Do you ever feel guilty for thinking of yourself

Forum: The Mommy Lounge

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Mommy Lounge LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 14th, 2005, 11:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to pinkpercolator
I do sometimes. There are times I need to think about myself. Take care of my mental, physical etc. needs. Where there are days I feel extra tired from working to much. Some of my off days I might not do anything around the house I may just lay around bed not even getting dressed unless company is coming over. Or I might go out just to get out of the house and not think of work or home life. Maybe go to a coffee house and enjoy a cappacino or just go shopping. Not that I need something. But to just get out of the house and do something to get my mind off of work and home life for a bit. Sort of that mental stress relief we all need once in a while. Someone will always try to me feel guilty for thinking of myself. When our son was much younger and I went out. People mainly the inlaws or my mother would say. Your going out? Don't know know you have a child at home. Yeah and dh is watching him. Or one time my sil yelled at me for having a few drinks at a family party. Says you have a child to take care of. Yeah Your drinking and you have 3 kids to take care of. So what's your point. She shut up quick. She was getting drunk I was not. Everyone has to think of themselves once in a while. Sometimes it's you do do and do for work,family and everyone else. That you need a little break from it all. Or make yourself mentally and or physically sick. Sometimes my relaxation time is getting some internet time.
December 16th, 2005, 11:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Every morning I wake up and think of something I could have done for my kids or DH instead of doing what I did the night before (usually its reading a good book, watching a movie, ect). I feel guilty all the time because I want to do so much more for my family.

I know that if I don't have some ME time, I would go crazy....so at the same time, I'm grateful that I can make time for myself. Yep, I there are days that I don't even get dressed on my day off even though I know that that there are things to do such as cleaning and cooking and all that "good" stuff...

I never went out all that much. Even now, when my kids are much older, I don't bother to go out...I'm a home-body. My sister, on the other hand, goes out and drinks every weekend. Her and her DH just leave the kids at her in-laws. She's a bar fly, but her kids are nice, well adjusted people who have had the benefit of enjoying active, caring grandparents.

We do what we must....and that includes some time for ourselves. Nothing wrong with that

I love my 3 girls and little boy:

Mom to Jessica - 19 yrs old, Amber - 18 yrs old, Sebastian - 2 months
December 16th, 2005, 05:23 PM
tamw402004's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I always put my kids first from the time they were born. As they got older I started doing more for me. I think it is very important to be happy as a person. Makes for a better mom. Even though my kids are 25,22 & 16 now. I still do alot for them. They know they can come to me for anything. But, they also love to see me happy too. I have raised very caring young adults.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search