Any Paleo or Primal peeps?

Forum: Natural Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Dhartanya
  • 2 Post By greenchild
  • 3 Post By Earthy.Mama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 10th, 2012, 11:15 AM
Dhartanya's Avatar Paleo Mommy-to-be
I'm off the wagon so to speak.
I try to eat Paleo, but will eat full fat Greek yogurt and sour cream.

Does your SO eat this way too? (mine is reluctant to give up pop and pasta and bread).

Im already getting disapproving looks for wanting to raise my child off grains.

I also have SLE and Dermatomyositis so removing grains has done wonders.
Lol though this past month has been pasta galore
Earthy.Mama likes this.

June 11th, 2012, 07:23 AM
greenchild's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Full paleo here!! My son's condition predisposes him to be lactose and gluten intolerant, and he is definitely sensitive to nightshades. I started paleo for him, since he was getting my milk and now, 2 yrs later you could not pay me to go back to the standard american diet! LOVE IT!!!!

DH . . . not so much. He eats paleo because it's on his plate at home, but he does not hesitate to go out and get whatever crap food he wants. always gives me the line of, but I don't have any issues with any foods . . . to which I always reply, but you've NEVER tried removing them from your diet, then reintroducing them to see what they actually do to you.
lhug_nar and Earthy.Mama like this.
June 12th, 2012, 11:17 AM
lhug_nar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to lhug_nar Send a message via MSN to lhug_nar Send a message via Yahoo to lhug_nar
We are 90% Paleo here! Anne turned us on to it and it's so easy. The kids and DH haven't cut grains out of their diets but I have and I feel 100% better than I ever have! <3 Paleo!
June 12th, 2012, 07:31 PM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
We've gone paleo, well, primal I should say. I'm recently noticing that dairy affects me as well but that's another huge step for me to take. LOL! We've been Paleo since April of this year full on, however when we went camping and on vacation things kinda went out the window! Lesson learned! LOL!!

And I must say, that since eating the grains and dairy, it has seriously affected my bones and the skin on my face! Going back to 100% paleo starting TOMORROW ♥
greenchild, lhug_nar and Dhartanya like this.

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search