Roxanne

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Miscarriage Experiences LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 10th, 2007, 04:04 PM
Regular
I am writing this post to let people know how dramatic my natural miscarriage was. I don't mean to scare anyone who is about to go through it, but I want everyone to be informed. I have read alot of posts on here that didn't make a natural miscarriage sound so bad. What I want everyone to realize is that everyone is different and every miscarriage is different. My miscarriage started on Thursday. I had cramping and spotting so I went to the doctor. I had an US that revealed the baby was 7 weeks and had a very faint heartbeat; the week before it was much stronger. The doctor told me to wait a few days and repeat the US. Since it was Easter weekend I couldn't get in for a repeat US until Tues. I went to work Friday, but sufferred cramps on and off all day; I, however, slept well that night. Saturday I woke to severe cramping and bleeding. Sunday I had even more severe cramping, almost like labor pains. During our Easter dinner I started to bleed heavy bright red blood and passed clots in the bathroom. I will never forget the color difference in this blood compared to my monthly period. I left my parents house and went home. I continued with severe cramps and bleeding most of the night. In the morning I finally called the doctor. He told me he was sorry for what I was going through, but it sounded like I was almost done. (He had offered me a D&C on Thurs. but with a faint heartbeat I refused.) The doctor told me to keep my US appointment on tuesday and follow up with him immediately after. He also told me I could take 800 mg of motrin every 8 hours for pain. Monday I hardly had any cramps so i didn't take the motrin until I went to bed around 11 pm. I awoke around 4 am with severe cramping and went to the bathroom. I sat there for 1 1/2 hours, but still had not passed anything remotely resembling a gestational sac. I felt full, however, like I had a tampon in. At 8:30 am I went for my US and the tech confirmed that there was no pregnancy tissue left in the uterus. We cried together, because we had become quite close over my 4 week ordeal and 5 sonograms. At 9:00 am I had my apt with the doctor. I told him I still had that full feeling. He asked me when was the last time I passed tissue or had cramps and I told him around 5 AM. He said he was sorry to put me through more discomfort, but he wanted to do a vaginal exam. As soon as he started the exam, I knew something was wrong. He kept changng the speculum (sp) and appeared very nervous. He told me I was going to feel a pinch (ha ha) of my cervix. I reached for my hubby's hand and squeezed. It was then that he removed my baby manually as it had gotten stuck in my cervix. I have had 3 children and never experienced so much pain before that moment (and hope to never again). In retrospect, I wish I had taken the D&C the Friday before. I spent 6 days of hell, lost alot of blood and am now very weak as I write this, but I am compelled to share my story. For anyone out there going through this I pray you have an easier time. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search