What remedies are you never without?

Forum: Natural Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 25th, 2006, 06:57 AM
katra's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to katra
I make sure that I always have peppermint, lavender, tea tree and eucalyptus essential oils around. I also keep myself stocked on ginger and garlic and make sure I have lemons around at all times. What natural health staples to you keep in your house?

July 25th, 2006, 07:07 AM
Oh, Rescue Remedy is the best! Have you tried it with Landon yet?
I attended a lecture on how to make flower essences. I'll go find my notes and come back and share how to do it.

July 25th, 2006, 08:21 AM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
Papaya, arnica, and rescue remedy

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

July 25th, 2006, 11:48 AM
crunchymama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What do you use the paypaya for?
I have some papaya enzymes leftover from when Iwas pregnant. I used them for heartburn.
July 25th, 2006, 12:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Garlic and I take acidophilus pills, so does DD and most of the time we have live cultured organic yogurt with all of the good bacteria stocked up. DD loves the one with a natural vanilla flavor. I also have colodial silver for ear infections. If you ever have an ear infection, put it in your ear for 15 min and seriously, it goes away in like 3 days. LOVE it!

Mommy to 6 year old Emily and 3 year old Lindsey!

July 25th, 2006, 01:40 PM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
Papaya is good for digestion any time. I inherited a very queasy stomach from my dad. Papaya is my friend (since I refuse to take Tums or Rolaids).

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

July 26th, 2006, 10:52 PM
NaynayPie's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to NaynayPie
Would any of you do a clueless girl a favor and explain what those remedies are for? I've heard of some of them, but don't know what they do.

Thanks!
~Nay
July 27th, 2006, 01:25 AM
Awaiting#3
Peppermint and lavender oils (fantastic on the temples for headaches), australian bush flower emergency essence, a homeopathic colic remedy, arnica and we are huge garlic eaters too. We also take potentiated bees pollen everyday from New Zealand called Nature Bee, it's amazing stuff. The kids take fish oil every morning with breakfast.

I also keep a lot of vitamins , accidophilus and echanachea on hand for illness and times of stress.
July 27th, 2006, 05:42 AM
I've heard of taking bee pollen for allergies. What do you use it for, Nina?

Acidophilus is good for keeping the intestinal flora healthy and in balance. It is good to prevent or treat yeast infections. Ginger is good for any ailments of the stomach (upset, cramping...). Peppermint and lavender are good for headaches, as Nina mentioned. Tea tree oil is good for so many things! I use it on wounds and rashes among other things. It can be used in the treatment of warts and is said to keep mosquitos at bay. Eucalyptus oil is good for opening up the airways if you have a cold or allergies. It is helpful with cough as well.

I think I probably missed some, but I'll let the other ladies come and explain more.

July 29th, 2006, 06:34 PM
~Jess~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Garlic, acidopholus, flaxseeds, colloidal silver, apple cider vinegar, lecithin, psillium (sp?), fish oils & just about every vitamin & mineral you can think of. Oh, and most importantly-BREASTMILK!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search