just thought id add my story to the list

I miscarried at 6 and a half weeks on April 30th It started with light pink bleeding on thursday night with mild cramping, then the blood turned red on friday morning. we went straight to the hospital, after they did a quick pregnancy test i was taken into A&E where they took blood and put a catheter in my arm which fecking hurt! I started cramping about 2 hours later, i was allowed to go to the bathroom but collapsed and couldn't get back up without my boyfriend helping me. By then the blood was pouring out of me and i was hit with the worst pain iv'e ever felt in my life. I couldn't walk so my boyfriend half carried me back to my bed i was screaming in pain until the doctor came running over to me with a syringe full of morphine; he said it was inhumane to let me suffer as there was no need for it. The morphine worked almost instantly - thank god! i was eventually taken for an ultrasound but they couldn't find anything so they did an internal scan (ewwww) but still couldn't find anything. After that they moved me up to the gynea ward where they took more blood (my poor arms) and urine samples every 2 hours. I passed a lot of clots the next morning but had only mild cramping - say 5-6 out of 10. They kept me in as the pain was over my right fallopian tube and the doctors were concerned i was having an ectopic. On the third day my blood work came back showing my hormone levels have dropped so it was just an early miscarriage and not an ectopic. i was allowed to go home but then my arm started gushing blood from where they had taken the catheter out. really did not need the extra drama but there it it. I had light bleeding and very mild cramps for the next 4 days, went back to the hospital for more blood tests and another ultrasound and they told me it was an early miscarriage and i had passed everything naturally. AF showed up 28 days later.

...and baby number 2
August 3rd, 2011, 03:58 AM
Frackel's Avatar DOh!
I just wanted to thank all of you ladies for sharing your stories here. I started reading this board this past weekend after learning that our sweet little baby's heart simply stopped for no apparent reason. I wanted to know what I might be in for and try as best as possible to prepare us. Not that you can really prepare for such a thing. Well, I can't anyway.
At some point I will share our detailed story as well, I think, but at the moment, it's still too very raw to share the more intimate details.
We were actually 13 weeks and 3 days when the heart stopped beating, not the 12 weeks 2 days the doctor originally thought(determined via previous US we had done). Test results won't be back for a couple of weeks we're told, but the doctor saw nothing abnormal. The growth was right on par for a 13 week old. We had originally scheduled a D&C for Tuesday after learning the little heart was no longer beating. But our baby, our sweet little perfectly formed boy, had other plans. Maybe he knew something we didn't, as the entire experience has been one hell of a roller coaster from the day we found out, until now.
I'm still bleeding, but I am told to expect it for at least another week or two. It's not too bad, lighter than I expected it to be, and there's still some cramping, but it's minimal. I don't regret our decision to let nature take it's course(the ER doc originally wanted a D&C done the moment we found out the heart stopped, but we wanted to wait a few days and my own doc agreed that was a wise choice).

Last edited by Frackel; August 3rd, 2011 at 04:01 AM.
August 3rd, 2011, 06:18 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frackel View Post
I just wanted to thank all of you ladies for sharing your stories here. I started reading this board this past weekend after learning that our sweet little baby's heart simply stopped for no apparent reason. I wanted to know what I might be in for and try as best as possible to prepare us. Not that you can really prepare for such a thing. Well, I can't anyway.
At some point I will share our detailed story as well, I think, but at the moment, it's still too very raw to share the more intimate details.
We were actually 13 weeks and 3 days when the heart stopped beating, not the 12 weeks 2 days the doctor originally thought(determined via previous US we had done). Test results won't be back for a couple of weeks we're told, but the doctor saw nothing abnormal. The growth was right on par for a 13 week old. We had originally scheduled a D&C for Tuesday after learning the little heart was no longer beating. But our baby, our sweet little perfectly formed boy, had other plans. Maybe he knew something we didn't, as the entire experience has been one hell of a roller coaster from the day we found out, until now.
I'm still bleeding, but I am told to expect it for at least another week or two. It's not too bad, lighter than I expected it to be, and there's still some cramping, but it's minimal. I don't regret our decision to let nature take it's course(the ER doc originally wanted a D&C done the moment we found out the heart stopped, but we wanted to wait a few days and my own doc agreed that was a wise choice).
I am so sorry for your loss

Thank you Katie (.:Shortcake:.) for my beautiful siggy!!

