Phantom symptoms already

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC after recurrent loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 16th, 2006, 09:35 AM
candacesoon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think I'm going to start driving myself crazy this month! I'm constantly looking for any sign that could mean I'm prego. Here's my first bit of nuttiness for this cycle...

Normally, I do not have the best skin but while pregnant w/ Delaney, my skin was clearer. Well, this morning, my skin suddenly looks great!

Secondly, I had a sharp pain in my uterus yesterday night. Just one sharp pain. I have no idea what that means. Could be good...but more likely bad. Has anyone else experienced that around implantation time?

Thanks for putting up with my silliness!

Love,

August 16th, 2006, 09:55 AM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wish my skin would clear up when I get pg! Mine breaks out like a teenager's. Hopefully that's a good sign for you!

I honestly don't remember if I had implantation pain or not, but I know I've read of others who felt it. Not trying to get your hopes up, but you know your body better than anyone else so it sounds like it's possible.
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
August 16th, 2006, 10:01 AM
Don't worry...you can't really get my hopes up. I'm scared of the whole situation because I know that getting that BFP is just the first step in what can be such a painful journey. But I have to get to that first step to even begin. KWIM?

August 16th, 2006, 10:47 AM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yep, I know exactly what you mean. I've had a good u/s and still don't really believe this one's working. I guess I so expected to get bad news again that getting good news was a surprise. I may not truly believe it until we make it home after delivery. After building that wall to protect myself from more hurt, it's hard to start tearing it down.
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
August 16th, 2006, 11:35 AM
Kathyrn,
You are exactly right. If I got my bfp...my first paranoid thoughts would be...how will I lose this one? (Early---1st loss was at 6 wks, eptopic---2nd loss, or God forbid, late like loosing Delaney at 12 weeks.) It would be very hard for me to be positive but I just want this so badly so I'm forging ahead. Thanks for taking to time to write back today.

Love,

August 16th, 2006, 03:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I hope your phantom symptoms are real!

As far as the worrying, I know exactly what you mean. I found out I was pg on Sunday, and my first 48 hours were total panic. I felt way worse pg than not, although deep down I was happy.

Today was a lot better. I think I can only panic for so long before it passes and I calm down a little bit. Let's hope so, anyway.

Need Breastfeeding Support?

August 16th, 2006, 05:24 PM
lizard's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'll join you with the phantom symptoms. Today, I'm 7 DPO. I woke up in the middle of the night last night and I swear that my one nipple was killing me. Today, there is nothing. I guess I'm paranoid because this is the first cycle of TTC after my last m/c.

I am also looking for any sign that I could be prego. I check my boobs probably about 5 or 6 times a day to see if they are sore. If I feel anything a little different, it makes me wonder. The bad part about it is that I don't really have a good feeling about this month, about actually getting p/g.

I'm with you all with worrying also. IF I do get a BFP, I would wonder if a baby is even developing (since my last 2 p/g's were b/o's). It is very hard to be positive. With my last p/g, I was so terrified to even get my first u/s. When I went in I told them that I was worried that there was no baby, and they told me not to worry. Well, I was right, there was no baby on the u/s and I m/c 4 weeks later.

Quote:
Today was a lot better. I think I can only panic for so long before it passes and I calm down a little bit. Let's hope so, anyway.[/b]
I'm glad that you were able to calm down a little. We are all praying for you.

10/31/05 (EDD 5/15/06), 4/17/06 (EDD 11/13/06)
Chemical p/g 1/11/08

August 17th, 2006, 03:19 PM
Phantom syptom #3...I had heartburn really bad last night?

August 17th, 2006, 08:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Candace,
How soon are you to testing?

August 18th, 2006, 10:30 AM
I should be testing on Tuesday the 22nd but I doubt I'll hold out that long. Here's a snippet from my post on TTC after loss...

"This morning I laid in bed for 1/2 hour after I woke up...trying to talk myself out POAS! I really had to pee but I couldn't waste that FMU until I decided what to do! (Jeeze---how pathetic!). I only have one test right now and it's a digital so I don't want to waste it. I shouldn't be getting AF for 3 or 4 more days so POAS stick would have been stupid. I just wanted to do it so badly. So...I got control and did NOT POAS! I don't even feel pregnant. I've had a few phantom symptoms (heartburn. clearer skin, implantation pain?) but no sore bbs or naseau. Shoot, I don't even have PMS symptoms. I'm pretty sure I'm not pregnant but I still can't wait to POAS. I'm loosing it!"

So, as you can see, I've lost my mind this cycle. I hope I find it soon!

August 18th, 2006, 03:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
So, as you can see, I've lost my mind this cycle. I hope I find it soon![/b]
Maybe that's a pg symptom too?

I hope your testing goes well, when you get to it. I got a bfn first time I tested last week, so it ain't over till it's over!

August 19th, 2006, 10:28 AM
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
Quote:
So, as you can see, I've lost my mind this cycle. I hope I find it soon![/b]
Maybe that's a pg symptom too?

I hope your testing goes well, when you get to it. I got a bfn first time I tested last week, so it ain't over till it's over!
[/b][/quote]

Well...I did POAS this morning and of course, it was Blatantly Negative. I knew it would be. I just had to try. I didn't mind wasting the test because I did go and buy some dollar store ones.

Now I'll just wait until Tues. for AF...but next month I'm really going to dedicate myself to TTC. It's temping, charting, OPKing for me.

How many DPO were you when you got the neg. last week?

Love,

August 19th, 2006, 10:59 AM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Candace I wouldn't throw in the towel for this month yet - it's still early. I have had BFN's even 1 day late & had BFP the next day...so you never know.

Oh - & the FMU thing - I get funny like that too. I have even pee'd in a plastic disposable cup, put that press-n-seal wrap over it & ran out & bought a test - because I just couldn't stand it anymore & didn't want to waste FMU either. I don't think you could EVER make anyone here think you are nuts.

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

August 19th, 2006, 01:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
How many DPO were you when you got the neg. last week?[/b]
I really have no idea, because I wasn't keeping track and we weren't trying, just not preventing. I can tell you it was CD 29, and I got the bfp on CD 33. Good luck!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search