AF late but BFN

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC after recurrent loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 6th, 2007, 12:17 PM
EricaInOhio's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to EricaInOhio
This is such a pain in the butt. I was put on progesterone (100mg 2X per day, which is a lot) starting from ovulation. The perinatologist seems to think low progesterone caused my 2nd loss. So I started testing at around 10DPO (because the suppositories are expensive and I don't want to use them if I'm not pg) and now it is 13DP and still BFN. I had spotting yesterday. I was hoping it was implantation bleeding, but if it was I think I should have gotten a positive test this morning. Spotting is gone now.....will test again in the AM if AF doesn't show. My luteal phase is usually 11-12 days so it may just be that the progesterone is making me more normal. Do you think it is safe to stop using it? If I keep using it will AF ever come? I got OPK+ on CD14 and assume I o'ed on CD15, but I guess it could have been on DC16, which would only put me at 12 DPO, but either way if I was pg I should have a BFP by now shouldn't I? And if I'm not AF should come by tomorrow...... I guess I'll use one more suppository tonight, test in the AM and then stop the progesterone and wait for AF. Does that sound like a good plan? I'm so confused.

Are you aware of the benefits of babywearing? Visit me at www.carrymemama.com to learn more. "BABIES, BORN TO BE WORN!"

Part time Micro prof., full-time breastfeeding, cloth diapering, babywearing WAHM of 2.
March 6th, 2007, 01:06 PM
Sorry for the rambling above. I should have done my homework before posting. I have found that the normal tx for luteal phase defect is progesterone from o to 14DPO. So I'll stop after tonight unless I get a BFP in the AM.....unlikely.

Are you aware of the benefits of babywearing? Visit me at www.carrymemama.com to learn more. "BABIES, BORN TO BE WORN!"

Part time Micro prof., full-time breastfeeding, cloth diapering, babywearing WAHM of 2.
March 7th, 2007, 09:55 AM
StephLS's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Sorry for the rambling above. I should have done my homework before posting. I have found that the normal tx for luteal phase defect is progesterone from o to 14DPO. So I'll stop after tonight unless I get a BFP in the AM.....unlikely.[/b]

Sounds like you have a good plan. I've been on progesterone for my luteal phase which tends to be as short as 9 days. I found that AF does not tend to show on its own while I'm on it. Once I quit using it, AF usually shows within about 2 days. I know this can vary in that some people do have af show up through the progesterone use. The last cycle I was on I gave it a day or 2 longer before I stopped the prometrium just in case ovulation happened to be later than I thought.

Married to Eric since June 25, 2005
mom to
3 Angel babies and Ryan and Rachel
Ryan born 6-18-08
Rachel born 3-20-10
Baby boy due on 2-24-14

Everything Good comes on time - we just don't know when that time is.
March 8th, 2007, 10:01 AM
Thanks for letting me know. BFN agian so I've stopped the progesterone and just waiting for AF. I hope she shows tomorrow. I'm ready to start a new cycle. It was dumb of me not to realize it would take a couple days after stopping. After all that's the whole concept of birth control pills.

Thanks again!

March 8th, 2007, 08:03 PM
Rina42308's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You're not dumb Erica, the same thing happened to me the first time I used progesterone too. No one told me it would delay AF...and it gave me major pg symptoms too (nausea, sore breasts) so I was doubly mad and felt so betrayed when I got that darn BFN. I am sorry this month didn't work out for you. I hope Af comes quickly so you can move on to starting a new cycle and getting one step closer to having that baby you deserve!!!!!

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead
March 12th, 2007, 06:09 AM
Quote:
You're not dumb Erica, the same thing happened to me the first time I used progesterone too. No one told me it would delay AF...and it gave me major pg symptoms too (nausea, sore breasts) so I was doubly mad and felt so betrayed when I got that darn BFN. I am sorry this month didn't work out for you. I hope Af comes quickly so you can move on to starting a new cycle and getting one step closer to having that baby you deserve!!!!![/b]

Just glad AF is here so I can move on to the next cycle.

March 15th, 2007, 10:15 AM
StephLS's Avatar Super Mommy
Glad to hear that af showed so you could start a new cycle! I agree with Norina, you're not dumb.. Everyone's body is different, so it varies as to when af shows up in relation to taking/stopping the progesterone.

Best of luck on this next cycle!

Married to Eric since June 25, 2005
mom to
3 Angel babies and Ryan and Rachel
Ryan born 6-18-08
Rachel born 3-20-10
Baby boy due on 2-24-14

Everything Good comes on time - we just don't know when that time is.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search