back in the saddle (sort of)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC after recurrent loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 24th, 2008, 04:04 PM
mellochick's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mellochick
Hi ladies,

Its been months since I posted. I've been lurking for a few days but my bfp post is still on the board from angel #5 so its been hard to return. After a loss I have to take a break from the boards and obsessing about getting/staying pg. My RE thinks I had a chemical pg last time. I think I was pg too long for it to be chemical. We are going to try IVF. It took me a while to get pregnant the last time, and I thought maybe pre-screening the embies might give us a better chance to have a viable pregnancy. Thankfully my insurance pays for it so we will give it a go. I got bloodwork done today - we have an IVF class on 7/8. I will call the doctor on Thursday to find out my FSH levels and what we need to do next. They said that we have to do the IVF class before we can start the process. I saw some birth stories from ladies that have been where I am, so that gives me hope.

My prayers for a healthy baby to hold in my arms were answered on
February 18, 2010. God is GOOD! Mommy to 6 angel babies.
Nicole
June 24th, 2008, 09:12 PM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Nicole I am so sorry this has been such a painful and difficult journey for you. I wish I knew why so many have to struggle so hard for what most seem to get with little to no effort. I wish I could really make sense of it. I am glad you are having some positive things happening to hep you move to that next step. It is AWESOME that your insurance pays for that. That is the only thing that would reduce our chances for future mc (since we have a chromosomal issue) and it is soooo expensive. I pray that this is what you need in order to get that take home baby finally & have those long awaited prayers answered!

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

June 25th, 2008, 07:51 AM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome back, Nicole. I'm glad you have a plan and really good insurance to help. I pray that everything goes well with the IVF and look forward to going on this journey with you.

If you want me to have the other post removed, I can certainly do that for you. Just let me know.
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
June 25th, 2008, 03:17 PM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Welcome back, Nicole. I'm glad you have a plan and really good insurance to help. I pray that everything goes well with the IVF and look forward to going on this journey with you.

If you want me to have the other post removed, I can certainly do that for you. Just let me know.[/b]
All done - I was thinking the SAME thing. I think we need to start a thread on this.

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

June 26th, 2008, 07:22 PM
mellochick's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mellochick
Thanks for removing the post. I am blessed that my insurance pays 85% of everything, basically the same coverage I have for regular medical care. Now I just have to get DH to make a "deposit" for his semen analysis. He's being a pain about it. He has to do it soon so we can get the info to the insurance company and start the stimulation meds next month.

My prayers for a healthy baby to hold in my arms were answered on
February 18, 2010. God is GOOD! Mommy to 6 angel babies.
Nicole
July 2nd, 2008, 09:21 PM
Bakin8th's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so very sorry for your losses

I acually checked into a IVF with PGD before I had results back from genetics and Pathology on last baby we lost but we decided against it after all tests on placenta, baby and me came back normal.

I wish you the best for your upcomeing IVF!!!

Ttcing #9 After TWO 2nd trimester loss's and FIVE 1st trimester loss's. Missing our 8 ANGEL'S

IUI W/CLOMID/TRIGGER FEB 12/13 09!

Kyle (absent) Chelsea, Miki, Hanna, Johna, Sari, Jessiah and Isaiah.

THE LORD GIVES AND TAKES AWAY MY HEART WILL CHOOSE TO SAY BLESSED BE HIS WONDERFUL NAME!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Our 8 Greatly missed Angels
12W, 6W, 6W, 9W 1 twin, 5W
17W twins (sex unkown) and "Elijah"
17W "Angel"

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search