beccasmom7718

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC after recurrent loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 21st, 2009, 01:26 PM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
I didn't wanna hijack the roll call. The first day of your cycle is the day AF starts. The day of Ovulation varies from woman to woman, cycle to cycle. I usually O between cd 15 and cd 21. Temping, opks, and cervical checks can all assist you in determining when you O.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
October 21st, 2009, 03:39 PM
Super Mommy
ok...sooo aunt flow lasted for 7days..so im on day #7 of my cycle... what is ur temp supposed to be before and when u o? they should have a book called ovulation for dummies

October 21st, 2009, 04:23 PM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
That varies on the person. For temping you need to buy a BBT thermometer. You can temp orally or vaginally, but it needs to be at the same time each day and as soon as you get up. (I do mine at 5:30 when DH wakes up for work and then just go back to sleep.) Use a site like fertlityfriend.com (free!) to keep track of your temps and systems. FF also offers a wonderful tutorial on how to read the charts.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
October 21st, 2009, 10:46 PM
plan4fate's Avatar I may bend, but not break
Send a message via MSN to plan4fate
Some women can also pin point Ovulation with out temping. I'm one of those (un)lucky few. I'll get a few bright red streaks of blood in CM the day before, and a migraine the day off... I'm oing late this cycle Today is CD18 and I'm just Oing tonight.

In the midst of that blood and the migraine, I ovulate. (or according to the bloodwork run the last two cycles have shown.
~TTC #1 together 2 years and counting ~

Awesome siggy made by Jaidynsmum
Matthew and Mark 08/24/2005 9w1d, Mattie Anne 04/07/2008 8w Mel and Dee 01/19/2010 (8 weeks) and 5 chemical pregnancies
Hope 07/22/2012@4w1d,Konnor 11/24/2012@3w6d,"Emmy"1/15/2013@ 3w6d,Ronen 02/10/2013@3w5d,Joy 07/19/2013@3w6d, "Pea" 09/06/2013@ 3w3d

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, PCOS, Insulin resistant.
150mcg Synthyroid, 500mg Metformin (aiming for 1500mg)
October 23rd, 2009, 09:26 AM
~*Kixs*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You may also want to check out the NFP/FAM board of Charting to TTC board.

Charting is actually pretty easy once you get the hang of it. Here is a really simplified rundown:

CD1 starts with your first day of AF (spotting does not count only actually bleeding)

Oing varies from woman to woman and month to month.

You know you have O'd when your waking temp is at leat 4/10th of a degree higher for 4 days in a row.

Get a BBT thermo...you can get them at most drug stores. And take your temp when you first wake up BEFORE you get out of bed at the same time everyday. If you are up and moving around your temp will he higher and not reliable.

Aside from temping it is also a good idea to check your cervical mucus (CM). When you are most fertile you CM will look and feel like egg white...clear, slimmy, and stretchy.

You can also check to position of your cervix. When you are most fertile it will be low and open.

And while I have not seem charting for dummies (although that would be a good idea!) a good book for charting is "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" or "The Art of Natural Family Planning". I have the 2nd book and really like it b/c it talks about charting to TTC, avoid, during pre-menopause, PP, and while BFing. You can use this book forever!

Good luck!

Last edited by ~*Kixs*~; October 23rd, 2009 at 09:36 AM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search