TTC After 2 Losses

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC after recurrent loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 30th, 2011, 09:58 PM
Veteran
I'm new to this. I just experienced my second loss in six months. I am SO thankful I came across this site a couple days ago. It's so encouraging to read all of your stories and know that I'm not alone in this experience. I have a great support network of friends and a great man but they don't understand what it's like--they can sympathize but not empathize. If I hear "maybe it wasn't meant to be" one more time, I'm gonna lose it!!

Brief history:
I am 27 and will be 28 a matter of months. My man and I have known each other for almost 8 years. We met in college. Last December, I stopped birth control--NTNP. I became pregnant in August but lost the pregnancy at 5 weeks. I felt like something wasn't right from the beginning. I was crampy the entire time.

After that, I started actively TTC, obsessing with the OPK. My man and I are currently long distance, as he is finishing his second degree so we are unable to BD during the "golden window" each cycle. We were able to BD during ovulation September (which was probably too soon, as I mc August 30th), November, January, and February. I got a BFP February but felt a decrease in my pregnancy symptoms at 5w4d. After exercising, I saw pink discharge but wit NO CRAMPING. I went to the dr the next day and she said that my cervix was still closed. She told me that although my HCG levels were lower than she'd like, she thought that perhaps I conceived later than I had initially thought. She prescribed progesterone, took more blood and said she'd call after the weekend. I lost the pregnancy that Friday. She called on Monday and said that my numbers weren't quite doubling and wanted to run more tests. I told her that I had already lost the pregnancy. Well, I bled for 2 1/2 weeks before scheduling an appointment to find out why I was still bleeding. By the time I got to the dr, I had been bleeding for 20 days. My cervix was still open and I had not passed all of the tissue. I was scheduled for a d&c the following day (which was last Friday). My man has been so understanding and supportive. I am so thankful for him.

The d&c dr said that he didn't see any anatomical abnormalities. They took blood for more testing and are testing the tissue recovered from the d&c. My follow up appointment is tomorrow and I'm nervous/excited to see what the problem is! I'm trying to stay positive. My bff of 18 years got pregnant 5 weeks before my 2nd pregnancy. We would have had our first babies within weeks of each other. I'm trying hard to keep my negativity away from her and am genuinely happy for her. It's hard not to be envious of others. I'll save this rank for a later post. So thankful for this message board! I'll update after my dr appt tomorrow.
March 31st, 2011, 05:19 AM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
*hugs* I'm so sorry for your losses but am glad you've found us. I'm Augie (will be 27 in June), wife to Chris (will be 30 in June), mom to four angels, three furbabies, and one scaly friend. I am also the co-host of this board. I'd like to invite you to check out our main board if you haven't already. We have several stickied thread that I hope you will find beneficial. If at any time you have a question or just need to vent/cry/scream/whatever please know that we're here for you. Also, you can PM me anytime if there is something you may not want on the main board but need to get out.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
March 31st, 2011, 06:10 AM
Platinum Supermommy

I am so very sorry for your losses, but as Augie said happy you found your way to us. I think it is great that your dr. is doing testing for you already. I hope your appointment goes well & please feel free to share anything you need to with us. I have found so much comfort from the ladies on these boards and hope you are able to as well.

Thank you Katie (.:Shortcake:.) for my beautiful siggy!!

March 31st, 2011, 09:45 AM
ambee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
First of all, I am so very sorry to hear of your losses. It's a devastating road to go down, but it helps that you have a good support network. I'm also glad you found your way to us, we have an awesomely supportive group of women here who have great insight.

I'm one of two Ambers on the board. I'm 27, married to Jonathan (28) and we struggled to bring our rainbow baby home for 4 years. We had an early loss, a 16 week loss, and another early loss in those 4 years. I was tested for everything under the sun and never got any clear cut answers, but with my 4th pregnancy was put on progesterone and baby aspirin as a precaution and in Jan 09 I brought home my miracle baby, Grace.

I'm interested to see how your doctor's appt goes! I would recommend you ask your doc about possibly getting on progesterone as soon as you find out you're pregnant next time, and possibly baby aspirin. I hope they have some answers for you, or at the very least a plan of action that you're comfortable with. Again, welcome, we're glad to have you.

