Gluten & Dairy

Forum: Natural Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 11th, 2011, 05:16 PM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
Is gluten and dairy in and of itself bad for humans, or is it the past century that has bastardized the process of making these/using these items naturally without all the processing? Are our bodies allergic to the "real" stuff or is it the "fake" stuff? How many have dairy allergies yet can drink raw milk?...

This has been on my mind lately and something I'll be researching fairly soon. For a long time humans have used dairy and grains. Although, we used it the normal way, we didn't process and bleach and flood chemicals in cows/goats and then process THAT and use antibiotics etc....

I feel (again, am going to research this haven't fully yet) that the allergies of today are caused by the products of today.

What do you think? I'd love your input! ♥

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

September 12th, 2011, 04:05 PM
greenchild's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My thinking on it is that it's not good for us . . . it all has short term benefits (it satifisies hunger, it tastes good, and certainly does have some health benefits. . . most certainly the less processed, the better the nutrition we glean from it . . . but the long term effects - inflammatory foods, diabetes, IBS, heart disease, etc. etc. etc. . . . that makes it not worth it to me to eat it.

My personal feeling is that since we've been eating this way since birth, the "bad" effects are not noticed immediately, right after ingesting . . . so we think it's okay to eat it and blame our long term illnesses on other causes. And we think it's NORMAL to have these health issues as we get older.

Have you ever noticed what seems to be one of modern medicine's favorite terms? "idiopathic" (cause unknown).
September 12th, 2011, 06:08 PM
I didn't know that Anne about "idiopathic" but it certainly doesn't surprise me! The most common saying I know of (which I guess would be the non medical way they say it) is:

"Dr. do you know what causes this?"
"Well, it could be a number of factors, but lets try this first...(and see if we get lucky)"

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

March 5th, 2012, 11:01 AM
Bella Nyxe's Avatar Serenity in Moonlight
ugh! i cant tell you how many times the dr has said those words to patients at the hospital and turn right around and say "idiopathic" at the nurses station. with that being said they have also said things like "if their diet was better" or "if they exercised" or "if they wouldent ___________ " at the nurses station. and everything is a "lets try this and see....." its annoying as a monkey with bugs!

okay so, iv been very sick to my stomach a lot recently. even before the stomach bug. iv been really sensitive. iv always complained of my stomach aches and blah blah blah since in high school. it was normal to not feel great after eating, right. well iv noticed that i hurt after eating certain foods. iv cut out dairy except for cheese and i can not eat store bought bread (i get a yucky feeling just thinking about it uke: )

im goint to go completely dairy free and gluten free for a while to see if that may be the cause. i do know that meat, (fresh or steamed) veggies and fruits do NOT hurt me.

any suggestions for a newbie with lactose and gluten free foods? (im somewhat familiar with GF)

i just saw this post while hunting for another one so i thought id share.

♥ღ ☽O☾ ღ♥
☽.☆
.☆ ☆

☆. . ☆ ☆~☆ ☽☆. .

March 6th, 2012, 06:58 AM
Bella you should try raw milk, and use the raw milk to make cream/butter/cheese etc.. it's very easy.

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

March 6th, 2012, 10:52 AM
Bella Nyxe's Avatar Serenity in Moonlight
i havent looked into that very much but now that yuou mentioned i might have to see if there are any local farms that offer it. hmmmm

thanks for the suggestion

♥ღ ☽O☾ ღ♥
☽.☆
.☆ ☆

☆. . ☆ ☆~☆ ☽☆. .

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search