What led you to natural health?

Forum: Natural Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 24th, 2006, 10:12 AM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
For me, it was how I was raised. When I was a kid my mom was much more likely to give us some sort of natural rememdy than take us to the doctor for most things. It's been natural to continue that in my own home. My husband thought we were kind of weird at first when we were dating, but now he is as much into natural stuff as I am.

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

July 24th, 2006, 12:02 PM
Frelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to Frelle Send a message via AIM to Frelle Send a message via Yahoo to Frelle
my midwife and our family doc have both introduced me to homeopathic remedies for minor illnesses, and my general interested in non toxic cleaners and soap and not vaxing and stuff have led me more and more in the direction of holistic.

Thank you BAM for my signature!!

July 24th, 2006, 12:05 PM
crunchymama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would have to say motherhood and pregnancy led me to a more natural approach. I stareted learning about natural childbirth and it took from there. Everything I read just made so much more sense than western medicine did.
July 24th, 2006, 01:48 PM
_Brandy_'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to _Brandy_
A mix, motherhood and pregnancy for sure.

I also have thyroid disease and I don't like treating it with synthetic hormones. I can totally feel great without Rx from a MD now, I regularily see a ND for everything and she is awesome.

July 24th, 2006, 10:10 PM
katra's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to katra
I was also raised in a very Western practicing family but always had instincts otherwise and would follow them the best that I could. When I was in high school I got a job at Wild Oats to try to learn more, then worked at a store called Dave's Health and Nutrition where I learned a ton, mostly about homeopathics. A couple of years later I went and studied Ayurveda at the same time I was studying to get my yoga teachers certificate. I keep trying to learn more, especially now that I have Kiandra to think about, but my instincts have never steered me wrong thus far...

July 25th, 2006, 12:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I love using natural health and conventional medicine together. My mom has usually been one to try all the natural remedies before trying a doctor. Our pediatrician always told my mom that whenever she brought one of the kids in for an appointment he knew it was an emergency or very serious since she NEVER brings them in. She trys everything natural first. I have just lived that way growing up and since I have had health issues in the past year or so that no conventional doctor found a solution to, just wanted to test me and bounce me around from doc to doc, I finally said NO MORE! And went all natural with my healing process. I cleansed and changed my diet and after trying to get pregnant for 9 months. The one month on my cleansing process was the month I got pregnant!! So something worked and my health has greatly improved and from the hormones of being pregnant I feel has bounced my body back into correct balance. YAY!

Mommy to 6 year old Emily and 3 year old Lindsey!

July 31st, 2006, 01:31 PM
dkmommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i am very new to the natural health part - i just feel like we throw a lot of money away on OTC medicines when a lot of times, we may have the things to help in our own houses.
August 1st, 2006, 12:40 AM
chlodoll
Sine having Isaiah I am becoming more interested! I am a beginner though. My Mom is pretty into it. Natural remedies, supplements, cleaning products etc. She is always telling me to clean everything with vinegar and to stop wasting my money on other cleaning products!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search