Ramblings to myself...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC after recurrent loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 2nd, 2010, 09:34 AM
Super Mommy
Hi! This is the first time I've read this thread too. I saw your post about coats and how TTC affects your clothes purchases. Yup! I had to laugh. I do the same thing. I don't want to spend any money on clothes in case I get pregnant and won't be able to wear them.

And I thougth I'd pass this website along. It's a fertility indicator based on the lenght of your period. I have used it approximately 4 times. And all 4 times I got pregnant. I know everyone's different but it might be worth a try

Ovulation Calendar - Free to Use

Good luck!!!

TTC 3/07
m/c - 7/29/07 (5w4d)
m/c - 10/8/07 (6w4d)
m/c - 2/27/08 (11w5d)
m/c - 6/20/08 (7w2d)
9/08 - IVF w/ PGD: Cycle cancelled, not enough mature follies
10/08 - IVF w/ PGD: Cycle cancelled, ovulated on my own
12/08 - IVF w/ PGD: BFP!
Owen Royce...born August 28, 2009

1/10 IVF w/ PGD: 1 egg fertilized, so no PGD
1/30/10 Transferred in one embryo
2/13/10 - BFP!
Georgia Elle...born October 15, 2010

January 4th, 2010, 10:33 AM
~*Kixs*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks Nicole!!! I am going to check out that site! I chart but have been really really really bad about temping so this site will be a help

So CD 17...I know I said DH and I were going to get SERIOUS about TTC but this month has pretty much been NTNP again. *sigh* But this is my fault too. I have just been so down this holiday season. I don't want to say I am depressed but I have been in a funk and it is effecting my relationship with DH. We have been fighting a lot this passed month mostly b/c of me and my attitude and stubborness. I guess we will see what becomes of this cycle.

January 4th, 2010, 10:38 AM
Humm...just check out the O site and it says I am fertile today, tomorrow and will O on the 6th...I have not had much CM but I am going to woo DH anyways! Glad we made up and stopped fighting this weekend!

January 4th, 2010, 10:43 AM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole1022 View Post
Hi! This is the first time I've read this thread too. I saw your post about coats and how TTC affects your clothes purchases. Yup! I had to laugh. I do the same thing. I don't want to spend any money on clothes in case I get pregnant and won't be able to wear them.
I also do that. I need new pants really bad (I have ONE pair that fits.) but don't wanna "waste" money on something I might not be able to wear more than a couple of weeks.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
January 4th, 2010, 10:51 AM

I am glad to know I am not the only nut who does this!

In 2007 after I had my May loss and then my ectopic in October I gave all my maternity clothes to my little cousin who found out she was pg at 19 by suprise. Not a month later I found out I was pg with DS. Maybe we should all go out and by new pants!!!

January 4th, 2010, 08:39 PM
Super Mommy
And new bras. LOL! Mine was new bras that I didn't want to spend the money on. And here I am again....doing the same thing. Crossing my fingers we get a BFP this coming cycle!

TTC 3/07
m/c - 7/29/07 (5w4d)
m/c - 10/8/07 (6w4d)
m/c - 2/27/08 (11w5d)
m/c - 6/20/08 (7w2d)

2/13/10 - BFP!

January 5th, 2010, 10:01 AM
LOL I have been holding off buying bra's too!!! I weaned DS in August and only bought 2 little cheapy walmart bra's b/c I know the girls will change size again when I get pg.

January 5th, 2010, 11:43 AM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well I am hoping all is the same this time around as last because I held off on bras too & then I had no remarkable change in size...I could have worn the same bras all the way through...LOL The ONLY time I was too big was like maybe 2-4 weeks PP - other than that I am about the same size as always even with BF...go figure. So I just bought a bunch more nursing bras (since I have been wearing mine for three years now & they are falling apart...). I HOPE nothing is different this time around.

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

January 8th, 2010, 12:43 PM
Beckie...I really don't think you will have much change since you are still nursing your DS. I could be wrong but since you already have milk I don't imagine there would be much change with DS #2.

Are you going to tandum nurse? Silly question, ofcourse you are. Are you ready for it? I think it would be exciting and daunting all at once. You are so blessed to have such a great BF relationship with your kiddo's.

Well...CD #21...I am in the 2ww Thanks to Nicole and the neat O calculator It sounds so silly b/c I have been charting for 6 years but I still can't really tell the difference between CM and SR. I looked on the TTC w/ charting board and they have some great info on. Long TMI story short...I think I was fertile during those days

So I am about 2dpo That means I can test on the 16th...just in time for my wedding anniversary on the 17th What a fun anniversary gift that would be

January 9th, 2010, 11:39 AM
Super Mommy
Oooh! That means one week from today you can test! Can't wait to see how it went!

TTC 3/07
m/c - 7/29/07 (5w4d)
m/c - 10/8/07 (6w4d)
m/c - 2/27/08 (11w5d)
m/c - 6/20/08 (7w2d)

2/13/10 - BFP!

January 11th, 2010, 12:25 PM
My bb's are tingling I hope that is a good sign. Seriously I am getting that pain that feels like it goes straight from your nipple into your breast. I don't have milk anymore so I know it is not a clogged duct! I am hoping that it is an early sign.

Friday I went to pick the kids up from my mom's (she runs a daycare and watches then for us...so nice...so lucky!) and my Grandma was there. She looked at me and said your going to have another girl. WHAT!!!

My Grandma has always know when someone in the family is pg. It is really freaky! But she always knows!!!! She has 4 children, 8 grandchildren, and 9 great-grandchildren and has know with every single one of them. I don't know how she does it but she does.

