Change of Plans...again

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC after recurrent loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 1st, 2010, 11:00 AM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
The RE said the lining was nice and thick (12mm)...any one know what's considered normal?

He was very pleased with the follies. I had two on the left measuring 29mm and 30mm and one on the right at 22mm.

However, I did get some bad news. The post-coital test was awful. Pretty much all of the sperm were dead. I feel like such a failure. I feel...betrayed. First I got pregnant really easily. Heck, Dominic was a bcp baby. I just couldn't carry. Then my body decided to stop ovulating. I got over that with the theory at least we'll still be conceiving at home...even if we need meds to get me there. But now my body decides to KILL the sperm. Really, is this some sort of cruel joke? Because, I'm not finding it at all funny.

So, anyway, our plan very quickly changed. We're triggering at home tonight (instead of in office this morning) and going in Friday for an IUI. Luckily DH has to do some work that requires the network to go offline so he had scheduled to work Friday night for today. (As opposed to his usual just switching days which wouldn't have allowed for the IUI.)

I feel as though I'm grieving in a way. Grieving my "natural" conception. Betrayed by the fact that my body can't do a single thing right. Terrified, knowing that even if we do conceive on this plan, there is no assurance that I'm even going to be able to carry the pregnancy to term. We never did get an answer about WHY I kept miscarrying.

This is our last ditch effort. We've already agreed no IVF. If this doesn't work, we're done. (Of course, I don't know how many IUIs we'll agree too...)

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
December 1st, 2010, 02:22 PM
IneedCoffee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am so sorry for more hurdles you have to conquer. I am wishing very strong fertile thoughts for you that Friday will be a good day!

My Blog
December 1st, 2010, 02:58 PM
austinmommy3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ohh Augie, I am sorry!! BUT glad you had good follies and I hope the IUI will do it's thing, keeping you in my thoughts!

December 1st, 2010, 05:22 PM
ambee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Crossing all of my crossables that this will be the last time you have to bother with any fertility treatments! With follies like that you stand a great chance of getting pregnant this month. I'm sorry it's been so rough for you though.

*Thank you so much to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!*

Sophie Lucille: In my life for a moment, in my heart for a lifetime. May 25th, 2006 at 16 weeks.
December 3rd, 2010, 09:42 AM
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
Thanks ladies! It wasn't too bad. A little crampy afterwords but not horrible.

DH went with me and got up and kissed me as soon as the doctor left the room. It was emotional as I still hadn't had much time to process it and accept it, but I know we made the right choice. Before getting started the RE told me he hoped that I wouldn't be back. I told him I probably would be but hopefully not for a long time! Then as he was leaving the room he wished us luck.

I really hope this is it. 4 years (1 of not ttc, but oopsie pg anyway, 2 of actively ttc, and 1 of ntnp) is way too long for me!

Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
December 3rd, 2010, 10:23 AM
Halloween81's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad everything went okay. I have me fingers crossed too. I really hope this is it for you.
Chemical pregnancy - January 9, 2010
Miscarriage at 10 weeks - April 21, 2010
Miscarriage at 7 weeks - October 22, 2010
Miscarriage at 10 weeks - May 14, 2011
Miscarriage at 17 weeks - December 7, 2011 (My sweet little Joshua had Achondrogenesis type 2)
Miscarriage at 5 weeks - June 5, 2013

All test results normal. Reason for RPL unknown.

Annabel born healthy at 35 weeks - May 22, 2014
December 4th, 2010, 06:40 AM
austinmommy3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am glad everything went okay and will keep throwing baby dust your way!
December 6th, 2010, 08:02 AM
I am keeping everything crossable crossed for you!! This is going to be a long 2ww, but we are all here with you.

My Blog
December 6th, 2010, 08:31 AM
Glad it went well! Throwing lots of baby dust your way!

Sophie Lucille: In my life for a moment, in my heart for a lifetime. May 25th, 2006 at 16 weeks.
December 10th, 2010, 09:29 AM
How are you feeling? The 2ww is almost done. Are you testing.. or holding out?

I can't wait.. never could. I really hope there is a warm little bean nestling in for the long haul.

My Blog
December 10th, 2010, 09:53 AM

December 10th, 2010, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherWTX View Post
How are you feeling? The 2ww is almost done. Are you testing.. or holding out?

I can't wait.. never could. I really hope there is a warm little bean nestling in for the long haul.
I'm feeling ! lol I can't get enough to eat! I am 7dpo today (9dp trigger) and it's taking forever. I'm only testing until the trigger's gone then I'll wait until AF's due (maybe late).

December 10th, 2010, 02:18 PM
Ohh.. we are on the same track. 8dpo here!

I have my fingers, toes, legs and eyes crossed for you!!!

My Blog
December 10th, 2010, 02:24 PM
Thanks! I *really* want a Christmas BFP!

to you as well!

December 17th, 2010, 09:43 AM
Thinking of you!

My Blog
December 17th, 2010, 10:08 AM
Any new news Augie? Are you testing today?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search