I had my IUI!!!!!!!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC after recurrent loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 27th, 2007, 04:46 PM
Rina42308's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So we went in this morning. There is another DR on call, not mine but he was cool. I am usually a little weird with new men exploring the nether regions but I did it for the baby! LOL! So he does the scan and says I don't have any eggs on my right but I have 3 mature eggs on my left. He says this puts us at risk for multiples. A small chance but it's there. Then he does the insemination, it doesn't hurt one bit. it's done like in 2.5 seconds, and he says I should lay there for 10 min. I asked him what Dh's sperm count is and he says let me check. He comes back and says, "Ok well your count is 40 million so it's a excellent sample" I sat up and said (rather loudly) "40 MILLION?????????????, WHAT!!!" Dr looks at me like I lost my mind. DH says..."Oh well we're surprised to hear this because I had a sperm analysis done a year ago and only had a 3 million count" so the dr says" Well let me double checkand make sure I looked at the right chart" He leaves, comes back in with the chart and says "yup you're the 40 million guy" and shows us it in the chart. So I have to tell him all about DH's cancer, bone marrow transplant, and chemo and how he was told he was sterile for life at one time. Dr was shocked! He asked how long DH has been out since the cancer,DH says 5 years in May and the Dr says "Amazing! Well congratulations you guys" and shakes both our hands. I felt like crying. There is no medical explanation for this...it has to be God's work! This has helped renewed my faith that we will have a child someday...if it doesn't work this time, I will keep hope, why else would God have returned his fertility right???!!!

I am stoked! And Dh's self esteem must have shot up 50 points LOL!

Everything looks so good for it to happen with 3 eggs and 40 million sperm! I might just have a litter! LOL JK...I don't know why i wasn't getting pg before...but maybe, just maybe this will be it. We're going back in in the morning to have another IUI done. MY RE likes to do 2 back to back.

Thanks for listening and for all the prayers and support ladies! I love you ALL!!!
Love,

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead
January 27th, 2007, 05:41 PM
Super Mommy
wow that is amazing. i'm really praying that this month everything happens and everything falls into place just like it should. we're all here for you in your 2ww. you've got lots and lots of thoughts and prayers coming your way.
what happens now, obviously i know you have wait, but do you go for b/w on a certain day or anything?

~Tracy~

January 27th, 2007, 05:52 PM
Thank you Tracy!!! Well I have to get another IUI tomorrow morning...which is good because I just took another OPK and it's still positive so that means the eggs haven't relesaed yet and most likely will tomorrow! I'll ask tomorrow what's next because even I don't know LOL! I'll let you know when I find out!

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead
January 28th, 2007, 06:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh my gosh Norina, MULTIPLES!!!! GO SPERMIES!!!!!! Bet DH has a little extra skip in his step today
January 28th, 2007, 08:09 AM
*Firefly*'s Avatar Girlfriend and Blogger
That news just made my day. Norina mayb you didn't get pg before because your now gonig to have a litter .

But on a serious note that is fantastic news I am SO pleased for you it just seems like everything is going so well for you this cycle!!!

SO.... SWIM SPERMIES SWIM LIKE A VERY FAST SWIMMING THING!!! GO MAKE BABIES!!!

Lots of love
x
But I’ll be born without a mask
~ Babel, Mumford & Sons

January 28th, 2007, 10:15 AM
candacesoon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Norina...that is wonderful news and truly a miracle (about DH sperm count). So I say "Go spermies, GO! There's three lovely, attractive eggies up there...just waiting for you!"

Keep us updated!

Love,

January 28th, 2007, 12:41 PM
Astrid's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yippe for the spermies going up in count! I'm soon to follow Norina! I'm sure we won't be in the same DDC but I will hopefully be in the following one. I got all my meds yesterday, $700 worth! I hope it works this time around for us too!!!! Keep me updated & I will keep you updated too.

Much Love!
Astrid

January 28th, 2007, 02:53 PM
Thanks so much ladies!!! Yay Astrid-it sure adds up doesn't it?! With what we paid this weekend (they haven't run my insurance yet so I had to pay up front and they will reimburse me if it's covered and I think most of it is), we're about tapped out for the month! I hope you get your bfp 1st time around!!!

We went in for the 2nd IUI this morning...still looks like 3 eggs are kicking it up there. Dr thinks they'll drop this afternoon. Dh had another rocking sample! 30 million! This is so freaking amazing. if we don't get pg, I will be convinced I have another underlying issue.

2 ww here I am!

January 29th, 2007, 08:09 AM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
WOOHOO!! I was praying for you this weekend, Norina. I'm so excited for all the positive news! Now I'll be praying for a BFP. Keep us posted!!
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
January 29th, 2007, 10:30 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm soooo excited for you!
January 29th, 2007, 11:00 AM
Daniellea22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Daniellea22
Everything sounds awesome!! yay for all those swimmers!! and good luck astrid!!!!
January 29th, 2007, 12:08 PM
Thanks so much ladies! I'm a little nervous that for some strange reason my ovulation is stuck or something. I keep getting positive OPK's, my temp is not showing a thermal shift, and yesterday when i went in for the IUI the eggs were still sitting there, just kicking it and not released yet. I called the RE today, voiced my concerns to the nurse...who was AWESOME, and she talked to the RE for me. he offered me a u/s today AT NO CHARGE (wow!) just to put my mind at ease. I think I love him...LOL!

So I'll go in and see if the eggs are still there. If they are we may have to do another IUI and /or times intercourse. I'll let you know how the appt goes when I get back.

Love you girls!

January 29th, 2007, 12:11 PM
*Firefly*'s Avatar Girlfriend and Blogger
Wow thats great care!!!!
I hope it's all gonig to plan!!!!
Thinking of you x
But I’ll be born without a mask
~ Babel, Mumford & Sons

January 29th, 2007, 01:23 PM
Miranda and Maria's mommy's Avatar Not Mike's girl
Hey Norina...
you probably don't remember me but we were in the Sept 06 DDC for a bit...Just wanted you to know that I have been praying for you for some time...I really hope that you get your BFP!

If I'm not here, find me on that other website
January 29th, 2007, 03:22 PM
I do remember you!!! I just got tears in my eyes. Thank you for praying for me!!!! I can't tell you how much that helps me spirits!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search