My story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Loss Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 28th, 2011, 10:30 PM
Mommy to Be
I thought I'd post on here and do not know how to delete from the regular forum so I apologize for double posting

Hi all, sadly I'd like to introduce myself to this forum and share my story with you all.
My name is Vanessa, I am 23 and I found out I was pregnant with my first child on march 12th of this year, it was very exciting, and very desired. My boyfriend at the time (now my fiancé) just purchased our home in january and are ready to start our family... I spent weeks in and out of the doctors office some weeks I was there 3 times a week just for bloodwork becausey hcg wasrising but not doubling so they wanted to keep an eye on it then they thought I was tubal so I had an eay sonogram in which they found an empty gestational sac and a cyst on my right ovary. after this and speaking to my doctor and him knowing it was desireable he wanted to give it the best possible chance so for 4 weeks I'd go every Tuesday to get my hcg and my u/s and he was willing to do this until my hcg didn't rise anymore which I prayed it kept rising. My last u/s and bloodwork was on Tuesday, he called me wednesday at work with bad news my hcg went down about 1,000 and I had them check them again yesterday and in a day they dropped another 1,000 ... =\ according to my LMP I would have been 10w4d today but based on the gestational sac I was 6w6d it wasn't growing properly and nothing but the sac was ever visible in the u/s so my doctor who my fiancé and I have developed a good relationship with diagnosed me with a miscarriage and schedule me in today for a d&c he was very compassionate and sympathetic with both my fiancé and I. I have a follow up in 2 weeks.

No on could have prepared me for The emptiness I feel , I'm blessed to have th support of my loving fiancé & family as well as a trusted and compassionate doctor, and im blessed to have had the support of the November 2011 DDC through this complicated pregnancy.

I had the procedure today around 2pm , i have some cramping and pain when I move around and because I couldn't Eat all morning I have been so hungry and thirsty all day, I just pray for a quick recovery and a healthy pregnancy in the near future. My fiancé had girardia when younger so my doctor is going to check us both and make sure everything is very good so we will not have to go through this experience again and we will get the best possible chance for a healthy baby
September 20th, 2012, 10:37 PM
Mommy to Be
I just realized this was never updated, a week after my D&C procedure I began to bleed heavily and the on call doctor told me it was normal and hen it got too overwhelming I went to the emergency room and he then tried to send me home after doing and ultrasound and bloodwork, they admitted me to the hospital to keep an eye on my white blood cells
And I am very happy I chose to stay regardless of what the on call doctor said because once my doctor got in he looked at my u/s pics and I still had tissue left in my uterus where my egg had attached and I was having contractions to try to push it ou of my body ... Worst pain of my life ... and now it's been over a year since I've been cleared to try again and it still is hard every single month when I get my period ... It feels like I'm losing it all over again ...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search