We just got terrible news

Forum: The Mommy Lounge

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Mommy Lounge LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 16th, 2005, 09:50 AM
tamw402004's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
{{{{{HUGS}}}}} My heart goes out to you.... I`m so sorry you all have to go through this. I hope & Pray all goes well for you & your family.

My Dad retired from the Navy......So I know how it can be.

January 16th, 2005, 09:50 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
Although I cannot completely relate, I have been through some of this. I was in the Navy for 2 years and dh was in for 6 years. He was deployed many times. We did two 6 month deployments and one 3 month deployment, plus many 3-6 week deployments. He missed the birth of one of our children, he was deployed when I had my miscarriage, he missed a lot. It was very very hard, but it made us very strong. I have the utmost respect for all the military members. (((((((Hugs))))))))))

Check out my running blog - Wannabe Running Mama
January 16th, 2005, 09:51 AM
Cindermella
get married sooner

You know that sucks but when your in the reserves and its war time you need expect this sort of unpleasant thing.

I hope he stays safe while abroad
January 16th, 2005, 09:57 AM
holly76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to holly76
So sorry to hear, my husband was reserves and he got called over at the beginning of the war. He was gone for a quite awhile but is home now. I was taking care of our son (three now) and working so I can understand how stressful it is. Definetly get married before he leaves so you will get your family seperation and dependant pay it will help you lots if you don't work and you will need it for baby to come. Take care all will go well. I'm glad to say my husband is now out of the Reserves because of going over there it has definetly changed our lives. I use to be in the service as well but its total different when your spouse leaves for those circumstances. My email is cowgirlholly76@yahoo.com if you want to chat or anything.
January 16th, 2005, 11:52 AM
TylerJ1029's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
((((((HUGS)))))))

January 16th, 2005, 01:04 PM
PleasedasPunch's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
(((Hugs))) I'm so sorry to hear that. You guys will be in my prayers and I know everything will work out eventually.

January 16th, 2005, 01:07 PM
mom2one's Avatar Super Mommy
Oh that is a tough time for you, stay strong, I hope the best for all.
January 16th, 2005, 01:28 PM
christianmommato3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to christianmommato3 Send a message via Yahoo to christianmommato3
lots of HUGS your way

I will pray for your family in this hard time

January 16th, 2005, 01:36 PM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
Here are MANY MANY MANY MANY (((((((HUGS)))))) coming your way!!
January 16th, 2005, 02:01 PM
AmberC's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to AmberC
Oh (((HUGS))) hun! I'm right there with you! I"ve been thru deployments before, but this time I'm going to have a baby while hes gone! My husband is in the Navy and is out to sea right now. He'll be gone for 6 months and wont see his second daughter until she is 3.5 months old!! I totally know how you feel and you can pm\email or chat on yahoo or aim with me anytime!! Its NEVER easy no matter how many times you have to go thru it! I'm so sorry it happened at such an inoppertune time for you!

</div>
January 16th, 2005, 05:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am sorry you are having to go thru this but here is my 2 cents. I would get married before he leaves also. You will get more $$ to share with him when he comes home. You can always have your big wedding when he does come home too. I am sorry your having to deal with this on top of being preggo and try to get married but please remember to stay strong. You will get thru it. It will be hard but you have to do it for the "girls". This is what always kept me going. My husband was deployed for a year when the war started and I thought I would not get thru it but I did and it has made me stronger. Best of luck and stay strong

Co-host to Thirtysomething Mommies

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search