Baking Soda for a UTI, and intro :)

Forum: Natural Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 22nd, 2011, 02:59 PM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hello ladies, I hope you don't mind me jumping in here. But I just found an awesome UTI cure and feel like I need to share it with someone lol. By the way, I'm Meagan (22), wife to Dusty (23 tomorrow), and mama three year old Addisen. I have always been very interested in the more natural approach to medicine and try to use it first whenever possible. I look forward to reading all the info that is on here

So I have been battling frequent UTI's ever since I could remember. I think I had one literally my entire pregnancy with Dd (talk about painful), and I have no clue why I never thought to find a natural cure before today. I am not a huge fan of antibiotics unless they are absolutely necessary so I usually found myself suffering through them. Well a few days ago when I found the normal symptoms starting to creep up again I just figured it would be gone in a day or two, but I woke up today (about 3 days later) and it was still going strong. So I decided to look up online and see what there was I could do about this.

I found a nice and easy little remedy in baking soda. Someone posted on another forum (babycenter) that their midwife recommends this process.

Drink 2 cups of water mixed with 1 tsp baking soda.

30 minutes later drink 1 cup of water plain.

30 minutes later drink 1 cup of water with 1/2 tsp baking soda.

30 minutes later drink 1 cup of water with 1/2 tsp baking soda.

That's it. I literally felt 100% better after I drank the first 'plain' cup of water and haven't felt any symptoms since.

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

August 22nd, 2011, 03:44 PM
Bella Nyxe's Avatar Serenity in Moonlight
iv heard of this method. it is rumored to work well. i hope it continues to work for you.

do you drink soda? a lot of soda or sugar can make a uti. also do you eat yogurts or take probiotics? they help with the healthy bactaria when you do have to take antibiotics. they may help with the uti's too. i cant remember.
im bella btw nice to meet you. i thinkiv seen you in another forum too. i just cant remeber which one :hmmm:

♥ღ ☽O☾ ღ♥
☽¸.☆
´ ¸.☆´ ☆
¸☆´
´¯☆. ¸. ☆ ☆~☆ ☽☆. ¸.

August 22nd, 2011, 09:16 PM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
Yes, baking soda is wonderful! If you have frequent UTIs I would highly recommend Kombucha (there is a a thread about it). It's an amazing probiotic.

Also, I would not drink that much water in one sitting. Here is why... when there is liquid in the bladder, the bacteria has something to feed off of. You want your bladder empty, but you want to have the good stuff pushed through it to kill the bacteria and clean it out.

LEMONS! Drink lemon juice WITH baking soda. Gulp as much as you can in one sitting. Wait until you have to pee (it's a UTI come on now... but it will lessen ) and completely empty your bladder so there isn't anything there for the bacteria to feed on. After you've gone potty, gulp as much lemon water with baking soda as you can and wait to go potty again. This will cleanse you out, and keep the feeding ground empty so the bacteria do not multiply.

Also, I would recommend inserting 1 garlic clove (peeled) vaginally at night. It'll come out the next day... or the next... It has AMAZING antibacterial properties.

Also, I recommend staying AWAY from douches or soaps on your vagina. You do not need to clean with soaps, they have so many chemicals in them and it irritates the vagina! Your body runs with soap in showers anyway and water is fine. I recommend "blotting" the vaginal area every few days or so with a wash rag that has Witch Hazel on it. This is what's on Tucks pads. It's a natural astringent.

Some more recommendations:
Shavegrass
Also known as Horsetail. Nutritious, helps the body absobrb calcium, may help to strengthen bones, hair and nails. Control excess oil on the skin. Diuretic, helps to relieve urinary disorders. May help blood to clot, reduce fevers, and calm nervous tension.

Niaouli (Oil) - urinary infections, heals burns, antiseptic for broken blisters, sore throat, respiratory problems, aches, acne, bronchitis, dull skin, flu, whooping cough.

garlic capsules orally
1/2 tsp. of baking soda in 8oz glass of water
Vit c
Echinacea
Citrus fruit
Grapeseed Extract (GSE)
Blueberries - promote urinary tract health

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

August 23rd, 2011, 07:24 AM
Bella Nyxe's Avatar Serenity in Moonlight
great info jackie!

why arent you working in a natural health foods store???

♥ღ ☽O☾ ღ♥
☽¸.☆
´ ¸.☆´ ☆
¸☆´
´¯☆. ¸. ☆ ☆~☆ ☽☆. ¸.

August 23rd, 2011, 09:25 AM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
I rather work for myself

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

August 23rd, 2011, 01:10 PM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for the info! Some of that stuff I already do (no soap down there, garlic capsules orally) but I will try the rest for sure! After I posted this yesterday I felt fine the rest of the day but just now I am starting to feel a little discomfort again. I guess I'll try the lemon juice/baking soda this time.

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search