Next time

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC after recurrent loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 6th, 2010, 10:51 AM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
When do you plan on making the announcement with your next pregnancy?

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
July 6th, 2010, 08:56 PM
MountainMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MountainMomma
I have such mixed feelings on this. I think we will likely hold off until after the first trimester. I want to hold off as long as possible which isn't a problem with my family. They are nearly 1000 miles away and I've only seen them twice in the past 4 years. With Matt's family though.... we see them daily and I don't know how long we can wait before telling them. Once we do get to the point that we choose to reveal it to them, we will tell everyone.

As far as here on JM.... I tell you all before DH even knows usually! lol

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my new siggy!

Click on my blinkies to tour some of my favorite boards!
July 8th, 2010, 01:45 PM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
(Welcome back Steph!)

I'm also undecided. Last time we were going to tell everyone right away but then we m/c'd immediately.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
July 9th, 2010, 11:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am thinking I will hold off as long as I can.

July 29th, 2010, 01:25 PM
ambee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm not really TTC right now, but thought I'd pipe in anyways.

After my first loss I didn't really want to tell anyone until the 2nd trimester. Once we made it to 12 weeks I told EVERYONE. I lost Sophie at 16 weeks, so for me, there isn't really a "safe" time to tell people. I was told I have a 60% chance of having another 2nd trimester m/c with any pregnancy. So now my strategy is to tell only those closest to me in the first trimester and I still make a biggish announcement after 12/13 weeks and pray for the best.

The way I see it, I can't keep it a total secret from everyone because if/when I lose the baby I'll need support from those closest to me. I can't shoulder it all alone.

Wow, sorry for the book!

*Thank you so much to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!*

Sophie Lucille: In my life for a moment, in my heart for a lifetime. May 25th, 2006 at 16 weeks.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search