Is being a Mom

Forum: The Mommy Lounge

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Mommy Lounge LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 20th, 2005, 01:22 PM
Cindermella
your whole identity?
January 20th, 2005, 01:25 PM
jen1978's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to jen1978 Send a message via Yahoo to jen1978
Yes, and not by choice. I think that is why ever since i had children my friends just started tappering off. Not that I dont LOVE being a mom because i do. Mabey thats why I work just so i can be myself for 8 hours a day.
January 21st, 2005, 07:07 AM
Cindermella
what i mean is

can you talk about other things other than being a mom?

I have many friends with no kids and well we do not discuss my children and we can speak for hours about other things

conversely i have friends that have one or two kids and its their whole life. Every conversation is about their child, his after school activites and so on
January 21st, 2005, 07:30 AM
Armywife
Nope...they are not my whole Identity...a pretty big part though!!! Even though I know all the Barney Songs and have a toddlers hits CD in my van...they aren't my whole identity!!But since chance has gotten older (almost 3 now) i have been able to detach a little more!
My best Friend does not have kids, and her husband has been in iraq for 9 months now, we go shopping and out to lunch together w/o kids! And, sometimes we have girls night at her house and play games and listen to music!
January 21st, 2005, 07:40 AM
Jessica Rae's Avatar Member
Send a message via Yahoo to Jessica Rae
Not my whole identity at all. When I was working up until last month, it was really hard to spend time with my SAHM friends, because that is ALL they could and would talk about. It sounds mean, but I was bored. Now that I am a SAHM, I hate to say it, but I am anxious to get back to work. I love being with my babies, but I need more stimulation and adult interaction.
Bella Theresa-19 months
</span>

[b]Proud Military Wife
January 21st, 2005, 11:41 AM
kjomomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to kjomomma
yes it is....I love being a mom but once in awhile I would like to go out and enjoy myself with other adults and have 5 dollars that i can spend on whatever i want. being a mom has pretty much taken over everything about me. I am pretty boring to my friends that have no kids. luckily most of the friends we have do have kids the same age so we can get toether and try to have adult time while the kids play.
Bryce(8)
Kyndal (6)
Alayna(3)
And Rayanna (2)
January 21st, 2005, 12:47 PM
tamw402004's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I do not feel it is totally! I`m known also for being smart, caring & attractive.
However my family & friends have always praised me on the type of Mom I am......It makes me proud & happy. I have been a Mom since I was 15...That is when I became pregnant with my first child, Regina.
I have always thought being a GOOD MOM is very important & very rewarding. I can say this because I have 3 great older kids! They are each very smart & very loving! And I know in my heart alot of it is because of the type of Mom I am to each of them!

January 21st, 2005, 03:20 PM
holly76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to holly76
Yep if I'm talking about one kid its the one on the way. Does husband count as a kid too? lol
January 22nd, 2005, 05:20 AM
EmilysMommy04's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to EmilysMommy04
Im going to say yes. I cant imagine not being a mommy. After I got preg with Emily I was like Its not about me anymore.... Which I love it being all about Emily.
So yes a mommy is my identity.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search