Metformin question

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC after recurrent loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 11th, 2008, 07:02 PM
Since none of my lab results after m/c #2 showed anything abnormal, my OB wants me to start taking Metformin to regulate my cycles. After my D&C last June, my cycles have been about 50 days long, instead of the typical 28-30. I'll also start taking a baby aspirin at night, per his orders. Anyone have Metformin experiences or side effects they want to share? I've heard it can make you sick or gassy... ugh =(

So, I picked up the prescription today... here it goes!
January 12th, 2008, 07:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I never took metformin when I was TTC but I have been taking baby aspirin for a couple of years now. Have you asked the TTC with Medical Assistance board? I bet they could give you lots of help with the meds question. Good luck!

visit my blog Rhondas random thoughts
January 14th, 2008, 10:27 AM
StephLS's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Since none of my lab results after m/c #2 showed anything abnormal, my OB wants me to start taking Metformin to regulate my cycles. After my D&C last June, my cycles have been about 50 days long, instead of the typical 28-30. I'll also start taking a baby aspirin at night, per his orders. Anyone have Metformin experiences or side effects they want to share? I've heard it can make you sick or gassy... ugh =(

So, I picked up the prescription today... here it goes![/b]

I started metformin back in February of last year. I took it until my OB took me off of it during my 2nd trimester in mid December. My internal medicine doc put me on it, starting me at 500mg then upped it to 1000 after 2 weeks. I started seeing an RE in September, who bumped me up to 2000, but put me on the extended release kind. When I first started it and each time I got bumped up my stomach was a bit upset. And whenever I would eat too much "crap," it definitely would not agree with me. I started following an insulin resistance sort of diet and it seemed to work well.

How much is your doctor starting you off on? If it does bother you, you might see if you can get the extended release kind.

Married to Eric since June 25, 2005
mom to
3 Angel babies and Ryan and Rachel
Ryan born 6-18-08
Rachel born 3-20-10
Baby boy due on 2-24-14

Everything Good comes on time - we just don't know when that time is.
January 15th, 2008, 05:29 PM
I'm taking 500 mg of Metformin once a day. I've been taking it after dinner, and it hasn't seemed to upset my stomach. Yea! =)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search