Question?

Forum: The Mommy Lounge

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Mommy Lounge LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 19th, 2005, 12:39 PM
tamw402004's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do you make sure all of everyone elses clothes pockets are clean out? Or do you feel they should have it already done?

January 19th, 2005, 12:46 PM
tamw402004's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
When I first started doing my hubbys laundry ......Some of his things from his pockets would go through the wash.
I just felt he would have his work shirt pockets cleaned out before putting them in the dirty clothes. He thought I should check them before washing them.............Well, I started checking them & he started cleaning them out.....So all is ok now! No more stuff goes through the washer!

January 19th, 2005, 12:51 PM
jen1978's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to jen1978 Send a message via Yahoo to jen1978
I used to be very religious about checking pockets. but since i have started doing my husbands laudry seperate (he works outside) then i told him HE is responsible for checking his pockets. unless i feel his walet or keys then i take them out. (come on im not that mean )
January 19th, 2005, 12:55 PM
AmberC's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to AmberC
I ask Dh to do it for his work uniforms because I refuse to stick my hands in those pockets and he leaves pens in there sometimes. But his jeans I will check. I dont mind. It would be nice if he'd check it before putting his stuff in the laundry. And he does try to remember sometimes, but I always make sure to double check because I dont want to risk pens just in case.

</div>
January 19th, 2005, 12:57 PM
Selestial's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've asked him to check and sometimes he does, but I usually try to check too. Its a lot less annoying than dealing with shredded pieces of paper all over all the clothes. Of course a couple times he forgot to check and I got some extra $$ of the deal

January 19th, 2005, 01:00 PM
meant2bemommie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Habit I will check all pockets! - I may get rich!
January 19th, 2005, 01:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
When do I do laundry??? When I have NOTHING clean and have no choice! I hate laundry!

I have 2 boys (one 6 and one 29) in my house and you would be disgusted by some of the crap they leave in their pockets- originally I refused to check pockets- but when rocks broke my dryer, gummi worms got stuck to my favorite shirts, spent 2 hours picking small pieces of some sort of carboard product out of the washing machine and all of my socks became tye dyed from pens I started caving in and cleaning them out!

January 19th, 2005, 07:49 PM
Sweet Louison's Avatar Veteran
that is dh's job...my boys are too young to carry much more than the occasional matchbox car in their pockets...

of course when i washed dh's car remote and ruined it he tried to pin it on me...but i told him he was a big boy...i think he can handle cleaning out his own pockets....

heheheh

hollie
January 19th, 2005, 08:23 PM
PleasedasPunch's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I always check the pockets... I can't trust dh to have them cleaned out.

January 20th, 2005, 08:04 AM
KarateMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to KarateMom
I don't usually check the pockets - leading to lots of bits of paper in the laundry lots of times! DH is pretty good about checking his own pockets since he carries his Clie' handheld and cell phone in there and takes them out when he takes his pants off.
One time, I washed AND dried his PalmPilot because I didn't check his pockets and the thing survived and worked for another two years! Another time, I didn't check my own pockets and washed my camera phone! It made it through to the spin cycle but luckily I rememered before it made it to the dryer. It survived too, although we had to replace the battery. I don't think we would have even had to do that if I hadn't called it while it was washing!

You're never fully dressed without a SMILE!!

January 20th, 2005, 08:13 AM
Cindermella
I am bad for not checking pockets
but then if they wanted to keep it
they should have removed it from their pocket before putting it in the wash right

cha ching

i like finding money i the machine
January 20th, 2005, 09:28 AM
dingledine's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to dingledine Send a message via Yahoo to dingledine
I sometimes check pockets. My husband however always cleans his pockets out and zips up and buttons up his jeans. My 10 year old son never puts anything in his pockets. I put things in my pockets and frequently forget to check them! Tsk on ME!

Jewelry for yourself, or for a friend. Breastfeeding aides, beautiful bracelets, earings and more.

Store.beadsarebeautiful.com
January 20th, 2005, 09:41 AM
Armywife
Ugh...do ya know how many pockets are in ONE pair of BDUs??!!!! OMG...I always ask him to do it himself, but I always hear a big CLINK CLINK in the dryer!!! He is a Tank maintainer so he always has nuts and bolts and such in his pockets....I always think to myself...this is a good washer and dryer!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search