Emma_J

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Miscarriage Experiences LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 21st, 2006, 09:53 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
After TTC for 3 cycles, I was over the moon to find out I was pregnant on November 9th. Right from the beginning I knew this pregnancy wouldn't make it, but everyone told me to start thinking positive.

Around 11.30am on Tuesday the 15th November, I went to the toilet, and noticed I was spotting. I freaked out big time, rang my partner (now ex) and m/w - they both came over. My midwife told me that spotting in early pregnancy was common, and to just rest.

Wednesday I lay on the couch all day - the spotting was continuing, but wasn't getting any worse. I hoped that it was just some 'innocent' spotting. Some tests came back the m/w had done the day before, and it showed that I had bacterial vaginosis, so I had to go and get some antibiotics - my midwife said that could be the cause of the bleeding.

Thursday I lay on the couch all day, watching Family Guy DVD's. The spotting was continuing, and still wasn't getting worse - but it wasn't going away, all the same. I cried on and off a lot, and spoke to my midwife again, who tried to reassure me that everything *might* be okay still. I knew deep down I was losing my baby.

Friday was another day spent on the couch, though early afternoon I noticed the spotting was lightening up! I was over the moon - there was just a slight pink tinge whenever I wiped! I had some cramps, but put them down to 'normal' pregnancy cramps, and thought nothing of it - even started to relax. Until about 7pm that night - when I went to the toilet and had a lot more blood on wiping, and noticed some clots. I knew right then, that I was losing my baby - or very close to it.

Saturday I woke up with bad cramps, and noticed a lot more bleeding. It still wasn't as heavy as my period, but was bright red, and I was passing clots, so I knew things were bad. I rang my m/w and told her, and she said to just rest for the day, and to update her if anything happened. I didn't want to hang around and wait for it to happen, so I rang my sister and we arranged to go to the mall that afternoon. I was cramping the entire morning, and the bleeding wasn't letting up, but I tried to ignore it all.

At the mall I needed to go to the toilet, and when I did, I found a big clot, and I knew that it was my baby. I sat in the stall crying, and having no idea what to do. I kept staring at my baby - that really did look nothing more than a clot - but I could see the little embryo.... I felt like the most horrible person in the world, flushing it down the toilet.

I got to my parents later that afternoon and rang my midwife, and explained the clots to her, and she said it sounded like I had definately miscarried, but they would arrange a scan for me on the Monday morning, to confirm it, and to make sure all the 'products of conception' were gone from my uterus.

Sunday I spent the day with my aunty & cousins at a christmas parade. Hard as it was, I just didnt' want to be at home.

Monday morning rolled around, and my m/w rang and said I was booked in for 4pm. 4pm, my Mum went into the US room with me, while my Dad and m/w waited in the reception area. The US tech explained what they were looking for, to indicate I hadn't miscarried, and vice versa.. he told me with a sad voice, that my uterus was empty..... but that on the 'positive' side, there were no remaining POC, so a D&C wouldn't be necessary....

... that's my story. I was lucky enough to conceive again in January of this year, and am now waiting for the arrival of my little girl. It has been a bittersweet experience for me though, because not a day passes where I don't think of the little one, who I lost...

July 22nd, 2006, 09:27 PM
niema's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to niema
I lost my baby on memorial day of 2005. i woke up that morning feeling crampy and noticed that i didnt feel as sick as usual. I could even drink pop, which I couldnt even look at with the morning sickness. I went to my moms for a bar-b-cue and the cramps started getting more noticeable. I went to the bathroom and noticed some discharge. I could not even eat b/c the cramps were starting to hurt bad.

Later that day i went home and laid down to see if I napped will it go away. Nope i could not even sleep. The pains were way more intense and it felt like i was having contractions. I went to the bathroom and wiped, it was bright red blood on the tissue,although it was only a small amount. I knew i was about to miscarry even though it was my first. I told my sister and she told me to go to the hospital. I called my bf to take me to the ER. I went to the bathroom again b/c it felt as if I was in labor. i was just about 10 or 11weeks. This time it was alot of bright red blood. I started to cry.

45min later I was in the ER waiting room waiting to register. I finally got called to the back and i started to feel dizzy and lightheaded. when I got my room I told the nurse that I had to go to the bathroom and i was so disoriented b/c of the pain. The nurse said that I would have to go in the bedpan in case I pass anything. I wasnt having it b/cI felt like I needed to have a bowel movement. I argued with the nurse until she finally gave in.

