I need help

Forum: Natural Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By roving_gypsy
  • 1 Post By Earthy.Mama
  • 1 Post By Earthy.Mama
  • 1 Post By greenchild

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 16th, 2012, 08:53 AM
Veteran
2 of my 8 have Strep for the 5th time this year we always finish meds get new toothbrushes and I'm a clean freak so I disinfect reguarly. Whatelse can I do I need some home remedies fast.

May 16th, 2012, 09:07 AM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
I'm about to start cleaning, but I will come back and see what info I can find for you!!! ♥

Co-Host July 2014 DDC
..........Jackie..........

Awaiting our Team Green baby at home July 2014. . .

May 16th, 2012, 10:55 AM
roving_gypsy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would suggest finding a local honey and having the kids take it by the teaspoon full, They can take it a few times a day. Don't pull a pasteurized honey off the grocery store isle, try to find an unpasteurized raw honey from your local area.

Also try some fresh garlic , it's hard to get it down the kids, but if you can convince them to take a half clove of garlic that has been minced and immediately follow it with OJ it may help them get it down. You could even use the honey as the treat for taking the garlic!
ajstout likes this.

Ask me about dōTERRA Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade Essential Oils!

Or click on the picture above to visit my Facebook page!

May 16th, 2012, 11:07 AM
If you have a nutritional/health food store in your are see if they have any Grapefruit Seed Extract, you can squirt a few drops in a small cup of warm water and gargle, or sip.

Also if you can find an Echinacea tincture you could squirt that on the back of the throat regularly.

I understand these two are harder to find, but they can be bought on Amazon as well for the future.

May 16th, 2012, 11:56 AM
Treating Strep Throat Naturally
How to Treat Strep Throat Naturally

Hope these links help! Whenever I'm sick I drink echinacea tea, lots of lemon water, broth w/ cayenne pepper and TONS of garlic!

I love cooking garlic in the oven, with some salt and pepper and olive oil, it's delicious!!

I also drink green tea w/ honey, lemon juice and a slice of ginger
ajstout likes this.

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

May 16th, 2012, 12:29 PM
Veteran
OMG thank you soooooooo much I knew I should go natural to get rid of it but I"m new to this and didn't know where to turn. You ladies have been a huge help

May 16th, 2012, 03:55 PM
After all is said and done and they are better either through natural remedies or more meds I would suggest having the kids eat some live culture yogurt or probiotics of some kind to help get their tummies back on the right track after all the meds they've taken from the bouts of strep. Medications can really kill all the beneficial bacteria and enzymes in a tummy so you want to replace them.

Also I am a big advocate of using all my resources, I tend to start with an all natural approach and go from there; Modern medicine is not bad, it's just not the end all be all that some doctors make it out to be.

May 16th, 2012, 07:25 PM
I err on the side of caution with modern medicine. I really don't agree with it.

I suggest taking a look at diet as to what can be the root cause to keep this from occurring. The body will grab onto an infection if it's not healthy, but if you're healthy (and eating properly) the immune system is superb and will fight it off before you even notice it!
greenchild likes this.

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

May 16th, 2012, 08:56 PM
greenchild's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
yes, garlic, grapefruit seed extract (make sure you are getting GRAPEFRUIT seed, not GRAPEseed), and also on the raw honey, local if you can. Make sure the label says unheated, unfiltered. Some claim to be raw but DO heat it (not over 115F, which is why they can still claim raw) to strain it.

And ditto Jackie on the root cause. Hope you beat the strep soon!!
Earthy.Mama likes this.
May 17th, 2012, 06:30 AM
Veteran
thank you so much we eat a ton of local farmers market foods and I was beginning to think that when they go to friends they eat store bought produce and maybe it is the residue on the fruit. We are already big yogurt eaters and it does help. Do you think the store bought stuff might be doing it

May 17th, 2012, 06:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajstout View Post
thank you so much we eat a ton of local farmers market foods and I was beginning to think that when they go to friends they eat store bought produce and maybe it is the residue on the fruit. We are already big yogurt eaters and it does help. Do you think the store bought stuff might be doing it
I wouldn't think it's so much where the food is coming from as it's more of the type of foods. I know that when I'm congested I stay away from dairy b/c that makes it worse. Cut back on the dairy and see if that helps with the throat issues!

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search