Do you argue when you set up the tree?

Forum: The Mommy Lounge

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Mommy Lounge LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 3rd, 2005, 08:32 AM
amymarie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to amymarie Send a message via MSN to amymarie Send a message via Yahoo to amymarie
I don't know what it is with men. EVERY year it is the same thing. We look forward to setting it up....we are all in the christmas spirit, I have hot chocolate made...we have christmas music in the background.....and inevitably......a fight will start. It's gotten so it's a running joke every year that mom and dad get into the SAME freakin argument. ANd yet....it seems unavoidable. He sets up the tree....and puts the lights on....then me and the kids do the ornaments. And EVERY year he messes up the lights. He insists on wrapping them around the tree like he's trying to bind it up...rather than "tucking" the lights into the branches so I don't see wires everywhere.
last night we set up the tree and it happened AGAIN. It's sooo bad that the kids even remember what happened the year before. Dad and mom fought....they sent us to bed...mom went to the bedroom and dad turned on sportscenter. Then a little while later they talked it out and we all got up and finished it. Every year he does the SAME thing. He knows I am neurotic about it.
ANyway....last night dh got mad that I was fussing about the lights and he sat on the couch and fell asleep. SO much for doing it together...lol. I should say...we never actually "fight"...it's more like he says "are we gonna do this again this year?" and I say "are YOU going to do this again this year?" and then the kids say "uh oh we're doing it again this year...".........

So since it seems to be an amusing little tradition in our family I thought I'd ask what your traditions are. ANy fights in other ppls houses? Plleeeeeease say yessss....lmao.
Lindi

Billy Lewis: The Heart of the Light!

<div align="center"></div>
December 4th, 2005, 02:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to pinkpercolator
Dh couldn care less how the tree is decorated. He lets me put it up the way I want. No arguments there.
December 5th, 2005, 10:50 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
im sorry but i found this hilarious!

everyyear my dad and brother would go get the tree, every year the last thing my mother would say before they left is "not as big as last year" and i swear to this day the tree gets bigger and fatter everyyear. then the decorating, the lights must be put on and off like 3 or 4 times before they are "just right" then i swear every december 23rd for the past 9 years the tree has fallen over! all because my father has to get the biggest tree LOL

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
December 5th, 2005, 01:35 PM
Send a message via AIM to amymarie Send a message via MSN to amymarie Send a message via Yahoo to amymarie
It IS funny. It's a running joke in our house and we keep saying every year..."I wonder if a fight will break out" and we laugh about it....until a fight actually breaks out and then it isn't so funny. Your family sounds just like ours. Every year it is the SAME thing. Aye. I swear, some things never change. Every year I tell him "you were like this LAST year, why can't you remember how I like the lights?" and he gets mad and starts binding up the tree. Lmao. Isn't families fun?
Lindi

December 6th, 2005, 11:40 AM
Virgo80's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Virgo80 Send a message via Yahoo to Virgo80
LMAO...my DH and I fight every year usually also because of how he does the lights, and he has to do it like 3 times before he gives up and they still are all messed up.

SUPRISINGLY...We did not fight this year! We were both actually in really silly moods though
December 6th, 2005, 12:22 PM
Thank gosh I am not alone...lol.
Lindi

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search