Jessie

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Miscarriage Experiences LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 8th, 2007, 06:34 PM
viXen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I started spotting with blood on Sunday. This can be very normal during pregnancy so I wasn't worried. But it got a tad heavier. I took off of work on Monday to relax. Monday night again, heavier. By Tuesday morning I was trying to get ready for work when the bleeding got alot worse and I started to feel this weird pain/pressure. I had Nathan take me to the ER.

We were admitted right away and hung out there for a while. They sent me for a sonogram, then sent me back to wait for the results. That is when the doctor came in and said, "Fetal Demise". That means my baby just didn't have a heartbeat anymore. She was such a sweet doctor and she huged me as I cried. Nathan came back in after my examination and just held me. I already had a feeling something was wrong, as I had lost all my pregnancy symptoms, but to hear it from someone else is totally different.

So now I had the choice of miscarrying on my own or by a D&C, which is where they put me asleep and go in to remove everything from my body. I chose the D&C, as its not as painful. But they could only schedule me for today (Thursday) at 12pm. I just knew my body wouldn't make it.

Last night (Wednesday) I started cramping and bleeding pretty bad. I kenw I was miscarrying on my own. I called my doctor to let her know and she said to call in the morning so they can discuss what to do about the D&C, we had to decide if the D&C would still be required. I passed huge clots, had painful contractions, but I made it through. It lasted 4 hours. It started to calm down and by the time I went to bed, I had only light cramping and just heavy period like bleeding. I woke up this morning feeling good. I called the doctor and she told me to come in at 9:30 so she could look me over and decide if we were going to do the D&C.

After speaking with her,, I start cramping again bad and bleeding pretty bad too. Her office is in the hospital, I barely even made it there I was bleeding so much. Nate had to get a wheel chair and I had blood all over me. Just that 15 minutes to the hospital and it was soaked through my clothes. They had me go straight to the ER and that is where I was. My vitals were good though, my body was holding up very well even though I was feeling pretty dizzy. I was given pain medication and examined by my doctor. There was something stuck by my cervix which was causing me to bleed and be in so much pain. She removed it, she believe it was placenta.

She came back to check on me about an hour later and there was still alot of blood. She said she wasnt expecting to see that much and sent me for an emergency ultrasound. Thank goodness they gave me more medication before that because it hurt! After waiting for the results, the ultrasound came back good, that my body had pretty much passed everything by itself, so we wouldn't have to get the D&C. If they had come back bad, I would of gone in for a D&C.

I am still bleeding a good amount but my body seems to be dealing with it well. They had given me the medication to make my uterus shrink and gave me another pain med to deal with that. On the way home I started throwing up in the car. All that medication and nothing to eat... they wouldnt let me eat or drink the whole time I was there! I havent eaten since 7:30 last night.

So 7 unexpected hours in the ER. Just when I thought everything was going to be fine! I had no cramping through the night, after the 4 hours of very heavy bleeding. To start up again this morning really took me by surprise. The doc thinks it was because of that very little that was having a hard time getting passed the cervix.

I can officially say that I wont be getting pregnant again any time soon. This experience has really bruised me and I couldn't even think of the possibility of going through it again. I felt so different about things this morning, and then everything went out of control.

Our little bean, knew we lost you on 2/6/07, only with us for 8 weeks and 4 days.

February 8th, 2007, 07:38 PM
TheyGrowLikeWeeds's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to TheyGrowLikeWeeds
I was in the September DDC too. I'm so sorry to see you in here! It's heartbreaking to see people so happy and then just have it taken away. I'm so sorry for your loss!

Your experience in the hospital sounds so scary! I'm glad you are doing better now. Take you time getting better, it's a lot to get through. Just take it easy and pamper yourself a little. This is a good time to focus on yourself and get some good r+r.

I love my Peanut M&Ms Cameron & Kiefer!!Eliza's Blog
March 10th, 2007, 11:47 AM
MommyStacey2012's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to MommyStacey2012 Send a message via MSN to MommyStacey2012 Send a message via Yahoo to MommyStacey2012
sad for your loss but glad to have friend from the sept dd broad over here.
Seraphina Nova 5/10/2013
Ten Angels in heaven

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search