New here and Need help!

Forum: Natural Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 5th, 2010, 08:57 PM
mama25's Avatar Veteran
Hi Ladies! I'm coming over from the February dd club, and I have some questions.
My DH and, I have four kids and one on the way. All four of our kids have been diagnosed with Reactive Airway Disease/Asthma. The oldest rarely has symptoms anymore, but the other three (ages 7,4, and 19 months) have issues quite often.

We very often have respiratory infections, coughs, colds,etc. I know we have made it worse in times past by going the whole "Dr.'s office-antibiotic" route. I'm pretty sure they have no immune system left!

I love love love probiotics and try to get it into my kiddos any way I can. I also know that vit. C is very good for fighting infection and inflamation. So, I do those two supplements often. They also take DHA.(just not as often as they should)

Can anyone give me any more help as to how we can get off these asthma meds. and get our immune system back? Thanks for any help you can give!
December 6th, 2010, 08:33 AM
greenchild's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I highly recommend looking into Dr. Christopher's mucusless diet you can read about Dr. Christopher here: Herbal Legacy of Courage this is his history, but there are links in there and a search option too
December 6th, 2010, 09:43 PM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
^ I swear you know everything Anne....

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

December 6th, 2010, 11:26 PM
horseradishmayo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
do you go to a chiropractor? getting adjustments regularly can really work wonders on people with asthma and other respiratory issues.
my daughter is very prone to upper respiratory infections and she takes elderberry extract once a day when healthy and 2 or 3 x a day if she gets sick....it really helps lessen the severity and duration of her colds.
Elderberry-Syrup | Effective Cold and Flu Remedy

Check out my etsy shop!
Crunchy Couture
use code JMMOMMY for free shipping in the US
December 7th, 2010, 03:41 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Welcome to the Natural Health board!

Have you heard of the Alexander Technique? I have asthma and it's something I used to improve it many years ago. My asthma is partially stress-related and from what I recall that's what the Alexander Technique is for.
The Complete Guide to the Alexander Technique

I believe cutting out dairy helps, which is a mucusy-food as mentioned by Anne. Drinking hot lemon and ginger tea really helps with throat, sinus or chest infections and I have heard many times that garlic is nature's antibiotic and can be a good thing to include in your diet when sick with those sorts of illnesses.

December 7th, 2010, 11:51 AM
greenchild's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
hmmm . . . I have got to check that out Sharron!! I have not heard of the Alexander Technique but was recently introduced to the Anat Baniel Method via the Special Needs board and they look like they are both about the body's movements

(reading) ooh, this is considered the grandfather of later methods, including the Feldenkrais method, which is supposed to be very similar to Anat Baniel . . .

Funny thing is this info is FREE on the web but the Anat Baniel info costs quite a bit.

Last edited by greenchild; December 7th, 2010 at 11:54 AM.
December 8th, 2010, 05:18 PM
NiKA's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would also make sure they are all drinking lots of water. Water and breathing go together more than you may think.

Also have you checked your house for mold? May sound like a weird question but that might be affecting it as well.

You can also try liquid oxygen supplements (only need a drop or 2 in a glass of water) something made with sodium chlorite basically it breaks into oxygen & salt in water but the oxygen can be useful if breathing problems are already present. (you get oxygen from water too! many people don't realize that)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search