Tummy cosmetic surgery after pregnancy

Forum: The Mommy Lounge

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Mommy Lounge LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 5th, 2005, 07:07 PM
Super Mommy
Wasn't sure where to post this. Have any of you mommies had liposuction or a tummy tuck due to your tummy muscles or elastin being shot to hell? I am considering it cause I am just so unhappy w/ my tummies appearance and it's beyond exercising as there's nothing except surgery to help w/ the lack of elastin and the possibly strained muscles.
December 6th, 2005, 09:27 AM
mrobinson
I'm sorry to hear you're unhappy about it... I don't blame you one bit. Are you done having kids? I ask for two reasons. If you have another I heard something that I'm going to try but I don't really know if it works, and because I know a lady that had an oops-a-daisy fifteen years after having two boys. (I don't want you to waist your money if there's a possiblity.)

I wish I could help... here's my feeble attempt: Is there anyway you can look at it as a proud war wound from being a proud mom? (I am so sorry if that's completely unhelpful. I don't want to minimalize how you feel about it because that just makes it worse. )

Take care. I hope this works out for you girl.
December 6th, 2005, 01:38 PM
Super Mommy
No, I have no intention of having another child. Mine is worth all this but it's not worth it again for me. Not just because of how my tummy looks.
I have never liked my body and now it's worse so we are already working off a low self image and then the horridness of how my tummy looks just makes it a million times worse. It would be one thing if I felt I looked good in clothing but I don't feel I do. I can see the loose skin bulge in the lower part of my pants(not that it's huge or super loose). It just really bothers me and I have to be so so careful w/ what shirts I wear and so picky about my pants so that the waist line doesn't emphasize it and it's just going to get worse w/ me. I hate the idea of surgery but there's just no other option I can think of.
December 6th, 2005, 03:33 PM
mrobinson
I'm sorry to hear it and I wish I could give you some alternatives... take care and please keep up updated with your quest. (BTW: Seriously, get your tubes tied if you do it! Accidents might happen. )
December 6th, 2005, 04:01 PM
Super Mommy
Hubby will be getting a vasectomy.
December 6th, 2005, 04:22 PM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
I know what you mean about the tummy!!! I hate my tummy flab too, now that I"m pregnant, I'm sure it will get worse with the next one. Part of me doesn't mind it because I look at my daughter and think its all worth it... but part of me would like to entertain the thought of wearing a two piece bathing suit in the future. And I can tell you right now that will never happen anytime in my future.

I wish I had some advice, but I did want you to know you aren't alone!

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
December 6th, 2005, 05:03 PM
Super Mommy
I just want to feel I look good in clothing. I don't even care about how I look naked. I have never worn a 2 piece and never intend to and I have never been a belly baring kinda gal and never will. I don't want to feel self conscious in clothing when I am out and about you know? I'll probably never feel about my looks how others seem to, but I don't want to be disgusted lookign at any part of me liek I am now. It's was worth it for my Kaiden, but just because it was worth it doesn't mean I need to keep it hanging around.
December 10th, 2005, 09:48 AM
tamw402004's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I`ve never even thought about it. I was very lucky when having my 3 children when I was younger.

Good Luck if you decide to go through with it.

December 10th, 2005, 01:36 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
I`ve never even thought about it. I was very lucky when having my 3 children when I was younger.

[/b]
You mean because of your skins condition or something? I am only 27 and have always had excellent skin condition and elastin quality. I am told and so far it seems to be completely accurate that you know how your tummy area will turn out after pregnancy based on how your mothers did. If your mom barely had any stretch marks or looser skin afterwards it's highly likely you won't either and the reverse.
December 10th, 2005, 05:42 PM
EmilysMommy04's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to EmilysMommy04
Oh sorry to hear what you are going through the only way my tummy will ever be flat again is if i get cosmetic surgery i had a c-section and have a bump from where there is no muscle mass anymore i do have a really fat tummy right now only because of the depo which im now off of. I am currently ttc baby #2 . After the baby is born i am getting my tubes tied becaue i will be having another c-section . I wont be getting cosmetic surgery i am comfy the way i am i look at Emily and i think i will gladly take a dumlop again to have her all over again. Nothing eles matters but her. I do know some women get depressed about the extra belly tissue my sister does i told her you have 3 kids you earned it . Sorry again but be careful there are great risks involved.

