Weekly Photo Comp!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Photo Contests LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 17th, 2008, 03:17 PM
greenjeans's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Back by popular demand, our weekly themed photo contest!

This week's theme is self portrait. All too often we are on the backside of the camera clicking the shutter. This week I want to see your personality in your photos. Think outside the normal realm of portraits as this contest has a special twist, NO FACES! Photograph your favorite feature (G-rate folks ) doing your favorite activity. For example, if you love photography, and I hope you do, a picture of you behind the camera is a great idea. PM me if you need any help or ideas. This is a great way to get to know everybody!

Rules: I'm going to limit everybody to two submissions. If anyone wants that changed, let me know. The longest side can't exceed 800 pixels in size. To submit your photos, please PM me your selections.

Deadline is November 24th at 5pm CST
Voting begins November 24th, 2008

If anyone wants to make any suggestions or have any ideas for themes, let me know. This contest is about you ladies, so I want it to reflect you.

November 18th, 2008, 07:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oooh.....now this is interesting! I am going to try to do this one although I am painting my house so....it might be tough! Although the only part of my body I am quite fond of are my girls...bahahahhahahha I definitely need to find a different body part! bahahhahahah
November 18th, 2008, 09:54 AM
SweetCris's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i dont get it: how can i get a selfportrait if it doesn't include my face? what should i shot? sorry i'm confused

28. MOM TO NICHO. SEPARATED & UNTAKEN. WORKER. 'BOUT TO GO LIVING ALONE WITH MY ANGEL. NEW LIFE IS GOOD!!

I ADORE PHOTOGRAPHY: MY FLICKR (artphotos) | MY WEBSITE (business, italian)
November 18th, 2008, 01:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
anything other than your face, like your belly, hands, feet, behind your camera I cant wait!

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
November 18th, 2008, 05:43 PM
This is where the photograher's creativity comes into play. If you google "self portrait photography" (without the quotes) you'll see lots of examples of portraits that don't contain the persons face.

A perfect example, Cris, is your photo in your blog of you in a pink sweater with just your belly and the cake with "Nicholas" on the flag.

Another example: Kimberly is painting her house and so she could take a picture of her with back turned to the camera, painting a wall.

Another spin is to obscure your face with something like your camera or a book.

November 19th, 2008, 12:31 PM
stephie1012's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
k i got 2 ideas lets see how this pans out lol

November 20th, 2008, 03:33 AM
SweetCris's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
oh okay, that's perfect. the photo must be taken JUST for this contest? so i know how much time i've left to take it...

28. MOM TO NICHO. SEPARATED & UNTAKEN. WORKER. 'BOUT TO GO LIVING ALONE WITH MY ANGEL. NEW LIFE IS GOOD!!

I ADORE PHOTOGRAPHY: MY FLICKR (artphotos) | MY WEBSITE (business, italian)
November 20th, 2008, 05:51 PM
I would prefer that it's one that you specifically take for the contest, but I realize that people have lives and that you may have one you really love that you've already taken, so I'm not going to require that it be something new.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search