Here we go again.....

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnant after recurrent loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 11th, 2010, 08:19 PM
austinmommy3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So we are pregnant for the 10th time. I already want to punch every single person at work in the face. They all know about my losses and still have the nerve to say " Yay you are almost 14 weeks, aren't you relieved??" Um no, since my losses occurred at various times all the way to my due date, no there is no "whew I am out of the woods," I know better. I am not trying to sound bitter, but I have learned not to get excited, not to get my hopes up, just to be freaked out. Of course there is another girl at work pregnant, due right along with me, and complaining about everything. I vomit my brains out daily, go to the dr every two weeks, get poked, prodded, and have amnios coming up, and take care of my two children, BUT you won't here one complaint out of me. Sorry, guess I needed to vent in the one place where everyone "gets" it.
July 12th, 2010, 06:40 AM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
*hugs* I'm sorry your coworkers are being crappy. I wish I had advice for you. No one knew about any of my pregnancies until I miscarried. I hope they all get a clue and shut up soon!

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
July 12th, 2010, 06:05 PM
Thanks Augie, you would think they would get a clue from the amount of time I spend at the dr. office and labs!! They have all had easy pregnancies and now just complain about lack of sleep or their older children, it just is really sad how they don't value their precious gifts at all!

I am better today, not so ******! I can only take so much.

I have been keeping you in my thoughts daily also.
July 14th, 2010, 06:34 AM
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
Thank you.

Personally, as far as them complaining to you, I'd tell them how it makes you feel. (Though doing so lost me a best friend. She was constantly complaining about her dd and even went as far as telling her toddler that she had ruined her life!)

Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
July 14th, 2010, 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augie View Post
Thank you.

Personally, as far as them complaining to you, I'd tell them how it makes you feel. (Though doing so lost me a best friend. She was constantly complaining about her dd and even went as far as telling her toddler that she had ruined her life!)
I did today...finally. Oh that is so awful, telling your child that they ruined your life!!! Unfortunately I deal with parents like that all day long, which can be hard with the struggles of trying to bring a healthy baby in to the world. A lot of them had children because they thought they should, not necessarily because they genuinely wanted them. It saddens me, but I adore all 157 children, know them all by name and take them time everyday to stop in their classrooms. They never fail to brighten the day!
July 15th, 2010, 06:34 AM
Yea, after a few fights with her over it, the friendship is gone. I hate it, I miss her, but I can't stand hearing her talk like that. The last time was right about the time I was losing Jillian, so I was more emotional and it showed.

July 17th, 2010, 05:11 PM
That is such a shame. Your friend has such a special gift she takes for granted.

So I went to my Dr. appt., yesterday. It took the nurse 10 min to find the heartbeat with the doppler, I couldn't help myself and started bawling while she was trying to find it. She immediately got my Dr., and once they found it they also did an ultrasound so I could see the baby moving around. I am only a little bit past 13 weeks and emotionally exhausted. I wish every Dr. visit didn't dredge up all the nervousness, fear, and anticipation of bad news. I just want to burst into tears every time I walk in the office. Sorry, needed to get that out.
July 19th, 2010, 03:48 PM
*hugs* Glad everything was OK!

July 19th, 2010, 06:12 PM
Thanks Augie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search