TTC again.. my story...Pg mentioned

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC after recurrent loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 20th, 2010, 08:06 AM
IneedCoffee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My story.. summarized as best I can.

M/c #1 was in the fall of 1997.
M/c #2 was in the Summer of 2004.
DD was born in Winter of 2008 after ntnp.
In February of 2009 we began 'trying' expecting it to just happen.
By September I was referred to an RE.
Everything checked out fine, except for DH's slightly slow swimmers. We were eyeing the IUI route to help that out.
Painful periods and O plus an extremely sore tailbone during AF sent me to the doc again... they told me it was possible endo. Got the proceedure, they removed some.. but not enough to 'impede conception'.

We kept trying... loosing hope. Some months the fertility monitor never showed Ovulation. Some months it was obvious.

In June 2010 we tried the Zavos Home Conception kit.. and ....

June 30th I got my first BFP! July 16th the spotting started.
September I was told I had Celiac Disease. Did research.. and no doctor would admit there might be a relation between celiac and miscarriage, but the OB said to go gluten free.
We only dtd once after that using Instead Soft Cups after BD.. and August 20th we got our next BFP.

I called the doc like she asked, and they ran tests. HCG was there.. around 1200 or so. Progesterone was fine. They set up an early u/s.. and on the 31st of August, I saw a cute little sac and a heartbeat of 100. They retested HCG.. called the next day to tell me it was around 700.

September 3rd, the pregnancy ended.

I did the full panel recurrent miscarriage blood workup and everything was normal. The only item that was high/normal was the anticardiolipin antibodies (sp). I get that one retested again next Wednesday.

After talking to my doctor again yesterday, she said there is nothing she can do for me, except refer me back to the RE. She wouldn't prescribe progesterone either since my luteal phase is long and my tests always showed good progesterone levels. So everything is up to me now.

Update from 11/12/10:
Last blood test came back high. Referred to Perinatologist. Went to see her on 11/9/10.. received diagnosis of APS - Antiphospholipid Antibody Syndrome. On aspirin daily.. referred to Hematologist. TTC is up in the air at this time.

So here I am.. ttc again.

Taking my prenatal and baby aspirin.

I have no idea what else to do.

11/19/10
Hematologist agreed i have APS. He is concerned about there might be another underlying issue, and is retesting me for a few things in early December.
Until then, DH has agreed to stick to our timeline and continue TTC until my birthday in May. It has been our plan all along.
I have been instructed to see both the Peri and the Hematologist as soon as I get another BFP.

BFP on December 13th.
Started Lovenox on Dec. 14th.
Blood drawn on Dec. 15th.... HCG @ 65/ Progesterone at 13.8.
Next draw on December 21st.

Last edited by IneedCoffee; December 17th, 2010 at 09:50 AM. Reason: Just another update
October 20th, 2010, 08:37 AM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
I am saddened to read this. I hope that you will be able to get that sticky bean soon.

Are you going back to your RE? Maybe gluten free will help. I don't really know what to say, I just wanted to give you

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

October 20th, 2010, 09:47 AM
Thank you. No.. we are done with the RE. Lack of any real help.. and our insurance doesn't cover her anyway.
If this is meant to be, it will happen.
October 20th, 2010, 10:03 AM
ambee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
First of all I want to offer a big virtual hug. You've definitely had a long and painful road.

Secondly, I think you need to find a new doctor. You sound like you could certainly have a blood clotting disorder. Baby aspirin may be all that you need, but you might need something stronger, like heparin. Secondly, studies have shown that progesterone might help women with RPL, even if they aren't deficient. Extra progesterone isn't likely to hurt anything, since our bodies produce it anyways early in pregnancy. The fact that she won't even consider it tells me you need to see someone else.

I tested abnormal for my lupus anticoagulants, though was assured it probably had nothing to do with my 3 losses, even my 16 week loss. After doing research on my own I realized that was crap, it's a leading cause of RPL. I also read about the benefits of progesterone to treat RPL. When I got pregnant for a 4th time I asked to be put on baby aspirin and progesterone, just in case. That resulted in the birth of my little miracle baby.

