She's here! Lauren Alexis

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnant after recurrent loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 25th, 2010, 06:34 PM
mellochick's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mellochick
Hi ladies!

So, my birth story is pretty uncomplicated, but my journey isn't so I'll recap before we get to the good stuff . DH and I have been TTC for 5 years. We had 6 losses over that time period, and we really didn't get any theories as to why until loss #3. I tested positive for anticardiolipin levels (ACA) which is a blood clotting disorder that can cause recurrent miscarriages. I also had some rather large fibroids. The next two losses were treated with blood thinners to address the ACA levels. Last loss was an ectopic as a result of our first round of IVF. Before I did another round of IVF, I had to address the fibroid issue to make sure we ruled out all known causes. So, I had fibroid surgery in 12/08 to remove them (Myomectomy). Because of that I knew I would have to get a c-section when i conceived. Waited 3 months after myomectomy and did one last round of IVF when I got my BFP.

Well, fast forward 8 months. My due date was 3/11 or 3/7 depending on who you asked, but as of early last week I had a scheduled c-section date of 2/25. I had been having high blood pressure readings for the last month or so, but never spiked super high. I also didn’t have protein in my urine until about 2 weeks ago. Did one 24 hour urine test, results were all negative including bloodwork. So after that, I thought I was in the clear until 2/25. The doc had me repeat the urine test and other labs last weekend, and I got a call from him on Monday saying that they didn’t want to wait to do my c-section and moved it up a week to 2/18!!! So, we arrived at the hospital a little late, about 10 after 6 when we were supposed to be there at 6 am. Got assigned a room and some really good nurses put in my IV and hooked me up to the baby monitor. Then, apparently there was some nurse shortage and I got the one from hell assigned to me. GW Hospital is a teaching hospital, so often there are residents and medical students around helping. One resident came in to ask me questions and the nurse from hell also arrived. She asked how far I was along and when I told her, she proceeded to tell me she may have to send me home (? WTH kind of authority does she have?!) because I was too early and they were short staffed?!?!? Of course I hit the roof and my blood pressure went sky high. She hadn’t looked at my chart. She hadn’t spoken to my doctor. She didn’t ask me why I was there in the first place. Like I would walk in off the street and decide…”Hmm, seems like a nice day to have a baby! Lets stop here!” My OB was stuck in traffic but finally the ob on duty called him and got the details. After that it was smooth sailing. Because of the lack of staff I had to wait around a bit but they wheeled me back to the OR around 9:45 to insert the epidural and begin! I was freaking out a little. The epi was not as bad as I thought it would be. Once it took effect and they got the screen up DH came in. I don’t remember much about the section except for asking a lot of questions like “what are they doing now?” and Is she out yet?? LOL. When they finally did get her out I heard her cry, they brought her over for me to see. I watched them clean her and they handed her to DH. She was just beautiful. I think I cried…my only regret is that I wasn’t more lucid during the delivery. I mean I had the epidural so I was awake but it made me sleepy. 5 lbs 6 oz, 18 inches of perfection. Scored 9.9 apgars. At that point DH went to the nursery with them while they cleaned her up, gave her eyedrops and ran some additional tests.

The recovery room was a blur. I don’t remember much other than making some woozy phone calls and being really sore. The baby roomed with me during the day and was brought to me at night for feedings. Because she was so little they wanted to supplement her with formula. I really regret agreeing to that, because I am having major problems now getting her off of it and onto the breast, along with supply issues (milk still hasn’t come in yet…that will be another thread). But in general, those are minor obstacles compared to what we went through to get her here. And she’s here and I am still in awe with it all. Introducing Lauren Alexis Mitchell.

My prayers for a healthy baby to hold in my arms were answered on
February 18, 2010. God is GOOD! Mommy to 6 angel babies.
Nicole

Last edited by mellochick; February 26th, 2010 at 12:53 PM.
February 25th, 2010, 06:53 PM
Treysmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
She is beautiful!!!!!! Congrats girl!!!!!!
February 25th, 2010, 11:03 PM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
OMG is she gorgeous girl! WOOOOHOOOOOOO for you! It makes me cry. Imagine this, after all this time you & I are due on the same day (03/07) and then BOTH have our babes early on the same day (2/18) - what are the odds of that???

If there is anything I can do to help offer support with the BF let me know. I would be thrilled to give you my number. You can get her off the supplements - really you can & if you need a shoulder and/or cheerleader with that process I am here whenever you want! Just PM me & let me know.

I truly am so happy for you girl. You have had more than your fair share of losses & then the hard work you went through to just get pg with her & to carry her - you ought to be so impressed with yourself, your strength, your perseverance & I hope you are enjoying every FREAKING minute of this now - you deserve to! God Bless you lady - you have been an inspiration to me & I could be happier for you & Dh!!!

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

February 25th, 2010, 11:41 PM
docsmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to docsmomma
Oh, she is SO precious! Like beckie said You CAN get her off the supplements, though i have little advice to offer in that area.
February 26th, 2010, 07:00 AM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
Congrats! She is gorgeous! I highly recommend leaning on Beckie. I know she'll be an awesome support for you!

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
March 1st, 2010, 09:59 AM
~*Kixs*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
She is just beautiful!!! Congratulations on a safe delievery and a healthy daughter!

March 6th, 2010, 06:51 AM
Super Mommy
Yay! Congrats Nicole! I've been away from the boards for a few weeks and what beautiful news to come back to! I have tears in my eyes! So happy for you! Good luck with BF! The first two weeks are really tough but it gets much easier after that.

TTC 3/07
m/c - 7/29/07 (5w4d)
m/c - 10/8/07 (6w4d)
m/c - 2/27/08 (11w5d)
m/c - 6/20/08 (7w2d)
9/08 - IVF w/ PGD: Cycle cancelled, not enough mature follies
10/08 - IVF w/ PGD: Cycle cancelled, ovulated on my own
12/08 - IVF w/ PGD: BFP!
Owen Royce...born August 28, 2009

1/10 IVF w/ PGD: 1 egg fertilized, so no PGD
1/30/10 Transferred in one embryo
2/13/10 - BFP!