Himalayan Crystal Salt - Why it's better.

Forum: Natural Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By roving_gypsy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 12th, 2011, 08:23 AM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
Containing all of the 84 elements found in your body, the benefits of natural Himalayan Crystal Salt include:

Regulating the water content throughout your body.
Promoting a healthy pH balance in your cells, particularly your brain cells.
Promoting blood sugar health and helping to reduce the signs of aging.
Assisting in the generation of hydroelectric energy in cells in your body.
Absorption of food particles through your intestinal tract.
Supporting respiratory health.
Promoting sinus health.
Prevention of muscle cramps.
Promoting bone strength.
Regulating your sleep -- it naturally promotes sleep.
Supporting your libido.
Promoting vascular health.
In conjunction with water it is actually essential for the regulation of your blood pressure.

Himalayan Salt - Purest Salt with Amazing Health Benefits
Himalayan Crystal Salt and Stones

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

October 12th, 2011, 01:15 PM
greenchild's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Have to check that out, thanks!
October 12th, 2011, 02:03 PM
Tiki's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Neat Thanks I think I will make the switch I googled it and came across the wkipedia for salt and this caught my attention
"Refined salt, which is most widely used presently, is mainly sodium chloride. Food grade salt accounts for only a small part of salt production in industrialised countries (3% in Europe[19]) although worldwide, food uses account for 17.5% of salt production.[20] The majority is sold for industrial use. Salt has great commercial value because it is a necessary ingredient in many manufacturing processes. A few common examples include: the production of pulp and paper, setting dyes in textiles and fabrics, and the making of soaps and detergents.

The manufacture and use of salt is one of the oldest chemical industries.[21] Salt can be obtained by evaporation of sea water, usually in shallow basins warmed by sunlight;[22] salt so obformerly called bay salt, and is now often called sea salt or solar salt. Rock salt deposits are formed by the evaporation of ancient salt lakes,[23] and may be mined conventionally or through the injection of water. Injected water dissolves the salt, and the brine solution can be pumped to the surface where the salt is collected.

Jagged salt pinnacles at the Devil's Golf Course in Death Valley National Park, US
Close-up view of salt crystals at Devil's Golf CourseAfter the raw salt is obtained, it is refined to purify it and improve its storage and handling characteristics. Purification usually involves recrystallization. In recrystallization, a brine solution is treated with chemicals that precipitate most impurities (largely magnesium and calcium salts).[24] Multiple stages of evaporation are then used to collect pure sodium chloride crystals, which are kiln-dried.

Since the 1950s, it has been common practice in the United Kingdom to add a trace amount of sodium ferrocyanide to the brine; this acts as an anticaking agent by promoting irregular crystals.[25] The safety of sodium ferrocyanide as a food additive was found to be provisionally acceptable by the Committee on Toxicity in 1988.[26] Some anticaking agents used are tricalcium phosphate, calcium or magnesium carbonates, fatty acid salts (acid salts), magnesium oxide, silicon dioxide, calcium silicate, sodium aluminosilicate, and calcium aluminosilicate. Both the European Union and the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) permitted the use of aluminum in the latter two compounds.[27] The refined salt is then ready for packing and distribution."

The belief that there is only one truth and that oneself is in possession of it seems to me the
deepest root of all evil that is in the world.”
— German physicist Max Born
Like Bear Moon on Facebook

Last edited by Tiki; October 12th, 2011 at 02:14 PM.
October 12th, 2011, 02:34 PM
Ugh, gotta put chemicals in everything... lol

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

April 11th, 2012, 09:36 AM
Just bought some yesterday, at least it's better than regular table salt

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

May 11th, 2012, 06:57 PM
roving_gypsy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I use a Celtic sea salt and love it, I have himalayan salt, but I prefer my Celtic sea salt; I buy it bulk from a Natural food source. I don't know how long it has been since we've bought 'table' salt - iodized salt; I do know it's been long enough that I can tell the difference by taste.

I really want to go to the ocean and collect sea water to do solar salt. The last time we were out there we took a carboy and a few growlers to fill but the beach we went to had surf that was way to chaotic to fill anything.

Thanks for posting this, the info is really neat!
Earthy.Mama likes this.

Ask me about dōTERRA Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade Essential Oils!

Or click on the picture above to visit my Facebook page!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search