Today is the day!**Update, I'm back from the appt**

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC after recurrent loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 10th, 2011, 05:39 AM
Addaboy's Avatar Veteran
I am going to see the new dr(high risk/perinatal)! I'm not really excited, been there done that & been let down HARD. So, I don't want that to happen again. I really don't have any feelings at this point, I'm sure anxiety will kick in when I'm in the waiting room.

If he tells me that I just have bad luck or that I'm too fat like the other drs I've seen, he's going to regret saying it. Will someone bail me out of jail??

******************UPDATE****************
Thanks for the thoughts & prayers!

ok- the dr I saw wasn't bad, I did still have some bad things happen.

1st- the receptionist asked if this was my 1st pregnancy with the dr

Then, they put me in a conference room that connected 2 hallways(I realize now that I won't be getting an u/s & the lady who scheduled me must have thought I was pregnant & that's why she told me to drink water before the appt). Anyways! Another dr passed through & I heard him say,"what is that patients blood pressure" Nurse: "actually, I didn't get a chance to take it..........I didn't hear what the reason was" Dr: well this patient is very sick & needs to be in L&D NOW! She should have been wheeled down there immediately! Find a white wheel chair, get her in it & take her there NOW!"

Uhhhhhh, do I REALLY want to be in the care of this staff????

Ok- so we went over my history, etc. he said that MTHFR has nothing to do with m/c's & it's a myth they can't get rid of. He said he doesn't understand why I'm on clomid since I can get pregnant but can't keep the pregnancy. Well, this is actually because I want to speed things along, unmedicated cycles = 1 year before my body says ok let's be pregnant. Medicated cycles = 6 months before my body says ok let's be pregnant. It's not hurting anything to take it, so I don't see why not. He says it increases your chance for twins or triplets & he doesn't want that because it's a high risk pregnancy- Uhhhhh, yeah & you're a high risk dr & I'm seeing you so why does it matter?

The other myth he was quick to jump on is the fact that I'm going to be 35 this year & 35+ has increase risk of issues. He said there is no "magic # like 35" that is a danger zone. If you've been tested for this stuff already & you don't have it, the chances of having a baby after 35 is not increased.

So, there is 1 test that he wants to do: Antithyroglobulin

He said that if the test is positive, we will start treatment right away- & I will need heparin while pregnant. My sister is in the nursing program right now & doesn't understand why heparin would help, as everything says treatment is steroids. I wonder if the steroids are not safe to take while pregnant & the heparin is used as a substitute?? IDK So, I am a little confused now, but whatever that's what he said. If the test is negative, I will have to retest in 12 weeks.

He said that women who have recurrent pregnancies will have a 60% chance of having a full term healthy pregnancy the next time they are pregnant. I guess he was trying to make me feel better & be on a positive note, but I'm sorry, I'm still skeptical.

Last edited by Addaboy; March 10th, 2011 at 11:38 AM.
March 10th, 2011, 07:49 AM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
You are in my thoughts today while you are at the doctor. I hope that the doctor is understanding and listens to you.

Thank you PrincessMom08 for my beautiful siggy!

March 10th, 2011, 08:10 AM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
*hugs* I hope this is your miracle doctor.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
March 10th, 2011, 09:48 AM
Halloween81's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good luck, I hope the doctor is great and you get the answers you are looking for. Can't wait to hear the update.
Chemical pregnancy - January 9, 2010
Miscarriage at 10 weeks - April 21, 2010
Miscarriage at 7 weeks - October 22, 2010
Miscarriage at 10 weeks - May 14, 2011
Miscarriage at 17 weeks - December 7, 2011 (My sweet little Joshua had Achondrogenesis type 2)
Miscarriage at 5 weeks - June 5, 2013

All test results normal. Reason for RPL unknown.

March 10th, 2011, 11:37 AM
Addaboy's Avatar Veteran
Updated!
March 10th, 2011, 01:14 PM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
*hugs* Jody!

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
March 10th, 2011, 02:45 PM
Halloween81's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad the appointment went okay; I did hope it would have gone better though. I thinks it's funny they gave you the same 60% statistic the doctor always gives me (I mentioned it in my "no TTC for me" post). I don't know why they think that statistic makes us feel better.

I don't know much about the test they're doing for you but I hope this doc helps you in this struggle we call TTC.
Chemical pregnancy - January 9, 2010
Miscarriage at 10 weeks - April 21, 2010
Miscarriage at 7 weeks - October 22, 2010
Miscarriage at 10 weeks - May 14, 2011
Miscarriage at 17 weeks - December 7, 2011 (My sweet little Joshua had Achondrogenesis type 2)
Miscarriage at 5 weeks - June 5, 2013

All test results normal. Reason for RPL unknown.

March 10th, 2011, 03:21 PM
Addaboy's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halloween81 View Post
I'm glad the appointment went okay; I did hope it would have gone better though. I thinks it's funny they gave you the same 60% statistic the doctor always gives me (I mentioned it in my "no TTC for me" post). I don't know why they think that statistic makes us feel better.

I don't know much about the test they're doing for you but I hope this doc helps you in this struggle we call TTC.
Yeah, he said "you have to look at the positive side of the 60%, it's better than a 50% chance"

I started to tear up & almost lost it, I think he could see I was about to let it go. I didn't but I was SO CLOSE.
March 10th, 2011, 08:46 PM
Super Mommy
To Addaboy,

My comment is this. As far as the MTHFR, my hemo told me the same thing. But what he also said, which was interesting, is that it is capable of changing your dna...example..our eggs. So the quality of our eggs could be effected as an affect of the MTHFR.
March 11th, 2011, 09:36 AM
Addaboy's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by PIP View Post
To Addaboy,

My comment is this. As far as the MTHFR, my hemo told me the same thing. But what he also said, which was interesting, is that it is capable of changing your dna...example..our eggs. So the quality of our eggs could be effected as an affect of the MTHFR.
Ah! OMG! Thank you for that info! I keep telling my sister that something has changed in my body & that's why I believe I have RPL. She keeps saying, well it's not your eggs because you have had those eggs before you were born & you obviously had 2 good eggs to get your girls.

Do you know a website that back this up so I can show her?

that dr yesterday said something about genes being in the wrong place- so this makes sense. He said it was treatable, but didn't say how.

Last edited by Addaboy; March 11th, 2011 at 09:42 AM.
March 11th, 2011, 10:18 AM
Super Mommy
i dont have a website, but I'll look. You do the same.

But how is it treatable? Let me know what you find out.

All I can think of is selecting the best eggs and doing IVF.

I'm going to talk to my Hemotologist about further testing and ask him about the likelyhood of this effecting our eggs. As soon as I do, I'll let you know Ok?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search