August 3rd, 2011, 06:53 AM
mollymalone's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thank you all for sharing your stories.

I am currently waiting out my 2nd miscarriage. I just found out yesterday. Two weeks ago, I had an early u/s where we saw a tiny heartbeat, and the baby measured 6weeks1day, pretty much right on schedule. Yesterday, I went in to meet my new Ob/Gyn (my former one left her practice this month), and she did another u/s.

I knew as soon as it was up on the screen that I had miscarried again. It was so small and there was no movement. I saw the doctor take a deep breath, and I started to cry. The baby measured 6weeks3days, when it should have been 8weeks 1day, and there was no heartbeat. So now I wait. That's why I looked up this board, to get an idea of how long it will take to pass.

My first miscarriage took place in December of 2009. At that time, I was having somewhat irregular periods, and had even been known to miss a month entirely from time to time. So when I didn't get my period at the end of October, I didn't really think much about it. (I was 35 at the time, and had never had a positive pregnancy test.) However, when the month of November passed, and I still didn't have one, I thought I had better take a test. When I tested positive on December 1st, I was in shock. I went to the doctor a couple of days later, and they estimated that I was almost 7 weeks pregnant by my LMP, but my HCG levels weren't exceptional, so they wondered if perhaps I wasn't quite that far along.

I was scheduled to see my Ob/Gyn on the 15th of December, but on the 13th, while rehearsing for the church Christmas program, I began spotting, and within a couple of hours bleeding heavily. My husband took me to the e/r, where I lay bleeding for over two hours while the nurses kept telling me, "It could still be okay." Finally, they took me down for an u/s where we saw not one, but two babies preparing to leave my body. The one measured only 6 weeks, the other, smaller than that.

I think I did most of my bleeding at the e/r, because although I cramped and bled for 3 or 4 days after that, it was no more severe than some of my periods.

This time, I know that I'm miscarrying before I have started to bleed, so I'm just nervous about how long it will take, or how severe it will be.

November 30th, 2011, 09:49 AM
I am at the end of a natural miscarriage and wanted to share my story. I came here to this site (and the many others) hoping to get an idea of what I might be experiencing, how long it might take and how painful it might be. What I learned from reading this board was that everyone is going to have a different experience. It doesn't mean that reading these experiences are not helpful…they definitely were for me…but be prepared to go through something unique to you.

Why I wanted to write so badly, was I feel incredibly lucky. There are many awful stories on this board of people who had to go through tremendous amounts of blood, pain and emotional trauma due to passing small embryos or fetus'. I am so sorry for each and every woman who has to go through that. My heart went out to you reading your stories and it continues to go out to you. My miscarriage was painful both physically and emotionally, but because my blood amounts were light and I did not pass any large tissue pieces, I thought that there was something wrong with my miscarriage. This was not the case.

My pregnancy seemed almost too good to be true. I felt great. Was a little tired, but not knock me down. I had a desire to eat good and healthy foods. I was not super hormonal aside from a few small blow-ups. In fact I felt incredibly grounded (which normally I am a bit scattered…I work several jobs). At 9 weeks 3 days (Tuesday) at work I noticed a small piece of tissue in the toilet and when I wiped there was a slight pink tinge. I immediately called the clinic and spoke with a nurse who said there was likely nothing wrong…happens all the time…etc…we will see you tomorrow at your scheduled appt. I was definitely freaked out and told my coworker who asked what was wrong that I was pg and possibly mc…and that wither I was having the easiest pregancy ever or I wasn't pregnant. She sent me home. It was a tough night.

