"Just Relax and Enjoy..."

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnant after recurrent loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 4th, 2010, 03:47 PM
Soleil's Avatar Happy & Blessed
Hello Girls,

I will be 16 weeks on Monday. After the bleeding and bedrest scare, which thank GOD resolved itself, I am so filled with worry and anxiety about this pregnancy. My OB told me that I needed to "relax, enjoy and take it down a notch" with the worry.

After losing two other babies, it's extremely easier said than done.

I do not get to hear baby's HB again until 9-13 and will not feel movement likely for a few more weeks. I have no way to know or tell or be assured that the baby inside of me is growing strong and growing well.

How am I supposed to join the other wonderful ladies in my DDC and talk about baby clothes and nursery set up when all I do is examine every piece of toilet paper and analyze every twinge in my abdomen???

Thanks for listening. I just don't know how to relax. I have 3 days off from work due to US Holiday (Labor Day) and am just worried sick. It also doesn't help that I am off my antidepressant of choice (Effexor) and taking a low dose of the OB approved Prozac, which isn't doing it for me as well.

Thank you again.
Many thanks to Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for my beautiful siggy.
September 4th, 2010, 09:23 PM
austinmommy3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am glad your bleeding stopped. That tends to be my pattern off on throughout my pregnancies. It is scary and it stinks! It is hard to relax and enjoy being pregnant when you know the pain of having angels. Maybe you could get one of those dopplers at the store, be able to hear a heartbeat. I am very fortunate to have an OB that unfortunately has been through RPL and she has me in every two weeks, just for reassurance checks. Hang in there, I know it's hard.

September 5th, 2010, 02:30 AM
Lex&angels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I understand your fears... waiting and trying to relax is next to impossible.
Can you buy a doppler? I don't know if that would increase your anxiety (I'm not sure how well they work) or if it would help to hear a heartbeat daily.

If not, you can only choose to believe that everything is fine unless your body shows otherwise, in which case you should anyway go see a Dr immediately.

September 5th, 2010, 01:24 PM
ambee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
In all honesty, from my past experience, you may never really feel safe and secure in your pregnancy. It's totally normal when you're pregnant after losses, and unfortunately stress is not one of those things you can just turn off.

The best advice I can give you is to try and take it one day at a time. I also suggest a Doppler. You can rent really good ones from most hospitals and I think that will do wonders for you.

Best of luck! And keep on venting!

*Thank you so much to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!*

Sophie Lucille: In my life for a moment, in my heart for a lifetime. May 25th, 2006 at 16 weeks.
September 6th, 2010, 10:00 AM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
*hugs8 Thinking of you!

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
September 6th, 2010, 12:54 PM
Soleil's Avatar Happy & Blessed
You ladies are the best!
Many thanks to Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for my beautiful siggy.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search