Caylynne's Journal 10-21-09 Angelversary

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Loss Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 1st, 2009, 04:55 PM
MeggysMommy's Avatar 3 + 1
Wow that really is a date that I will never forget. I should have been 7wks and 1 day then, but my little bean became our guardian angel. It is all so unreal sometimes to look back on those awesome 3 wks of pregnancy. I had found out I was pregnant 10-02-09, DH and I had sorta started TTC it was more of an if it happens it happens. We would officially start trying in Dec/Jan for our baby. Beginning of Oct a friend of mine said I should just test because she knew I was pregnant. After I found out she told me it was because I already had that glow Well Friday morning I walked to the store and bought a test and came home. Well after 2 minutes those 2 pink lines crossed and I knew what I had always wanted ever since I was a little girl had finally come true. I was pregnant! I ran in to DH who was still asleep at this time and showed him. He was kind of like holy crap it happened quick. That day I went with him to work and he was just off in his own world. At the beginning of the day I told him lets wait until I get a confirmation from the doc before we say anything. I could tell DH was unsure of how everything was going to work out, how our lives were going to change. So I decided why not just tell everyone now, they would be thrilled. I told his dad first and he was way excited. Knowing that people wouldn't think we were crazy for starting our family now. Then my dad showed up I told him, called all of my family members, text some others haha. Then it was Monday and I needed to make an appt with the Doctor. I was scheduled Wednesday and because DH had to work my best friend went with me. Well what a waste of a docs appt I waited for an hour and a half for them to just give me a referral. So by this point I had already signed up for WIC because its a good thing to do Next morning I called an actual midwife and made my appt for the following Wednesday. So DH and I go to the appt and up until this point and right after I was doing great no complications. By the midwife's online calc I was measuring at 6wks and 1 day. I got a lot of blood work taken to make sure I didn't have diabetes, to check my blood type, and other required testing. They then made me a follow-up appt for 1 wk and I was to have an u/s down to confirm my due date of June 8th. Oh and they did not do any sort of pregnancy test when I went to my first appt. Well I went on about the next few days and we are to Tuesday the day before my appt. I woke up to take my brother to school, he had been staying with us while my dad was out of town. I went to the bathroom and noticed a little bit of brown discharge. Didn't think much about it, but decided not to go to my classes that way and just rest. Well about 12:30pm it had turned to brownish/red discharge. I immediately called the advice nurse and she made me an appt for 2pm that day. I go in and see an on-call midwife because mine doesn't work Mon or Tues. She did an exam and showed that the bleeding was coming from my uterus. She said it wasn't necessarily a bad thing since I was not cramping or bleeding really heavily. She took a quant blood test to check my numbers and sent me to the hospital for an u/s. Well I got down to the hospital and when they did my u/s they dated me at 5 wks and 3 days so a wk and a half behind what I should have been. The tech also said they didn't see a fetal pole or yolk sac, but that it might have been just too early. Well I just left thinking ok maybe I am just farther behind and everything is fine. So I left that night and went home. The midwife called me back and said my numbers were at 5000 and something which was good for a 5 and half wk pg but not 7wks. So she just told me to continue with my appt the next day and see where we were at. Well Wednesday before my appt I started to bleed a bit more but still no cramping. She did a Pap smear on me and gave me a note for bed rest from work for the rest of the week. About 7 that night I went to the bathroom and noticed a few very small blood clots. I had DH take me right away to the ER and on the way was the worst pain I had ever felt in my life. When we got to the ER of course its flu season and it was packed full of Flu Ridden people and I had to wait an 1 hr to be seen the whole time just bleeding away. I filled 2 pads in just over 3 hours. We got back there and DH had already been really sick so he was grumpy because they sure did take their sweet time trying to help me. Finally at 1am I got sent for an u/s and my greatest fear was realized there was nothing there anymore. Just 24hrs before there was a sac and now nothing. I got back to the room and the doc came in and I immediately said I know whats going on. I lost the baby and I just broke down crying. He and the nurse left for a bit so I could mourn and gain my composure again. A little while later he came back in and asked if I would still be comfortable with him doing an exam just in case there was more. I'm pretty sure I said no but they still ended up doing it. So a few days later I went to get my levels checked to make sure they were going down. They were but I still must go one more time this week hopefully it being the last and they are below 5.

November 1st, 2009, 07:29 PM
MeggysMommy's Avatar 3 + 1
Dear Bean,
After I wrote all about my experience with you I had a rollercoaster of a day. I love you and will think about you everyday forever <3

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search