What do use for headaches?

Forum: Natural Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 25th, 2006, 08:50 PM
crunchymama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I get horrible ehadaces and can pop four a five tylenol at a time. I have been reading on how bad tylenol and such are for you and want t ostop doing this but defiantly can't just deal with the headaches. I know they are hormonol. I als ohave been experienceing the rebound headaches from using the tylenol.
July 26th, 2006, 06:42 AM
katra's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to katra
I use peppermint oil and it works every time. Just put a drop on both of your temples and one between your eyes (third eye). It will clear out your head and the coolness really feels good. You may want to close your eyes for a minute after because it can sting a little for a sec if you use a lot. Also make sure to stay very hydrated! Emergen-C is really good for extra electrolytes.

July 26th, 2006, 06:45 AM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
Lavender oil can help, too.

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

July 26th, 2006, 12:25 PM
katra's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to katra
Haha.. I got Josh hooked on them too. He likes to drink them at work since he physically exerts himself all day. We both start our day with one every morning. That stuff is the best!

July 29th, 2006, 06:49 PM
~Jess~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Feverfew helps too, but I don't know if you can take it while bfing. If it is hormonal, then maybe soy products would help?

July 30th, 2006, 02:06 AM
syncere
I have a headache pretty much everyday non stop I eat tyenol like candy but it doesnt help for very long and I can not sleep at night due to them. Ive never heard of using pepperment oil before but that is something I defintely plan on trying. Thanks for the tip !
July 31st, 2006, 01:27 PM
dkmommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i use gwei-hua and rub it on my temples and around my sinusses (you have to keep your eyes closed after that - but it works)
July 31st, 2006, 03:44 PM
NaynayPie's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to NaynayPie
I never get headaches. Honestly, I simply do not get them. I wonder if there is something I do that other people don't. I have a tendency to drink a lot. Maybe just staying hydrated helps. Yesterday I have 64+ ounces of water, 2 cups of herbal tea, 32 oz. of milk.

~Nay

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search