Wanted to share an amazing experience I had...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC after recurrent loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 1st, 2007, 10:36 AM
Rina42308's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have to tell you all about my chiropractor! He's a saint!!! I know I've been a little MIA as of late, mostly depression related. LAst week I was so stressed out that I woke up Wed. morning and couldn't even turn my neck to the right, it hurst sooo bad. So I just pulled up a chiropractor on yahoo called and got an appt. Well i went in and I had to fill out the whole medical questionaire thing so obviously I told him about the m/c's and the infertiliy issues on there. When he read it he asked if I had heard of accupuncture for infertility. I told him I had and that I had an appt coming up with one. he shared with me he has friend's going through this same thing and she too is seeing an accupuncturist. he said "she's on this crazy diet that I never thought she could handle but she's doing it". I told him that "I would drive a stake through my eye if it meant I would get pregnant" so I could relate to doing a crazy diet, no problem. Well he adjusted my neck and in a matter of an hour I was feeling better. So I went back yesterday for a follow up. When he came in he asked how my neck was, I told him great. he says I responded well to treatment and then said "You know something you said last time resonated in me. You said you would drive a stake through your eye if it meant you'd get pregnant?" I laughed and said "yes I said that" so he goes on to say that like accupuncture there is some correlation to chiropractic services benefitting women trying to get pregnant. he says "I want you to know that I understand this is a very sensitive subject and I would never pull on your emotional strings to sell my services so what i would like to propose is that you come in 3 times a week and I will check out your neck but I anticipate that your neck will be fine in a tx or two...but what I would like to focus on is your lower back. because it's your lower back that is in relation to your reproductive system. I would like to do this for you free of charge. If I adjust your neck, you pay but if I don't I'll adjust your back and you don't pay"....I was like "wow" I couldn't say anything else I just sat there, with this dumb look on my face I'm sure. he says "I just got this feeling you've been through a tremendous struggle and I can't promise any results but it's worth a shot and I'd like to help" I told him it has been a struggle and I went on to explain that I have had 3 m/c's and am having difficulty understanding or being at peace with why God would give me something then take it away over and over...i told him I got a sense he was Christian from the pictures he had around his office. he says "I am". Then he says "why don't we pray before we get started?" I said "OK" very surprised. he sits next to me and says a beautiful prayer in it stating "I am reminded of the Apostle Paul when he cried out 3 times for you to remove the thorn from his side and when you said no, he realized your grace was enough. Please God, bring my patient this same peace and if it be your will grant her the little child she so desperately longs for". Now usually something like this might make me cry but I was so dumbfounded by this man's sincerity I just said Thank you....I was utterly speechless. he then examined my lower back and said indeed it was out of alignment. So he adjusted it. he said he'd like to see me back on Friday and he'll have a whole treatment plan mapped out for the fertiliy issue/lower back.

I shook his hand and told him it was a blessing just meeting him.

I am overwhelmed by how remarkable God works...I told Dh, that although He hasn't given us a child yet, He certainly has brought so many people into our lives to help us, the RE (not charging for ultrasounds, once he did a sonhystogram for free, and for my second surgery he came in on his day off to perform it so that I didn't have to pay my deductable twice), the accupuncturist (saying she'll bill for lower back pain rather then "fertility"), and now this chiropractor!!!

I have a renewed sense of hope. I just wanted to share in hopes that you all will see reminders in life that God is working for us and will fulfill the desires of our hearts!

Here's a link to an article that kind of sums up the relation between the two:
http://www.worldchiropracticalliance.org/m...rtility2004.htm

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead
March 1st, 2007, 11:14 AM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh I am so excited that you had such a good appointment & what a really great man. He sounds wonderful & you seem really at ease with him & I hope this helps you have yet another avenue of feeling like you are getting somewhere!
March 1st, 2007, 11:22 AM
Rina42308's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks Beck! What are you doing home so early?

Oh and just have to add one more side note on this topic, one of the articles I read says that even a "minor car accident" can throw your lower back out of alignment, thereby affecting your nervous system, therby affecting your fertility. Interesting thing is I only started having difficulty getting pg AFTER my car accident.

Coincidence...perhaps? Or maybe we are on to something???

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead
March 1st, 2007, 11:58 AM
candacesoon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Norina...that really brought tears to my eyes. What a beautiful post and what a wonderful blessing for you!

March 1st, 2007, 12:48 PM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
OK, that brought a much needed light into my really dark week! I'm so excited for you to be blessed this way. You'll LOVE the chiropractic adjustments. You can actually throw your alignment off just by sneezing or coughing too hard, so a minor car accident could DEFINITELY get you out of whack. I'm glad you've got so many different professionals doing everything they can (even going above and beyond) to help realize your dream. God is good!
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search