I asked her when and she said she did not know may in 9 months My grandma is crazy...I love her. No one knows that we are TTC so it was kinda cool to hear her say that. Plus DD has been asking for a sister since DS was born.

I really hope Grandma is right! I guess we will see. AF is due 1/21/10 (33CD)

January 18th, 2010, 02:37 PM
I tested on Friday and got another BFN I could still be way to early as af is not due until Thursday but I was just hoping that if I was pg I would at least get a faint line.

My bb's are still tender feeling. Nothing major but different than normal. Other than that no symptoms. But I guess that is okay. With my living children I did not really get any symptoms until 6 weeks or so.

I am just already starting to loose hope about being pg this cycle. I have been pretty positive about TTC this time around but those feelings of "why has it not happened yet" are starting to creep back up. *sigh*

I need to not let myself think like this. DH and I have always agreed we would take however many children the Lord see's fit to bring us....even if that only means the two we are blessed with now (and we are soooo blessed to have them). But I don't want this to be it. I know that is extreemly selfish but my heart wants another child so badly. I want to give my children more sibiling. I want my DD to have a sister that she has been asking for. I want my son to see me BF a child and instill in him the love and support that he will need as a husband to encourage his wife to natural parent. I want to give my DH another child that he wants as badly as I do. I want those sleepless nights with a newborn. I want I want I want!!!! But I need to relax and let go. I am not in control of this now I am? He is. And He knows what is best.

It is just hard sometime. We have been TTC 5m now and NTNP for a couple months before that while I was BF DS.

Thanks for letting me get that out. It has really been weighing on my heart lately.

January 21st, 2010, 10:12 AM
CD34...so far. I just having a feeling that AF is on her evil way

Since my last 3-4 cycles have been perfect 33CD cycles I may test tomorrow if SHE doe not show today. I even took my back up tampoon out of my purse to taunt her to show her ugly head. for some reason it is easier to find out that I am not pg that way rather than to stare at a BFN and turn it every angle imaginable looking for some glimmer of a faint line only to not see one.

I am not very hopeful though. At the start of this cycle I was like "THIS IS IT" I just knew it! But now I think it was silly wishing. My bb's are not tender like they were when I posted about it. I keep checking and hoping but they are not.

Only time will tell but I full expect to be posting...CD1...fairly soon.

January 26th, 2010, 06:25 AM
Okay so seriously - no AF still???

What's going on!!! I wanna know.

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

January 26th, 2010, 12:25 PM
The showed on Sunday morning Seriously it was still dark out side and I was not please to have to wash my sheets that early.

So I am on CD3. Ho-hum.

January 27th, 2010, 05:15 AM
Oh hun I am sorry! I especially hate the surprise visits. Can you recap for me anything you are doing to assist you in TTC - like vitamins or anything you are taking/using.... Maybe I can give you a few ideas you haven't come across (thought I highly doubt that especially if you are on the TTC boards at all - those ladies seem to know every trick).

January 28th, 2010, 11:34 AM
You are so sweet Beckie! Basically all DH and I are doing to TTC is hope.

We really stressed out TTC our 1st (m/c) than DD then our 3rd (m/c) and then our 4th (ectopic loss) than DS was a HUGE suprise. I was so blessed to get pg with him right after my ectopic before AF even had a chance to show up. We were actually TTA at that time but I O'd 2x and was pretty depressed so I stopped charting after the first O.

It was so amazing how it felt not to stress out TTC. Previously it had really put a wedge between me and DH. We got so one tracked that we really stopped enjoying the blessing that the marriage bed is.

While we still want to take a less rushed approch to TTC I am going to start temping this month. Previously I had just been tracking my days and CM if I happened to think about it.

The fact that we are not pg yet is b/c we have not been trying very hard

And while we have never gotten pg on the 1st try TTC has never taken longer than 6m for us. It is the staying pg part that I have issues with.

January 29th, 2010, 06:46 AM
Well the only reason I ask is because there are some simple basics that up your chances that aren't a big commitment (like Vit B6). I am also of course a HUGE advocate of taking prenates all the time & folic acid.

I also didnt' know if you might want to check with your Dr about this: Maca Root To Balance Hormones It's a supplement that is supposed to balance hormones & I know you said that you have low progesterone & wasn't' sure if it might be of help with that potentially.

GL with the temping. I like to do it because I am nuts...LOL It just makes me feel like I have a good handle on what is happening hormonally.

January 29th, 2010, 11:33 AM
I love temping too DH and I started using NFP 6 years ago when we got married. It makes me feel so confident in my body and connected in my marriage. It forces open communication

I do take pre-natals but had not heard of Maca Root . I will have to look into this.

Believe it or not my LP has actually gotten a little longer after having DS. Not sure why but it has gone from 10-11 days to about 13 days. I have not had my progesterone check but wonder...hummm.

Thank you for the idea's!

January 30th, 2010, 10:54 AM
Well I decided that even though you say you are taking thsi all in stride that I want to help support you in that & want to share words of wisdom & inspiration that I love...

Hope you don't mind!

After a while you learn
The subtle difference
Between holding a hand,
And chaining a soul.
And you learn
That love doesn't mean leaning,
And company doesn't mean security.
And you begin to learn,
That kisses aren't contracts,
And presents aren't promises.
And you begin to accept your defeats
With your head up and your eyes ahead
With the grace of a woman or man,
Not the grief of a child.
And you learn to build all your roads on today,
For tomorrows ground is
Too uncertain for plans
And futures have a way of falling down
In mid-flight
After a while you learn,
That even sunshine burns if you get too much.
So you plant your own garden,
And decorate your own soul
Instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers.
And you learn
That you really can endure
That you really are strong
And you really do have worth.
And you learn ...
And you learn ...
With every defeat.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search