December 10th, 2005, 10:55 PM
Super Mommy
I am well aware of the risks and they definitely concern me greatly! I very much hate that surgery is my only option to "fix" this. I dislike being in hospitals and have never had any surgery done before. I just don't look at the loose puffy lower tummy I have acquired as something I earned. My feelings about how my tummy looks will only get worse and I am concerned for my self esteem. I am just hating so much how it looks and how it makes me feel. Hubby s great about it all and pressures me zero.
My tummy has never ever been flat however and I don't expect it to be after surgery either. I just don't want this loose pouch hanging there. Very unflattering in or out of clothing!
December 11th, 2005, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Quote:

[/b]
You mean because of your skins condition or something? I am only 27 and have always had excellent skin condition and elastin quality. I am told and so far it seems to be completely accurate that you know how your tummy area will turn out after pregnancy based on how your mothers did. If your mom barely had any stretch marks or looser skin afterwards it's highly likely you won't either and the reverse.
[/b]

Yeah, I did not get stretch marks back then. My Mom looked pretty good after having my 3 brothers & myself. My daughter is the same way after having 3 children. We all 3 had our children very young.
We also used lots of lotions. I believe that helps some. Just like it helps with the aging of the skin on your face & other areas. I have also always used TONE or CARESS Soaps.

Do you work out & drink lots of water? Tummy crunches are great!

GOOD LUCK TO YOU!

December 11th, 2005, 04:29 PM
Super Mommy
Yeah, I actually have put cocoa butter, Shea, and coconut oil on my whole body twice a day after showers since I was 15 and I thought that for sure would had helped w/ my elastin around my tummy but I got more stretch marks then my mother w/ me. It's odd because I didn't even start showing till 7 1/2 months and wasn't huge till a bit after 8 1/2 months yet I had a 9 1/2 pound baby. The stretch marks didn't come till 8 months too. I drink tons of water. I am a vegetarian. It's strictly a hereditary thing clearly. I used to believe using cocoa butter especially would help but no longer believe that as the stretch marks could not had been worse for me...no way! I also do crunches w/ one of the yoga balls and have this thingie I slide on the floor while I hold onto the handles for tummy toning and still!!!!!
December 13th, 2005, 01:23 PM
You sound very healthy! Seems like you would be in perfect shape!
Maybe you are just hard on yourself.

December 13th, 2005, 05:26 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
You sound very healthy! Seems like you would be in perfect shape!
Maybe you are just hard on yourself.
[/b]
No, I know my tummy needs work and that the damage done during pregnancy is not repairable by being healthy or working out. It's just a fact and to fitx it I'd need cosmetic surgery. All deends on what the cost is. I'l be going to Kaiser in a couple weeks for a consultation to see what a doctor thinks.
December 16th, 2005, 03:59 PM
Hope it goes well for you.......GOOD LUCK!

December 19th, 2005, 08:24 AM
mrobinson
Thanks for keeping us updated! Good luck with it ~ I hope the best for you. (OT: My old boss took three vastecomies to have it successful... a new baby was the result of the first!)
December 19th, 2005, 10:32 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Thanks for keeping us updated! Good luck with it ~ I hope the best for you. (OT: My old boss took three vastecomies to have it successful... a new baby was the result of the first!)[/b]
OMG! I haven't heard of that happening before. 2 of my Uncles and a Nephew had one each and so far they have all been successful (knock on wood...for their sake!)
December 21st, 2005, 11:53 AM
mrobinson
(knock, knock)
January 7th, 2006, 11:47 PM
Super Mommy
Well I went for a consultation at Kaiser and it will cost $7,400. The surgery by itself is $4500 which is what I expected. Just way too expensive. Stuck w/ feeling uncomfortable I guess.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search