How to continue on?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC after recurrent loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 2nd, 2009, 03:38 PM
Regular
Hello ladies. I've just had another D&C for my 4th loss and our RE said we could try again once AF returned. Most of me is willing and ready to try again once AF shows, but there's a small part of me that feels this is never gonna happen for us and there's no point in continuing on. How do you press on after recurrent loss? How can I stop feeling hopeless and angry?

Last edited by w8tn4Rs; April 2nd, 2009 at 09:34 PM.
April 3rd, 2009, 05:07 AM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
I am so sorry for your losses. Have they done any testing to find out a reason?

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
April 3rd, 2009, 07:05 AM
~*Kixs*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
(((HUGS))) I am very sorry for you losses

To answer your question...how do you press on....IDK you just do. For me it was the feeling that I needed a child! And every loss just incressed that feeling. Like I had to sucessed! I know that is probably not healthy...but that is what I felt. And when I was finally able to hold my 1st born I knew that pressing on was the best thing we had ever done.

DH and I have lost 3 angels & my right tube. We are blessed with 2 living children (both came after losses) and we plan on TTC angain this summer. We know we will probably be in for more heartache but IMO children make life to precious to give up on.

Good luck to you hun! And if you don't feel ready your 1st month...WAIT. You will have a chance the next month and the month after than and after that. In your heart you will know when it is the right time to try again.

April 3rd, 2009, 09:02 AM
Regular
I feel the same way. I have to succeed at this, and we are SO ready to start our family. I'm just so tired of being let down. I was diagnosed with being insulin resistant in January so I started taking metformin for it. Every other RPL test was normal. Maybe I just needed to be on the meds longer... idk...

Last edited by w8tn4Rs; April 3rd, 2009 at 09:04 AM.
April 3rd, 2009, 09:57 AM
~*Kixs*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
They are going to be testing my SIL for that this month. She had 1 pg and lost the baby at 10w due to a subchorionic bleed and had not been able to get pg since...it has been 2 years.

How far along were you with your angels?

April 3rd, 2009, 10:02 AM
Regular
a MM/C at 13 weeks with only a yolk sac
We had D&C and got pregnant again on that cycle without an AF in between (COMPLETE ACCIDENT) and I naturally m/c at 6 weeks. We took three months off and three months later we had a chemical. That was Nov' 08. I started Metformin in january and found out we were pregnant again that same cycle. Everything was going well and we saw the heartbeat at 7.5 weeks. Went back a day shy of 9 weeks and the heartbeat was no longer there.
April 3rd, 2009, 10:03 AM
Regular
double post...oops.

Last edited by w8tn4Rs; April 3rd, 2009 at 10:06 AM.
April 3rd, 2009, 08:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I think the same thing sometimes. For me it's an obsession, and every loss makes it worse! I am one of those people that can't leave the basketball court until she makes a basket, even if it takes all night. So I think it's the same with my RPL. I just know it has to work eventually! So I keep trying until I get it right!

April 4th, 2009, 10:54 AM
Regular
stargatemommy, that's exactly how I feel. I'm more determined then ever until we get this right and I'm blessed with a happy & happy child. I'm just not prepared to throw in the towel although I feel down at the moment.
April 4th, 2009, 11:05 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I know the feeling, I get that feeling every other day! TTCAL is definitely a crazy journey. I never thought I would be this obsessed with having a baby!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search