Next day (Wednesday), spotting continued, light and slightly brown. Still not even enough for a panty liner. I went through the whole 1st part of appt while waiting for the midwife…paperwork, discussion of timelines. I told them about the spotting and the low symptoms. The nurses all thought I was fine. When the midwife got there I told her and she said, "let's get straight to the u/s and see." The screen lit up and she said, "this is where the pregnancy started and stopped." The baby measured 5 weeks 5 days. I of course started crying and we started to discuss my options. I was in shock, but told her I wanted to try and pass it naturally. As you don't typically read up a lot on miscarriage until you are going through one, I was a bit lost in the discussion. I really wish pregnancy books would add a discussion on miscarriage to your 1st prenatal visit. "Talk with your practitioner about their beliefs on miscarriage. Do they automatically go for a d and c? What do they recommend? Before that first visit, be prepared in the event that this could occur." When I have read anywhere between 1 in 5 and 1 in 3, I think we should be told to prepare for this and when it doesn't happen be glad you were prepared and didn't have to use that info.

I went home after getting a pad. I noticed the spotting had started to get a little heavier. We said we would speak the next week as to whether I might need a d and c or not. Of course I was working 2 days the next week and then it was Thanksgiving, so I didn't know how difficult scheduling was going to be.

Day 3 (Thursday) Tearful all day. Red blood. Sort of like a light period. Mild cramps that were taken care of with 2 advil. Sent an email to a friend who I hadn't spoken with in many months. I knew she had had 2 miscarriages. She told me to call her immediately as she was going through one at 9 weeks as well. We had a good talk. IT was nice to speak with someone in the same boat, who knew what to expect. She had had 2 d and c's b/f and was tryign to wait it out. She ended up having another d and c the following day. I spent the day reading websites and things like this. Wondering how bad it would get…whether I should get a d and c…how much would it cost...

Day 4 (Friday) Got up and started making breakfast for my husband. All of a sudden a very bad cramp started coming on and I realized that I was having what I can guess was a mild contraction…though it didn't feel mild at the time. IT lasted about 5 minutes. I took 2 extra advil and called the midwife to get a prescription for pain killers. If I wasnt going to have a baby I was not going to go through the pain. I got vicadin, took 2 over the course of the next 10 hours and vegged on the couch. The pain was gone, but the bleeding remained mild. Tiny bits of tissue, but not much of that and I mean tiny.

Day 5-7 (sat-mon) Still light bleeding, but not soaking any pads. Maybe using 2-3 pads a day! Day 7 (monday) I called the clinic and they wanted me to come in for another u/s to see if we needed to schedule a d and c. I went in and thankfully, they said most everything had passed. There was a thickening on the lining of the uterus on one side but that wasn't much. They told me I should expect to spot for a while longer…that I should ovulate in a few weeks and then have a period. That I would probably feel like I was bleeding forever…but I would be fine and would be able to ttc again after my next period.

Day 8-10 (tue-thur) Ridiculously light brown spotting tapers off to nothing. I was worried that I would not pass the remaining tissue and it would cause scarring.

Day 11 (friday) went for a 3-4 mile run. Didn't have a pad on as I had stopped bleeding. Got home and found a good amount of red blood in underwear. Decided that I would need to exercise the rest of the blood out of me.

I am now on Day 16. The spotting is drips here and there…mostly when I exercise.

Sorry for such a long post…but in the event that someone else out there is going through a "lighter" miscarriage I wanted them to know that it is normal and ok. I feel incredibly lucky that I was able to go through this naturally, though if I were further along, a d and c might have been a good option. I wish the best of luck to anyone reading this board because they are experiencing this loss. You are not alone, though at times it will feel very much like it. Take a deep breath, surround yourself with people you love and trust. Surround yourself with things you love. Eat bad food…eat good healthy food…know that although it feels like it is going on forever, the physical miscarriage will finally end…and you will be able to move forward. Emotionally it will take more time. This will be one more thing that makes you who you are. You will be more understanding of others. You will be more sensitive when you encounter people who go through loss.

take care of yourselves
May 17th, 2012, 11:50 AM
Hi, Salams,

I guess first, my heart goes out to every writer in this forum, cos it's a dark place to write from.

