Juice Fasting (Day 3)

Forum: Natural Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By PiXeYstyx
  • 1 Post By .Michelle.
  • 1 Post By .Michelle.
  • 1 Post By roving_gypsy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 2nd, 2012, 07:01 AM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
So, yesterday I started my juice fasting, will be doing it for 10 days.

Yesterday was a LOT easier than the first time I did it last summer!

I did get a slight headache so I did drink about 1 cup of black coffee. Some say it's yay or nay while juicing, but I'm flexible

Weighed myself this morning, I've lost 4lbs so far. The first 6-7ish lbs you lose is just water/waste weight though so it's not significant until you get past that. But, it's still something!

Have energy, no headache this morning. I don't have the "zingy zing" energy yet, that doesn't come till about day 3 or 4 from what I remember.

Have to go shopping because I'm already out of cucumbers and kale! Good thing those are cheap

It's easy during the day because I'm working, but when I get home I'm like "OMG what do I do with myself?!" Last time I bought a trilogy of books so I would be lost to the world, so tonight I'm going to buy more books

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

Last edited by Earthy.Mama; February 3rd, 2012 at 05:58 AM.
February 2nd, 2012, 09:42 AM
PiXeYstyx's Avatar Veteran
I should try something like that after the baby comes. I need something. We really need to get into the habit of eating better. But with DD being a picky eater and only getting her to really eat Mac & Cheese, chicken nuggets and fries idk what else to do about her. Since we will be getting our juicer I know that will help allot, especially in the summer once we get our garden going and we'll have our own fresh stuff to juice.

February 2nd, 2012, 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiXeYstyx View Post
I should try something like that after the baby comes. I need something. We really need to get into the habit of eating better. But with DD being a picky eater and only getting her to really eat Mac & Cheese, chicken nuggets and fries idk what else to do about her. Since we will be getting our juicer I know that will help allot, especially in the summer once we get our garden going and we'll have our own fresh stuff to juice.
I have picky eaters too, well, at least my oldest is!

There is a book called Deceptively Delicious. I LOVE it, it's normal recipes but you puree veggies and hide them in the food and it's soooo good.

For example, you can make mac n cheese (homemade) but you add butternut squash puree to it.
The ckn nuggets, make your own. Cut up ckn breasts, roll in pureed broccoli and then your bread crumbs and fry em up.
Jicama or sweet potato fries are an option for fries.

There is this sloppy joe meal (I hate sloppy joes) and it has 7 different veggies in it and it's TO DIE FOR, it's soooooooooo good!

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

February 3rd, 2012, 05:57 AM
So, day 3. Still not the zingy zing energy (yet) but I am wide awake this morning. I didn't juice as much as I'd like to yesterday, I ran out of stuff, had to go shopping and then didn't feel like making a juice when I got home so just read and went to bed

I've lost 1lb since yesterday so that brings my loss to 5 total!

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

February 3rd, 2012, 08:21 AM
PiXeYstyx's Avatar Veteran
Ooo those ideas sound great to help. I hate how she used to eat anything you gave her now she won't even try anything new.
Earthy.Mama likes this.

February 3rd, 2012, 10:33 AM
The energy is starting to pick up!

I also noticed today that my stomach has dropped like it did on day 4 last time!! I wish I had a sewing measure thingy so I could track and post the inches lost

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

May 2nd, 2012, 03:45 PM
.Michelle.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi,
I am interesting in juicing. Do you have a website or recipe you are referring to? I don't know what to put in it.
Earthy.Mama likes this.

May 4th, 2012, 08:06 AM
Juice fasting for weight loss, healing, detoxification, cleansing and renewal.

Also, I recommend watching the documentary Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead It's on Netflix.

I didn't end up doing the full round on this last fast because I did it wrong again. The first time I had too much fruit in my juice fasting, the second time I only drank the "Mean Green" and that caused deficiencies and my mood was horrible!!

Drink green juices and moderate your fruit juices is the best personal advice I can give

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

May 4th, 2012, 05:02 PM
.Michelle.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thank you so much! <3 I will look at the website. I plan to buy a cheap juicer this weekend to get started. If I keep up with it then I will invest more money in a better one.
Earthy.Mama likes this.

May 4th, 2012, 06:54 PM
We bought this one at walmart:
Jack LaLanne JLPJB Power Juicer Juicing Machine on eBay!

Works great, I just hate cleaning juicers, but it's worth it

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

May 11th, 2012, 06:47 PM
roving_gypsy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was really unsure about juicing and over thought it, I started enjoying juicing when I just kind of started throwing stuff in.

You can put just about any fruit or veggie in juice, I love juicing. I've done the juice 'fasts' but I just prefer to replace meals here and there with juicing. There are plenty of times when meal time comes around and I am just not feeling hungry enough to eat a plate of food, so I do a juice instead. (I have an issue with not eating, so my doc. has told me I must remember to eat and get at minimum 1800 cals a day so I can start loosing weight...)

We do just about any greens except collard/mustard greens. I do lots of carrots, but not parsnips. My husband will do peppers here and there, but I don't like them and he likes celery too but not me. lol

The things I use the most are beats (yellow or red), sweet potatoes, apples, and carrots.

In the words of my mom, 'you can make anything taste good with more carrots' lol.

Just be careful with too many beats and sweet potatoes together, the juice can get super sweet.

Also I don't peel anything, I just cut it all up in the sizes needed and throw it in. The only things I will occasionally peel is citrus, but most of the time I just throw it in.

Ask me about dōTERRA Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade Essential Oils!

Or click on the picture above to visit my Facebook page!

May 14th, 2012, 07:07 PM
I never could get down the carrot juice! Or beets, but I think we did that wrong LOL!

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

May 14th, 2012, 10:05 PM
roving_gypsy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Juicing is only one of two ways I can consume beets (don't mind my spelling in the above post, it's my dyslexia coming out I swear I spelled it right each time darn it! ), the other way I can eat beets is baked with other root veggies.

Depending on the type of carrots, they can also make a juice super sweet! I know others who can't stand them in a juice.
Earthy.Mama likes this.

Ask me about dōTERRA Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade Essential Oils!

Or click on the picture above to visit my Facebook page!

November 22nd, 2012, 09:40 PM
We really need to get into the habit of eating better. But with DD being a picky eater and only getting her to really eat Mac & Cheese, chicken nuggets and fries idk.I wish I had a sewing measure thingy so I could track and post the inches lost
May 15th, 2013, 10:55 AM
Juice fasting is good for the weight loss purposes.
I have seen various cases where juice fasting really work to lose the weight. Juice fat helps to burn the fat and control the cholesterol level in a natural way which leads to an effective process of the weight loss.

Last edited by Hamlin; May 18th, 2013 at 09:56 AM.
May 15th, 2013, 10:56 AM
Juice fasting is good for the weight loss purposes.
I have seen various cases where juice fasting really worked to lose the weight.
Juices fasting burns the fat and controls the cholesterol level in a natural way which leads to an effective process of the natural weight loss.

Last edited by Hamlin; May 15th, 2013 at 10:58 AM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search