*Thank you so much to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!*

Sophie Lucille: In my life for a moment, in my heart for a lifetime. May 25th, 2006 at 16 weeks.
March 31st, 2011, 07:02 PM
Halloween81's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry for your losses. I hope your appointment went well and you get some answers. I know how hard it can be to see your friends pregnant, especially right after a loss, take care of yourself first.

Last edited by Halloween81; April 1st, 2011 at 08:24 AM.
March 31st, 2011, 07:38 PM
Veteran
Thanks for the support! I seriously cried after I read all of your responses The Dr. appt was uneventful. She basically told me that they didn't recover enough tissue to test. She checked to see what my cervix looked like post d&c. She told me not to ttc for another 3 months.......I don't know about waiting that long. I will probably wait until May. I have progesterone from my last pregnancy-she prescribed it to try to save the pregnancy after my bleeding. By then it was too late. She then told me that she would see me again in 3 months. I was really disturbed by that. I asked her for the results from the other tests ran while I was in the hospital and she didn't have any. All in all, I was highly disappointed. She then stated that after the 3rd mc, they run a whole battery of tests. Why make someone suffer??? There's clearly something wrong. I asked her what she thought the problem was and she said she thought it was hormonal but I don't know what evidence she's going off of! I asked her to run more blood work and test my thyroid. She agreed to and said she would test for diabetes, as well. I'm not waiting three months to see her again. I'm thinking about asking to see her while I'm ovulating in my next cycle to test my progesterone levels. I need to be equipped with a list of specific questions but I don't even know what to ask!! I'll be hounding her again on Monday for my blood work results. Thanks for reading and responding. It feels so good to have people KNOW what this experience is like. I don't feel alone anymore
April 1st, 2011, 11:17 AM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
Good for you! I'm glad you were able to get her to do at least some of the testing! If it's hormonal, maybe you could get her to check your levels on CD3 in addition to your progesterone at 7dpo?

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
April 1st, 2011, 01:54 PM
Veteran
Thanks for that. I told my friends that I'm depending on you guys to guide me in what tests to request and questions to ask.
April 2nd, 2011, 04:03 PM
Veteran
Okay guys, I need your expertise. This afternoon, the dr called and told me that my thyroid looked fine and I didn't have diabetes, but she said my HCG levels were 256 and she wasn't sure why. She said that my body probably thought I was still pregnant. My symptoms had pretty much gone away but now my breasts are sore again. This also happens before my period, which would have been due about this time. I took a pregnancy test to see how dark it was, for my own reference. It is a definite positive, slightly fainter than the control line. I couldn't be pregnant because the last time we were together was a month ago and I just had a d&c last week. I've never had an ultrasound (unless they did it while I was under anesthesia before the d&c). The dr gave me a pregnancy test the day before the d&c and said that it was barely positive but what I saw on my test was a whole lot more than slightly positive. IDK what to think. Maybe it was twins?? BUT when I had my d&c, there wasn't even enough tissue to do testing on. HELP!! NO CLUE! I'm going back on Monday for more blood work.
April 2nd, 2011, 05:24 PM
Twoboysmaybemore's Avatar Veteran
First, I am so sorry for your losses. As far as your most recent question... This is my guess. Doctor's tests are not more sensitive than home tests. It is usually the other way around. HCG at 200+ would give you a strong positive on a home test. Make sure that they follow your numbers back to zero. Again, I am so sorry for your losses. I hope that you find some answers soon. (((hugs)))
---6 early losses---
Joey- 7/15/10

April 3rd, 2011, 12:18 PM
Veteran
Thanks for the info, Twoboysmaybermore. Congrats on your two blessings. I read your profile and wondered how long you took Welcome Womb. What vitamins did you take during your pregnancy? I'm willing to try ANYTHING!
April 3rd, 2011, 12:30 PM
Twoboysmaybemore's Avatar Veteran
Thank you!

I took the WW starting as soon as it arrived in the mail which was about 16 dpo (ordered it on 12 dpo and day of my BFP). I have some here that I plan on starting when I get a BFP this time around.

My doctor prescribed Folic Acid after my second loss and I continued to take that as well as a baby aspirin, and just a prenatal vitamin.

If you have any other questions I am an open book!
---6 early losses---
Joey- 7/15/10

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search