My acne regimen

Forum: Natural Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 17th, 2010, 09:57 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
Just thought I would share this. It's worked for me, so I hope there are others out there that this will help too!

I have the most CONFUSING skin ever. It's dry and oily all in the same spots. Usually I suffer from the worst oil and dry spots on my forehead, nose and chin.

A few months ago, I stopped using my expensive Dermalogica and Clinique products, which weren't really helping all that much, and I switched to Aubrey Organics(sea buckthorn) and pure jojoba oil. I had to admit, the products felt a bit heavy, and I was sure I'd break out from them, but they have actually cleared up my moderate acne quite well.

The Jojoba seems to be the trick though. I mix in a tiny bit with my moisturizer and it keeps my skin moisturized and my pores unclogged!

When I feel like I need a little exfoliating, I mix a little bit of honey with sugar and massage my face with it. It makes my skin SO soft-- and no extra chemicals!

I hope this helps some of those out there who are have trouble with their skin but not finding any of the expensive products are working. Sometimes simpler is better

Proud mama to Audrina (10-10-2011) & Bryden (09-19-2014)

Last edited by Urchin; November 17th, 2010 at 10:10 AM.
November 25th, 2010, 01:59 PM
Kalia20's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I might have to try the honey and sugar thing. Im now using Tea Tree Oil soap from the health food store, and not noticing much of a difference

November 27th, 2010, 06:49 AM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
The TTO did great for my face, however my lips are allergic to everything so the tiniest amount my lips will swell! LOL!

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

November 27th, 2010, 12:18 PM
greenchild's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've had more success with honey than anything else!
November 30th, 2010, 03:32 PM
Isnt really sticky and a pain in the ***? Im tempted to try it but cant get over the thought of the mess

December 1st, 2010, 03:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalia20 View Post
Isnt really sticky and a pain in the ***? Im tempted to try it but cant get over the thought of the mess
What I usually do is pre-mix it in a small dish or container (you don't need much) and bring it into the shower with me once a week. I massage it on to my face in there and then rinse it off in the shower. That way I don't have to worry about getting it on the sink or all over the place.

December 9th, 2010, 03:09 PM
cool, I'll that when I have a shower later, just bought some new honey last week.

December 10th, 2010, 02:43 PM
I tried it, it wasnt messy at all I'll do that on a regular basis now, I really liked it. I used all the extra all over too, really nice scrub, thx

December 10th, 2010, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalia20 View Post
I tried it, it wasnt messy at all I'll do that on a regular basis now, I really liked it. I used all the extra all over too, really nice scrub, thx
Yay! I'm glad you like it as much as me

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search