How are you going to stay pregnant once you get there?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC after recurrent loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 7th, 2008, 04:06 PM
I'm new here and I've just had my fourth miscarriage. I was on asprin, prenatals, and projesterone with the last two-- but not because I have had any sort of diagnosis. All my tests have been coming back clean. I've been researching and compiling all of the causes and treatments-- but I'd like to hear your individual stories. Have you been given any possible diagnosis? Which tests have you done? If you have had previous children, what do you attribute the success to? Mostly luck?

Thanks girls!
M/C Feb 07
M/C Aug 07
M/C Oct 07
M/C Feb 08

Pregnant now, due March 3, hopefully!
March 7th, 2008, 09:48 PM
Super Mommy
what testing have you had done? are your dr's planning on testing for anything else?

i have factor V( clotting disorder), and my progesterone was slightly low on cd21, so for my last pregnancy, i started with clomid, baby aspirin and prenatals...but still m/c at 5 weeks. once we would have a h/b i would have to switch to lovenox.

i have 2 living children, 10 and 8....i don't know how i have them and m/c 6 times in the last 3.5 years.

most of my losses have very different reasons for happening, so i think my RE is kinda just guessing and hoping that one of them sticks....i go back tuesday to re-evaluate everything and see if she wants to add anything. truthfully, i don't think the clotting disorder has much to do with any of my losses, for most of them i had already been taking aspirin or lovenox from the beginning.

beside b/w, i have had a chromosomal analysis done( so did dh)-both came back fine. HSG, that came back fine.

i hope your dr's will continue testing and that you get an answer.

~Tracy~

March 8th, 2008, 04:05 PM
HippyMomOf4's Avatar Hippy Mom Extraordinaire
Send a message via AIM to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via MSN to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via Yahoo to HippyMomOf4
I had a lot of blood test done, i can't remember the names right off hand but my dr ran every test they do for recurrent loss. Everything with my and DH came back normal as well. We are going to try progestrone for the next pregnancy and see if that helps. I never had the HSG done but if i'm not pregnant by april i will go in and have it done. I have two living children and 3 angels. I don't think anything is wrong with me and i don't think they were just luck either. I was on depo and it messed up my hormones so thats pretty much what i think it is.

March 11th, 2008, 12:29 PM
Regular
I have 2 children, toddlers, and now TTC again have just suffered my 3rd loss. WHY??? The only possible diagnosis I have heard so far is low progesterone. I will have to go in for a bloodtest post ovulation prior to TTC again to confirm/rule out this possibility.

My pregnancy track record is like this..... Blighted Ovum in 2000, Full Term Pregnancy in 2004, Pre-term Delivery in 2005, Early miscarriage in Oct 07, Early Miscarriage in Jan 08, and Ectopic Pregnancy in Feb 08.

I don't know how much more I can take, in light of the most recent events..... But a diagnosis will be necessary I believe before I will be comfortable enough to move on and back into TTC.

I am so sorry for your losses.

Currently on a TTC Break due to 3 lost pregnancies. Planning to get back in the game in Aug 2008 after a (hopefully) great summer break with the family.
March 14th, 2008, 08:57 PM
I have a 3 year old, with whom we had no difficulty conceiving and he was born full-time. Over a year ago, we started TTC, and I had a m/c at 12/13 weeks w/ a D&C, and then my cycles went crazy. Like 45-52 days long... I became pregnant again in November, but it ended in another m/c the week before Christmas. Yuck. My OB did all the tests on my that he does on anyone who has 3+ miscarriages, and everything came back normal. He said I'm "too normal."

Right now I'm taking 1000mg Metformin, prenatals, and one baby aspirin daily... My first cycle after the m/c in Dec. was 33 days long, so I was hopeful. Now, I'm on day 40 of my 2nd cycle... frustrated that my body seems so messed up and wondering why it was sooo easy to get pregnant w/ my 3 yr old.

Good luck to you!
April 18th, 2008, 08:55 PM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm doing testing as soon as I get my insurance. I'm hoping it's just progesterone. I did a baby asprin, pelvic rest, and partial bedrest for my last pregnancy.

I had 2 losses this year, both at under 5 weeks. Feb and march.
and one loss december 06- 9w4d

July 2nd, 2008, 10:32 PM
Bakin8th's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have had 5 losses last 2 at 17w ,18months apart and been thro ALL the testing relateing to to why I would have perfectly healthy babies die in 2nd tri.

Everything came back neg. Both dh and I are in excellant health and genetics are all normal

I plan to just pray.. Thats all I can do. Its the most powerful medicine I have in my medicine cabinit.

Ttcing #9 After TWO 2nd trimester loss's and FIVE 1st trimester loss's. Missing our 8 ANGEL'S

IUI W/CLOMID/TRIGGER FEB 12/13 09!

Kyle (absent) Chelsea, Miki, Hanna, Johna, Sari, Jessiah and Isaiah.

THE LORD GIVES AND TAKES AWAY MY HEART WILL CHOOSE TO SAY BLESSED BE HIS WONDERFUL NAME!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Our 8 Greatly missed Angels
12W, 6W, 6W, 9W 1 twin, 5W
17W twins (sex unkown) and "Elijah"
17W "Angel"
July 22nd, 2008, 01:54 AM
Mommy4x4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mommy4x4
Yeah, no idea. My history is full term preg Oct 02, m/c 6w April 2004, m/c 5w July 2004, m/c 11w w/twins Nov 2004, full term preg May 2006, full trm preg Aug 2007, m/c 4-5w Feb 2008, m/c 4-5w May 2008.

I've had every test ran imaginable, short of DNA/genetic testing. We keep hitting road blocks, doctors don't know why ...

I'm with a PP, I am just praying at this point.

My family is going an entire YEAR in 2011 without fast food. Join us on our journey at our blog or on the Facebook fan page for The 365-Day Challenge!!!

July 22nd, 2008, 04:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My first response to this was "I have no clue". Dr's do not have a reason why I keep m/c. We do have one DD, but wonder if she is just a miracle.

DH and I are starting down the TTC idea again. I believe that we may try one more time and then be done. Not sure how much more that we can handle emotionally.

My journey has been like this: m/c 11w5w March 2005, m/c 8w January 2006, full-term pg December 2006 (this was not without it's own problems, but Sydnee is healthy and that is what matters), m/c 9w February 2008.

Stella Rae - May 22, 2009, 7lb 3oz, 20in and 4 weeks early!!!

July 22nd, 2008, 09:53 AM
ShannonMVT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know I'm a bit different since I'm an honorary member here and have had one loss.

I guess I need to talk to my RE about it because my plan with my OB was to take progesterone suppositories as soon as I get a BFP. Just in case. My progesterone was low last time.

Other than that, just pray it was a one time thing. I did have a few of the clotting tests done at work and those came back normal.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search