Update on me

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnant after recurrent loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 18th, 2010, 01:37 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
I'm now 17w6d pregnant, and am waiting impatiently for my 'big' u/s, on January 29th - I'm hoping that baby will be nice, and show us the goods! I have felt from the start it's a girl, and I hope I'm right (but of course a boy would be awesome!).

Last week was a bit of an anxious one for me... I ended up having a seizure in my sleep on Sunday night, I have been off my meds & seizure free for ages, but apparently that means nothing. I had to go to my GP to discuss going back on meds, and he tried to find the h/b but couldn't.. so I had to go up to the hospital, for them to try and find it... Luckily they found it (eventually), and it was at 145bpm.... Gave me a huge scare though. I am now back on my epilepsy medication, and high dose folic acid... there is a small risk of it causing abnormalities, but because I'm out of the 1st trimester, the doctor thinks I'll be okay. I'm now going to be seen by the high risk ob team at the hospital, and have my first appointment on February 4th... I'm a little nervous!

Other than that everything is good - I had a m/w appt on Wedneday & she found the h/b relatively quickly, and it was between 155-162bpm, Gaby's was never that high! (well after the first trimester)... my BP/urine/fundal height were all perfect, so it was a nice change from the stress of Monday!

I've got a little belly going on, I'm surprised I've started showing so early, but i guess it's to be expected with #2+. Next m/w appt is in about 3 weeks time, and my u/s is in 10 days... so I'll update after all that

January 18th, 2010, 02:11 PM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
Early? With Gwen I showed at 9 weeks!

Sorry you had a seizure! Hope all goes well with your appt, keep us posted.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
January 18th, 2010, 02:43 PM
~*Kixs*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I started showing earlier with Scott too...about 15 weeks. Our 1st born are nice enough to stretch everything out for their sibiling

Glad the baby is growing well. How is Miss Gaby handling the pg? Clingy yet?

January 18th, 2010, 08:16 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
Augie - I guess I consider it early, considering how overweight I am, and the fact i wasn't showing until 26w with Gaby.

Gaby is soooooooooooo excited about the baby! She hasn't become clingy at all, although she is very cuddly - but she usually is anyway! she always rubs my belly & gives it a kiss & says "hello baby", which is uber cute! lol

January 19th, 2010, 09:09 AM
~*Kixs*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
She is going to be such a good big sister!!! How sweet that she loves her new little sib so much

Kaylie was 3 when I had Scott and she was such a big helper! It is a nice age difference. The oldest can do somethings for themselves already. But they are close enough together that they can still be playmates.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search