If you don't mind me asking......

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC after recurrent loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 11th, 2008, 11:20 AM
Regular
I only joined the site today and just introduced myself in the "Newbie" forum.

My DH and I have been TTC for 6-8 months now. I suffered 2 "run of the mill" early miscarriages, in October and January. Then in February found out I was pregnant again, only to have all the showings of another m/c. It dragged on for almost a month, and I just had a D&C and Laproscopy last week, only to find my pregnancy did not miscarry but was in my left tube.

Doctors have told me to wait 3 months before TTC again. But I don't know if I will be ready. How do you determine if you will be or are when the time comes?
My longing for another child is still here 100%... I still desire to see a growing preggo belly, and to feel everything that comes along with it. BUT I AM SCARED TO DEATH.

I do have 2 beautiful toddlers. I know I have already been blessed significantly. Everyone keeps telling us to stop with TTC, that we "have a girl and a boy.... the American Dream family"..... Hearing that just makes me sick. I want more children. 2 more if I can get my way. So I guess the comments will just have to be ignored?

How did you know you were ready to try again? Or is anyone in my same shoes and scared to think about it?

Currently on a TTC Break due to 3 lost pregnancies. Planning to get back in the game in Aug 2008 after a (hopefully) great summer break with the family.
March 11th, 2008, 02:51 PM
Super Mommy
i'm sorry for your losses and that you had to find us here.
i just read your other post about the low progesterone, and i am pretty much in your shoes. i have 2 children a boy(10) and a girl(8). we have been trying for 3+ years to have one more...i have all the testing done that they can think of doing with all of it coming back normal except for my progesterone, which was only slightly low. and still having a m/c even when taking clomid, which did raise my progesterone level significantly.
i wish i could answer your question about being ready, i just want a baby so badly that pretty much as soon as i get the green light i'm ready to start ttc again. but as much as i want that BFP, i am scared of having to deal with another loss.

~Tracy~

March 12th, 2008, 11:11 AM
Regular
I know exactly what you mean. TTC is all I can think of anymore, especially that I am currently stuck at that RED light. And even though I know how badly I want it, like you, I just don't know if I could deal with another loss.

Here's what was so hard for me. My son, who's 2, was born extremely premature. 3 months to be exact. So I knew that my next pregnancy would already carry a 14-32% chance of probelms. I finally got to the point where I could handle that, and then all these miscarriages are happening.
My DH thinks that since I just got "cleaned out" (with the surgeries) that we should try again on our own, with a nice relaxed approach. He doesn't want me to have to have the doctors in the middle of it all, running tests and what not. He said it just isn't natural. Well DUH! LOL. But I just think the tests would be better ran and at least I'd know BEFORE getting pregnant again just what I may or may not be dealing with.

I just know that this last one, the ectopic, really threw me into an emotional downspin...... And I don't know if I could handle that again. It's so scary.

Currently on a TTC Break due to 3 lost pregnancies. Planning to get back in the game in Aug 2008 after a (hopefully) great summer break with the family.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search