Keep searching for answers. Even REs know so little about RPL. If it can't hurt and might help, do all that you can to have a healthy pregnancy. Big hugs!

*Thank you so much to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!*

Sophie Lucille: In my life for a moment, in my heart for a lifetime. May 25th, 2006 at 16 weeks.
October 20th, 2010, 11:44 AM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
I agree with finding a new dr. If your not O'ing consistently there ARE things they can do. I don't O regularly (but do O sometimes) and am on 3 different meds to help. Another thing you can do with DH's swimmers being low is Mucinex. It will thin your CM and make it easier for the sperm to get where they need. My RE has me taking 600mg 3x's a day.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
October 25th, 2010, 09:49 AM
Well, AF showed up today.. 4 days early. That hasn't happened in over a year.
November 2nd, 2010, 08:08 AM
Well, things are changing. I had a blood test for a high/normal Anticardiolipin Antibody redone last week. It came back High.

I have been referred to a perinatologist for help. I don't know what this means. I have never heard of a perinatolgist in my life.
November 11th, 2010, 06:11 AM
austinmommy3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherWTX View Post
Well, things are changing. I had a blood test for a high/normal Anticardiolipin Antibody redone last week. It came back High.

I have been referred to a perinatologist for help. I don't know what this means. I have never heard of a perinatolgist in my life.
When do you go? I was sent to one during my various phases of miscarriages and with his help and the wonderful OB I had, I now have my DS and my DD.

November 11th, 2010, 06:41 AM
I went 2 days ago... and she confirmed APS. She was very nice.. but straightforward... I like that. My OB is super nice.. and tends to be too optimistic at times when I just need the truth.
I just hope the hematologist is not s sugar coater..... i can't stand that. I will be seeing him next week for the first time.

I have to admit.. having a clotting disorder scares me. My mother nearly died of a pulmonary embolism last year.. and has clots again now. They have her on lovonox. (sp)

My Blog
November 11th, 2010, 11:09 AM
I had a clotting disorder with one of my pregnancies and was on shots, it was scary but worth it. Good luck on your appointment!

November 12th, 2010, 08:48 AM
My lil update. DH and I will be talking this weekend about the future and TTC... but until then, we have this month.
We had one opportunity for bd this cycle, and it did fall in the fertile window.. so we will see. We didn't *try* like usual.. we just bd. So, I don't feel so optimistic. I guess I am 5dpo. AF is due on the 21st.

My Blog
November 12th, 2010, 12:44 PM
ambee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sometimes not really trying can be the best thing for you! Sometimes it can help to just try and not think about it all that much. Best of luck to you this cycle!

*Thank you so much to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!*

Sophie Lucille: In my life for a moment, in my heart for a lifetime. May 25th, 2006 at 16 weeks.
November 29th, 2010, 11:28 AM
Gearing up for O! DH is on board.. so here we go.

I am back to the "All I want for Christmas is a BFP" state of mind.

My Blog
December 1st, 2010, 03:00 PM
Yay!! Throwing baby cement at you!

December 2nd, 2010, 10:45 AM
Thank you!! I actually got a positive OPK today!! Here's to hoping the monitor shows a peak tomorrow.

My Blog
December 2nd, 2010, 06:30 PM
Quote:
Thank you!! I actually got a positive OPK today!! Here's to hoping the monitor shows a peak tomorrow.

December 3rd, 2010, 08:51 AM
No peak today.. still 'low'. Still going to attack DH later.

My Blog
December 6th, 2010, 08:07 AM
Monitor never showed a high or peak. OPK showed a positive so that was something. Guess I am in the 2ww.

My Blog
December 6th, 2010, 07:04 PM
Quote:
Monitor never showed a high or peak. OPK showed a positive so that was something. Guess I am in the 2ww.

Here's for a sticky bean!!

December 14th, 2010, 08:23 AM

My Blog

Last edited by IneedCoffee; December 14th, 2010 at 08:31 AM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search