Second, I think i am crazy. At what i though was 8 weeks, i was told i had a faint heart beat and that i was 6 weeks. Told to come back, so at 7weeks i went back, there was no heart beat, no water no nothing. I was told as i had no blood to wait it out - and that was my preferred option. But
at 9 weeks (or my 11) im fatter, my boobs heavier, i hate my cat, hate food and throw up regularly and feel whooshy in my tummy.
so i went for another ultrasound which said no heartbeat.
but now at 10 or 12 weeks i still havent miscarried and have no signs of doing so......
what's happening????
May 17th, 2012, 08:43 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If you don't get a lot of replies, you might repost this on the main board in the room. But I think to me (not a medical professional here) that it sounds like your body has not realized that the baby passed away. I thought I was 12 weeks pregnant when I started to miscarry, the baby measured 7 weeks though and had no heartbeat. So it's possible the baby had been dead for 5 weeks before I started bleeding. It's rather gruesome, I guess, and I hope this isn't too frank for you. If the waiting gets to be too much emotionally, you can ask for a D&C or for medication to induce the m/c process. Or if you prefer, you can wait it out. I wanted to wait at home but by body decided otherwise in my situation. Other women have gone in for a D&C and felt closure instead of the horrible waiting. It's up to you, whatever you decide is what is best, there's not really a wrong way to do it.

I'm sorry you're going through this right now...I wouldn't wish it on anyone! I hope you can find some comfort by posting/reading on here. Take good care of yourself and keep us posted!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
May 18th, 2012, 12:29 AM
Thank u, will let you know.
DnC not an option where I am, they won't allow it until there is blood...
May 18th, 2012, 05:55 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry for your loss. I've had friends who lost their baby at 6 weeks and didn't start bleeding until 12 weeks. I agree with Joy that it your body probably doesn't realize the baby has died yet. That's one reason why I don't believe in symptoms as being an indicator of a healthy pregnancy. Not anymore anyways.

I hope that you start passing the baby soon so that you can start the process of healing and moving forward. Please join us in the main board if you'd like. As Joy said, there is more traffic there and you are more likely to get replies.
May 25th, 2012, 12:00 AM
unfortunately, my breasts are now doing the milk preparation change, and my "whoosh" feeling is more common. My husband and i are thinking we need to see a specialist, as the doctors are starting to look at me like i am crazy and honestly, i think i am ...... becoming more attached to a bump that all believe is dead
July 18th, 2012, 05:46 PM
carolinashore's Avatar Veteran
First I want to say that I am sorry that anyone has had to go through a miscarriage. I truly am sorry for everyone's losses.

I had a natural m/c in May, and thought I would share my story. I didn't post here during the m/c, but reading this board helped me some.

I was just shy of 9 weeks, and started spotting on a Wednesday, May 16th. Thursday it turned to bright red, so I called my doctor, who had me go to the ER. They did an ultrasound and couldn't find anything. Bloodwork showed that I was having a miscarriage, so I was sent home with a couple prescriptions (an antibiotic, and methylergonovine to help my uterus start contracting).

That Saturday was horrible, I've never had contractions that bad, and I've had two other children. I really struggled emotionally for the next couple of weeks, I was very depressed. At about the 1 week mark I passed a large amount of tissue. That really added to my depression. That slowly improved, and I feel like I'm back to my normal self now.

The bleeding lasted for almost 6 weeks. It would slow down to just barely spotting for a day or two, then pick back up. I thought it would never stop. I was starting to worry that I would end up with a D&C after going through everything I had gone through with the natural m/c. I also had to keep going back for blood draws, as my HCG numbers were slow to drop. At the 2 week mark they were still 1600. I went back at 4 weeks, and they had dropped back to negative.

Hugs to everyone.

Last edited by carolinashore; July 18th, 2012 at 06:07 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search