Trying again...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC after recurrent loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 4th, 2010, 09:19 AM
sandel07's Avatar Veteran
Just looking for a few opinions....I know that they say you should wait 2-3 cycles before ttc after a loss. Is it necessary to wait? I dont have a problem getting pregnant, my problem is staying pregnant.

I will be getting more lab work (clotting/lupus) done once my BETA is back to 0....Once I have those results I want to start TTC, is waiting 1 cycle enough? Im 38 and dont feel I have all that much time to wait.....
November 4th, 2010, 10:41 AM
IneedCoffee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My doctor told me that there was no need to wait (unless a d&c) was involved. I didn't.. until now. I have my lupus panel results back.. and am going for further help. So waiting this time around is best.
I am 35.. and I understand your need to keep moving.
November 5th, 2010, 09:32 AM
Lex&angels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think you need to wait until you have all of your lab work back. I've been pregnant again while still waiting for labwork and it's very scary. It's best to know as much as you can and discuss it with your doctor and have a plan before getting pregnant.

November 5th, 2010, 11:36 AM
sandel07's Avatar Veteran
I intend to wait at least until after I see the doctor on Wednesday and get labs done, just dont want to wait 3 months if I dont have too. I now have the mindset When it happens and not if it happens--Just hope I can stay positive.
November 5th, 2010, 12:14 PM
ambee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've always been told it depends how far along you were when you had your loss. My doctor told me for early losses the only reason they prefer you to wait one complete cycle to make dating the pregnancy easier. However, after my 16 week loss they encouraged me to take BC pills for 3 months afterwards because they REALLY weren't comfortable with me getting pregnant immediately. If you experienced an early loss, then I think you can do it whenever you're comfortable.

That being said, it seems I do remember reading somewhere that you're super fertile after a m/c, but that your chances of having a chemical pregnancy if you don't wait an entire cycle are greater. Best of luck in making your decision!

*Thank you so much to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!*

Sophie Lucille: In my life for a moment, in my heart for a lifetime. May 25th, 2006 at 16 weeks.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search