Denise

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Miscarriage Experiences LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 24th, 2008, 10:00 AM
DenBic's Avatar Regular
Hi everyone.
This was our first miscarrage, and a complete surprise. I was playing with my dd on Wednesday morning and suddenly felt gooy down there, and rushed to the bathroom suspecting the worst. (I would have been 12 weeks that same day) It looked like I had lost my mucus plug... gooy with blood though the mucus, and light bleeding... I took it easy, but hard to do with a 14 month old and babysitting a 17 month old too. I put them to nap early so I could take a moment for myself, and while I was rocking in my chair, I started having mild contractions, when I got up and went to the bathroom I passed a large round clot with a bit of long thin white tissue. The bleeding was still not alot, but I knew it was the end... The kids woke up, and I kept going to the bathroom to check on the bleeding... 3:30 came around and the 17 month old got picked up (her mother was at the hospital because she had falled down her stairs and was actually pregnant and due the same week I was, and luckly everything was fine for them!!!!!) DH was home early from work, and we took right off to the ER to check things out... still having mild contractions, I was having active bleeding while the dr. checked, but still not much blood. They ordered the HCG test, and the reselts were showing #'s as if I were only 1 month instead of 3... A bit earlier while waiting I started to get really strong contractions and nautious... I made myself throw up (as I used to do with my periods to help me feel better.) and it helped right away... I spent the evening on the toilotte, and some in the bath when the bleeding let up a bit... passed lots of clots, mostly a tad smaller than the first one... then a clump of mushylooking tissues... I figured it was the fetus at the time that must have died a month before. (we had no u/s done, nor appointment, so nothing to base things on) the contractions stopped mostly, but I was sick from being sick and I was hungry but to nautious to eat or drink.. But I was exahusted, so I did fall asleep for an hour at a time. DH took the day off work to watch our daughter while I lay down and tryed to eat. The mother of the lady that had falled down her stairs, brought us an awesome supper, and I was finally able to eat something solid... sweet ham! I slept well that night. The next day I 'felt' back to normal, and went to my mothers group as usual, and they all gave me support... Put dd to nap then went back to ER for the checkup blood test... #'s much lower... home again... after dd was in bed, I thought I had to poo because of the pressure, but it turns out it was the fetus, though it did not look like one... I took a mirror to look down there, and something was trying to come out, so I gently pushed, and a large oval, clot coloured form emerged. TMI next.... do not read if sensitive.... It was red and clot looking, smooth on one end and looked like something ripped off on the other end. Along the longest part it had cartalage looking lines running the length of it... it also had tisues thoughout, but it had no features making it looking anything like a fetus, though it was 2 1/2 inchs long by 1 inch wide aprox... It shocked me, and I am still abit messed about it... being being so late, and tired, and dd was in bed, I did not want to go back to ER for another 6 hours, so we wrapped it up in tissue and a bag, and disposed of it the only way we could with 4 feet of snow on the very frozen ground... in the garbage (which I am still uneasy about). I have tried to read or look for photos, but not much seems to be simular to what I saw... I hope I passed everything... I am still bleeding, but only like a light period, and only very tiny clots occasionally... Its Monday now. The birthattendant I know as a friend seems to think what I passed was the fetus, but she did not see it, only my DH, and he has no clue about that sort of thing...
Anyways.. I guess I am still trying to figure that part out, and worried I still have the something up there that will not come out or soemthing... It was the worst thing I have ever experenced, and made me want to adopt our next in order to avoid that happening again! I think those feelings will change eventually.... I hope....
Not sure what else to say... It was an odd experience for me.. I still expect to see something that looked like a fetus pass, but nothing, and no more cramps really.. and so little bleeding... I guess time will tell, as I was asked to wait to see what happend after a week from that Friday... waiting is hard....
</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search