I went to the bathroom in the ER and sat on the toilet. I usually would put tissue around the toilet but I was in too much pain to think about it. i felt the blood clots coming out and then I felt something bigger sliding out and heard a big plop. I knew that was my baby. the pain went away and I got off the toilet and started to cry when I saw a little tiny baby. it could fit in the palm of my hand. my baby had its arms and legs already.

i got a nurse and she came and saw. along with other nurses and Drs. I could do nothing but cry as they led me in the wheelchair to ultrasound. I was in the hospital for three days. I now have a healthy baby girl who was born june 5th 2006 at 6:11am weighing 7lbs 4oz and 19in long. I will never forget my little memorial day baby.
July 23rd, 2006, 10:34 AM
Astrid's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Emma ~ Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I know that other women looking for answers may read this & get some. I appreciate you taking the time out to do so. THANK YOU!

January 2nd, 2007, 01:35 AM
Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy Send a message via MSN to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy Send a message via Yahoo to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy
Quote:
After TTC for 3 cycles, I was over the moon to find out I was pregnant on November 9th. Right from the beginning I knew this pregnancy wouldn't make it, but everyone told me to start thinking positive.

Around 11.30am on Tuesday the 15th November, I went to the toilet, and noticed I was spotting. I freaked out big time, rang my partner (now ex) and m/w - they both came over. My midwife told me that spotting in early pregnancy was common, and to just rest.

Wednesday I lay on the couch all day - the spotting was continuing, but wasn't getting any worse. I hoped that it was just some 'innocent' spotting. Some tests came back the m/w had done the day before, and it showed that I had bacterial vaginosis, so I had to go and get some antibiotics - my midwife said that could be the cause of the bleeding.

Thursday I lay on the couch all day, watching Family Guy DVD's. The spotting was continuing, and still wasn't getting worse - but it wasn't going away, all the same. I cried on and off a lot, and spoke to my midwife again, who tried to reassure me that everything *might* be okay still. I knew deep down I was losing my baby.

Friday was another day spent on the couch, though early afternoon I noticed the spotting was lightening up! I was over the moon - there was just a slight pink tinge whenever I wiped! I had some cramps, but put them down to 'normal' pregnancy cramps, and thought nothing of it - even started to relax. Until about 7pm that night - when I went to the toilet and had a lot more blood on wiping, and noticed some clots. I knew right then, that I was losing my baby - or very close to it.

Saturday I woke up with bad cramps, and noticed a lot more bleeding. It still wasn't as heavy as my period, but was bright red, and I was passing clots, so I knew things were bad. I rang my m/w and told her, and she said to just rest for the day, and to update her if anything happened. I didn't want to hang around and wait for it to happen, so I rang my sister and we arranged to go to the mall that afternoon. I was cramping the entire morning, and the bleeding wasn't letting up, but I tried to ignore it all.

At the mall I needed to go to the toilet, and when I did, I found a big clot, and I knew that it was my baby. I sat in the stall crying, and having no idea what to do. I kept staring at my baby - that really did look nothing more than a clot - but I could see the little embryo.... I felt like the most horrible person in the world, flushing it down the toilet.

I got to my parents later that afternoon and rang my midwife, and explained the clots to her, and she said it sounded like I had definately miscarried, but they would arrange a scan for me on the Monday morning, to confirm it, and to make sure all the 'products of conception' were gone from my uterus.

Sunday I spent the day with my aunty & cousins at a christmas parade. Hard as it was, I just didnt' want to be at home.

Monday morning rolled around, and my m/w rang and said I was booked in for 4pm. 4pm, my Mum went into the US room with me, while my Dad and m/w waited in the reception area. The US tech explained what they were looking for, to indicate I hadn't miscarried, and vice versa.. he told me with a sad voice, that my uterus was empty..... but that on the 'positive' side, there were no remaining POC, so a D&C wouldn't be necessary....

... that's my story. I was lucky enough to conceive again in January of this year, and am now waiting for the arrival of my little girl. It has been a bittersweet experience for me though, because not a day passes where I don't think of the little one, who I lost...[/b]
Congrats on your new little girl! I know how it is to be pregnant after miscarriage. We're going to TTC again and I'm very nervous..... and scared of having a m/c

January 5th, 2007, 08:47 PM
oceanbreeze06's Avatar Super Mommy
Best of luck to you mishelly!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search