Broke my own TTC Rule

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC after recurrent loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 28th, 2006, 10:35 AM
EricaInOhio's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to EricaInOhio
DH and I decided this time we would listen to the Doc and give my body (and soul) a chance to heal. We were to wait 2 normal cycles, which would be 1 more month. Plus, that would give me some time to gets more experiments done here in the lab (and closer to graduating) before having 1st trimester symptoms or another m/c to deal with. The plan was to just chart (&OPK) this cycle, but not TTC. Problem is that until I graduate my husband and I live separate during the week because he is a professor 70 miles away and I stay with my MIL. It is hard to make a baby long distance so when I O'ed this weekend we couldn't pass up the chance. Now, I've given myself my own advice and asked, "Are you ready to face the possibility of another m/c?" And I'm not sure I am, but is anyone really ever ready to face it again? I realize it is a possibility and I hope it isn't the case, but I can't say I'm truly prepared to go through that again. I know I'm jumping way ahead of myself since the chances of conceiving in any given cycle are less then 25%, but I can't help asking if I've acted irresponsibly by not waiting.

Are you aware of the benefits of babywearing? Visit me at www.carrymemama.com to learn more. "BABIES, BORN TO BE WORN!"

Part time Micro prof., full-time breastfeeding, cloth diapering, babywearing WAHM of 2.
August 28th, 2006, 11:16 AM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think if you truly weren't ready, you'd have made DH cover up. It is scary getting back into ttc. I don't know that any of us who are now pg were truly ready to ttc, but overall we're handling it well. Not saying we haven't had some meltdowns or bumps in the road, but it's not as horrible or scary as we'd thought going in.

We'll all be here for you whether or not you won the O lottery this weekend.
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
August 28th, 2006, 01:55 PM
And the thought of BDing at my MIL's house......With her there of course!!!!! Not nearly as exciting as it would have been back in high school!!! I hope I don't have to find out what that's like next month!

Are you aware of the benefits of babywearing? Visit me at www.carrymemama.com to learn more. "BABIES, BORN TO BE WORN!"

Part time Micro prof., full-time breastfeeding, cloth diapering, babywearing WAHM of 2.
August 28th, 2006, 06:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I don't know that any of us who are now pg were truly ready to ttc[/b]
Absolutely not! But I think whatever happens, you'll be able to handle it. Even if you don't want to, and have absolute paralyzing fear, the world will keep turning and somehow, you will deal with it.

We also broke our own ttc rule after my first mc, and I felt a lot better. How are you feeling now? Like you still might have made a mistake, or okay with it?

Need Breastfeeding Support?

August 28th, 2006, 06:42 PM
Well, I've only had about 24 hours to deliberate on it, but I feel pretty good about the decision. Chances are I won't get a BFP and all this worrying will be for nothing. I just know if I was to get a BFP and then have another m/c I'd always wonder if it was bc we TTC too soon and I'd wonder if I would have been more prepared emotionally if I'd had another month. I guess I'm just worrying for no reason. I just o'ed today and I'm already worried about m/c. I think I missed a step in between there (LOL). I guess I just wanted to hear that it wasn't selfish and irresponsible to disregard my doctor's orders once again. In me defense, she said the last m/c had nothing to do with TTC right away after the first m/c and I did wait 1 normal cycle this time. Another semi-selfish thought that's going through my mind is that if it takes me having another m/c to get some answers as to what is going on then I'd rather get on with it and not just wait around and do nothing. I mean, I won't know if I'm capable of carrying another healthy pg until I try. I know I'm not gaurunteed to get answers on the third, but with my borderline test results and "only" 2 m/c the docs aren't taking those results seriously. On, the other hand I also feel selfish and irresponsible for creating a fetus that may not have a chance if there's something wrong with me. Ok do I sound completely crazy? Somebody bring me back to reality here.....

August 29th, 2006, 09:16 AM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I understand. I hate being in limbo, not knowing. Especially as an analytical person who's used to being able to find answers. I think you're the same way. If there's more to learn, then let's get going so we can identify it, fix it, and move on. If only it was really that easy.

Ultimately each of us has to make the decision that's best for us. I pray that your next pg will be successful, but if it's not then I pray that you are finally able to get the research and possibly answers that you need.
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
August 30th, 2006, 03:30 PM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Take a break sweetie - that's too much thinking for anyone. So what if you get pg...truth is - it won't matter in the end if it were this month or next. Dr's will always tell you to wait - most likely because they think you'll be easier to deal with as a patient. I personally think it's better to wait - just in case it is another loss & you have a little more time to process - but overall we each make our own choices & I am sure you made teh right choice for you. I also understand the idea of that if you are going to have another loss, now is as good a time as any & hopefully they will get you some answers faster. It does sound a little detached - but at some point we all are to some degree - it's called survival. We just want to try & find a way to fix this & get to a place where we can feel that we can have that baby to bring home. I am not hoping for answers for you right now so much as hoping for a H&H 9mos. So here's to hoping!

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

August 30th, 2006, 07:17 PM
Thanks Beck and everyone else for you encouragement and kind words!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search